Yes, when I thoroughly read the manifest I noticed all the similiarities and knew it was she. My grandfather's real name is Innocenti - she probably called him Centi - and the recorder heard Santi! I'm sure communication is a big factor in recording the manifests - how else would Innocenti become Innocenzo? And knowing that her real name is Pietra and not Petrina gives me a whole new perspective on what to look for in the Sicilian records. I'm lucky that, according to their website, the Family History Center has birth, marriage and death records from that town. You don't know how excited I am just to confirm the town they came from! That's a huge accomplishment, thanks to you!
I can also now assume that the "Sardia" must have come from the last letters in the Alsatia. After all, my great-grandparents were illiterate and never learned to speak English, despite what the census says.
I do not know who the other couple are. I've never heard of them and no one from Elizabeth Street is left alive. But I will include them in my research. I am hoping to discover a city directory from that period to see who actually lived at that address.
Thank you again for your help and your good wishes. I am excited to procede!
N
hola, busco información acerca del apellido FUCCA, el único dato que tengo es que eran de SICILIA.
dejo mi correo para alguna informacion...
virginiafucca @ yahoo.com.ar
gracias