Searching for answers regarding Great Grandparents

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Searching for answers regarding Great Grandparents

Post by Tessa78 »

Just for the record... here is the marriage I referenced in my earlier post for Biagio Sciano and Giuseppa Gaglione in Sant'Agata di Militello on 10 August 1895.
I do not know if this is YOUR Biagio Sciano...
I would be more confident if this Biagio's father was Giuseppe (as he named his son)... but in this record Biagio is the son of deceased Vincenzo :-(
Biagio is age 25, a fisherman - (in the 1920 Census, your Biagio is a carpenter)

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,245548901

T.
jdischia
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: 13 Mar 2015, 17:56

Re: Searching for answers regarding Great Grandparents

Post by jdischia »

I see. Yeah, I agree, I just don't know. I wish I had more information from my family to offer. Thank you for all your assistance.
Soundguy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: 29 Aug 2024, 20:18

Re: Searching for answers regarding Great Grandparents

Post by Soundguy »

Greetings,
I totally need all the help I can get! I am trying to locate the ancestry of my grandfather Joseph B. Shano, Sr. He lived and died in Plaquemines Parish, LA. Growing up I thought he was Cajun, but I was recently told that he was actually Sicilian. I would love to be able to trace my heritage back to Italy. Thanks in advance for your help!

Sincerely,

Robert Honea
Post Reply