Raffygen is right
Here the are the Carlentini civil records microfilms from FHL (mormon church)
or you can also write a request to have integral copy of civil record to Archivio di Stato di Siracusa
I hope helps
bye Riccardo
By the way I forgot to mention that my fiance's great grand mother was Domenica Vitale from Nicosia born in 1843. Her son Nicolo D'Alio born in 1880 emigrated to the US in 1904.cvitale wrote:My grandfather, Angelo Vitale came to Omaha, Nebraska (USA) from Sicily around 1912. He married Lucia Monaco in 1918 (Omaha, Nebraska) who was from Carlentini, Sicily.
I am trying to find out where my grandfather was born. His father's name was Angelo as well and his mother's name was Sarah Vitale.
My grandmother's parents were Gaetano Monaco and Angela Inzolera.



cvitale wrote:My grandfather, Angelo Vitale came to Omaha, Nebraska (USA) from Sicily around 1912. He married Lucia Monaco in 1918 (Omaha, Nebraska) who was from Carlentini, Sicily.
I am trying to find out where my grandfather was born. His father's name was Angelo as well and his mother's name was Sarah Vitale.
My grandmother's parents were Gaetano Monaco and Angela Inzolera.
for references, the 1913 arrival manifest:cvitale wrote:Found out additional information. My grandfather Angelo Vitale came through Ellis Island as Angelo Tacchino and I was able to find that record. I am still trying to find his birth records from the microfilm but was unable to find Angelo Tacchino.
possible Draft Registration Card for the first world war:cvitale wrote:The records I have now is my grandfather's death certificate, marriage certificate, SSI Index and 1930 Census.
I still do not know where he was born, when or if he was ever naturalized. If he was naturalized, what date, etc.
Angelo Vitale
Born: 11/14/1894 (listed on death certificate as 10/25/1895)
Died in Omaha, Nebraska August 13, 1964 (Douglas County)
Married Lucia Monaco on April 20, 1918 in Omaha.
They had four children, Nancy, Joseph, Gaetano (Thomas) - which is my father and Antoinette.
This boy was Lucia's brother Luciano.... Angelo's brother in law:pink67 wrote:in the 1920 census he's listed as Vitale:
1920 United States Federal Census
about Angelo Vitalia
Name: Angelo Vitalia
[Angelo Vitalis]
Home in 1920: Omaha Ward 4, Douglas, Nebraska
Age: 24
Estimated birth year: abt 1896
Birthplace: Italy
Relation to Head of House: Self (Head)
[Head]
Spouse's name: Louise Vitalia
Father's Birth Place: Italy
Mother's Birth Place: Italy
Marital Status: Married
Race: White
Sex: Male
Home owned: Rent
Year of Immigration: 1913
Able to read: Yes
Able to Write: Yes
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members: Name Age
Angelo Vitalia 24 head, born in Italy, alien, labourer in a macaroni Co.
Louise Vitalia 20 wife, born in IT., immigr. year 1913
Joe Vitalia 0 [11/12] son, born in NE
Louis Moor 17 brother?, single, born in IT, immig. year 1913, labourer in a macaroni Co.
image:
http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=TsyIym9
Laura
