Hi everyone I'm new here, so bear with me. I am looking for the lineage of the Corsi Family of San Bellino, Rovigo Italy or Lendinara, Rovigo, Italy.
Ermenegildo Corsi and his wife, Giuseppina (or Giuseppa) Ghirardello Corsi arrived on Ellis Island on Feb. 11, 1908 on the ship Europa with their three children: Maria Corsi (my paternal grandmother), Antonio Corsi and Rosa Corsi.
The ship manifest lists San Bellino as the community, by my grandmother's naturalization papers list Lendinara, so it could be either/or.
The only other information I have is that my grandmother (Maria Celia Corsi) was born in August (she said 1st, but that is up for debate) 1906. If anyone has any information on the lineage in Italy, I'd greatly appreciate it. You can contact me on this forum or at my email address: shinzon@snet.net.
Thank you,
Alison White
Corsi Family
Re: Corsi Family
I think that San Bellino is right birthplace, because the ship's manifest was made directly from passports, and the passports was and are very precise.. regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: Corsi Family
Dear Allison,
My personal opinion is to try both towns for records for the following reasons.
Here is the Manifest
Page one
Page two
1. You are stating that the manifest states one thing and the passport states something else.
2. On the manifest, the Corsi family is going to visit their brother-in-law Antonio Ghirardello who was from Lendinara.
3. Antonio Ghirardello 's family is listed below the Corsi family on the manifest and they are from Lendinara.
4. The manifest states, "last known residence" which is and they were leaving an Uncle Fedele in San Bellino.
What could have happened is the Corsi Family could have been from Lendinara and then went to visit Uncle Fedele in San Bellino before coming to the USA, therefore the "last residence is San Bellino".
Or the Corsi family could be from San Bellino while the Ghirardello could be from Lendinara. The rule of thumb with Genealogy is that you need proof.
There isn't microfilm for the towns so you will have to write to them directly.
Here is the information for San Bellino
Comune di San Bellino
Ufficio Anagrafe
Tasso 16 (via)
45020 San Bellino RO
Here is their website San Bellino
Here is the address for
Comune di Lendinara
Ufficio Anagrafe
J.F. Kennedy 6 (piazzale)
45026 Lendinara RO
Here is the website for Lendinara
Here is a website that will help you translate your letter into Italian.
http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... civile.asp
I suggest that you either write to both towns for Maria Celia Corsi Birth Act since you already know the year. Or you can write for the Marriage Act of her parents. This will help give you clues as to where the family was from.
I hope this helps,
Trish
My personal opinion is to try both towns for records for the following reasons.
Here is the Manifest
Page one
Page two
1. You are stating that the manifest states one thing and the passport states something else.
2. On the manifest, the Corsi family is going to visit their brother-in-law Antonio Ghirardello who was from Lendinara.
3. Antonio Ghirardello 's family is listed below the Corsi family on the manifest and they are from Lendinara.
4. The manifest states, "last known residence" which is and they were leaving an Uncle Fedele in San Bellino.
What could have happened is the Corsi Family could have been from Lendinara and then went to visit Uncle Fedele in San Bellino before coming to the USA, therefore the "last residence is San Bellino".
Or the Corsi family could be from San Bellino while the Ghirardello could be from Lendinara. The rule of thumb with Genealogy is that you need proof.
There isn't microfilm for the towns so you will have to write to them directly.
Here is the information for San Bellino
Comune di San Bellino
Ufficio Anagrafe
Tasso 16 (via)
45020 San Bellino RO
Here is their website San Bellino
Here is the address for
Comune di Lendinara
Ufficio Anagrafe
J.F. Kennedy 6 (piazzale)
45026 Lendinara RO
Here is the website for Lendinara
Here is a website that will help you translate your letter into Italian.
http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... civile.asp
I suggest that you either write to both towns for Maria Celia Corsi Birth Act since you already know the year. Or you can write for the Marriage Act of her parents. This will help give you clues as to where the family was from.
I hope this helps,
Trish
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
- Filipe_Ghirardello
- Newbie

- Posts: 4
- Joined: 28 Sep 2009, 18:42
- Contact:
Re: Corsi Family
Hi, I might be decendent of thie "Antonio Ghirardello" and I'm trying to find my family roots.. I couldn't read the Manifest pages.. so I can´t find anything about "Antonio Ghirardello" he might be my grand-grand-father, father of Bortolo Ghirardello. That imigrate to Brazil in 1888 I guess. The family is mostly dead and I have been into too many deadend trails..
I know this topic is old, but perhaps the guy that was lookin for the Corsi Family got lucky??!
I know this topic is old, but perhaps the guy that was lookin for the Corsi Family got lucky??!
Re: Corsi Family
Hi by Military records, Ermenegildo Corsi was born in Lendinara and most probably resident in San Bellino;AlisonW wrote:Hi everyone I'm new here, so bear with me. I am looking for the lineage of the Corsi Family of San Bellino, Rovigo Italy or Lendinara, Rovigo, Italy.
Ermenegildo Corsi and his wife, Giuseppina (or Giuseppa) Ghirardello Corsi arrived on Ellis Island on Feb. 11, 1908 on the ship Europa with their three children: Maria Corsi (my paternal grandmother), Antonio Corsi and Rosa Corsi.
The ship manifest lists San Bellino as the community, by my grandmother's naturalization papers list Lendinara, so it could be either/or.
The only other information I have is that my grandmother (Maria Celia Corsi) was born in August (she said 1st, but that is up for debate) 1906. If anyone has any information on the lineage in Italy, I'd greatly appreciate it. You can contact me on this forum or at my email address: shinzon@snet.net.
Thank you,
Alison White
he was born in 1876, son of Giuseppe and Giuseppina Bombonato
regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: Corsi Family
I've been doing a little seeking myself, I am related to the Corsi family my great grandfathers fathers fathers father is Antonio Corsi. Born1621 in San Pellegrinetto, Lucca, Italy His Wife Was Mrs. P. Giovanna, and There Son Was Giovanni Corsi. I am looking for family members still in that area of San Pellegrinetto, Lucca, Italy. I know that my great grandfather was living in Afton Wyoming his name Arcangelo McMenamy Corsi nick name Arkie. My Great Grandmothers Name Edith Lee Cosie. If anyone knows of The Corsi Family or Families Living Still In San Pellegrinetto, Lucca, Italy. Please Contact Me At heavyequiptankermechanic@gmail.com Thank You. Have A Wonderful Life.
