Polito/Angilletta&Fuda surnames

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
User avatar
mfjp
Master
Master
Posts: 2211
Joined: 13 Aug 2004, 00:00
Contact:

Re: Polito/Angilletta&Fuda surnames

Post by mfjp »

You read it correctly...just adding that he was off to Wampum, Pennsylvania!

http://ellisisland.org/search/shipManif ... 2506080055
------------------------------------------------------
will keep you posted... :P

mfjp
User avatar
mfjp
Master
Master
Posts: 2211
Joined: 13 Aug 2004, 00:00
Contact:

Re: Polito/Angilletta&Fuda surnames

Post by mfjp »

Found a census record of a Joseph Angilletto who's birthdate would be close to Domenico Fuda...

There is also a Polito mentioned on the record... (James)

Name: Joseph Angilletto
Home in 1900: Big Beaver, Lawrence, Pennsylvania
Age: 32
Estimated birth year: 1868
Birthplace: Italy
Race: White
Relationship to head-of-house: Boarder

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/2466 ... 9003fr.gif

Was it Domenico's census record you wished to locate?

mfjp
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: Polito/Angilletta&Fuda surnames

Post by nuccia »

Both would be great...I'll check this out and hopefully we can get Domenico's too. This may indicate a sibling for each of my grandparents. I also will look into the Polito on the census.

Now I just have to find out who Giuseppes wife was and if she ever came over...

My sister and I think we may have located Bruno and Caterinas death certificates. We are awaiting verbal confirmation from Italy from an aunt. My dad also has a medal from the war for Bruno which he will bring down during the holidays (its in the bank now).
Thanks Maria!
User avatar
mfjp
Master
Master
Posts: 2211
Joined: 13 Aug 2004, 00:00
Contact:

Re: Polito/Angilletta&Fuda surnames

Post by mfjp »

That's wonderful information!! Looks like you've done lots of research.... looks like a few family members are really involved too... nice to see that an aunt in Italy is helping out.

That's an awesome keepsake for your Dad. The bank is a wise place to keep it in.

You must take a high quality digital photo of the Medal - front & back...

And maybe a young one can take a rubbing off the medal - an impression, (paper & pencil)... It's a fun way to learn about his ancestor.

maria
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: Polito/Angilletta&Fuda surnames

Post by nuccia »

Hi Maria,
I think I've found a Giuseppe Angiletta manifest on Castle but I can't find it on Ellis Island. The info is as follows:

Giuseppe Angiletta
34 yrs old (birthdate about 1865)
Arrived Oct 29, 1899 on board California
Destination Penn
last residence S llario
from Naples

So, how do I now view this manifest? I know there is a Steve M(?) site but am unsure of the use...as always, can u come to my rescue?
User avatar
mfjp
Master
Master
Posts: 2211
Joined: 13 Aug 2004, 00:00
Contact:

Re: Polito/Angilletta&Fuda surnames

Post by mfjp »

Certainly!

Back soon...

mfjp
User avatar
mfjp
Master
Master
Posts: 2211
Joined: 13 Aug 2004, 00:00
Contact:

Re: Polito/Angilletta&Fuda surnames

Post by mfjp »

This was probably another set of records that the Ellis group did not transcribe...

Luckily Castle Gardens had transcribed it... good thing you checked the Castle Gardens site...

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/2932 ... use6kf.jpg

mfjp
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: Polito/Angilletta&Fuda surnames

Post by nuccia »

What does reservist mean on a manifest?
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
Image
User avatar
mfjp
Master
Master
Posts: 2211
Joined: 13 Aug 2004, 00:00
Contact:

Re: Polito/Angilletta&Fuda surnames

Post by mfjp »

A member of a military reserve??

mfjp
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: Polito/Angilletta&Fuda surnames

Post by nuccia »

thats what i was thinking. I found a manifest with this info on it and i believe it said Vincenzo spouse of Caterina brother of Francesco in reservist W.V. or Pitts and the computer went down! It was under an alternate spelling and as u know my uncle died in the war, my gmother was Caterina and my gfather was Francesco! I can't remember if the arrival date was July 23, 1920...I guess I'll have to start again...
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
Image
User avatar
mfjp
Master
Master
Posts: 2211
Joined: 13 Aug 2004, 00:00
Contact:

Re: Polito/Angilletta&Fuda surnames

Post by mfjp »

good memory!

http://stevemorse.org/goulnik/match1.ph ... &dwpdone=1

First Name: Vincenzo
Last Name: Angelletta
Ethnicity: Italian
Last Place of Residence: US
Date of Arrival: Jul 23, 1920
Age at Arrival: 41y Gender: M Marital Status: M
Ship of Travel: Italia
Port of Departure: Naples
Manifest Line Number: 0018

mfjp

ps... our internet's been on and off here too...
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: Polito/Angilletta&Fuda surnames

Post by nuccia »

Thanks for the info Maria. Was able to locate someone also researching the Angilletta line (a genealogist) for personal use...she is a descendant of the Angillettas. Maybe I'll get lucky!

Gotta run...I have finals to write. Are you enjoying the weather?
User avatar
mfjp
Master
Master
Posts: 2211
Joined: 13 Aug 2004, 00:00
Contact:

Re: Polito/Angilletta&Fuda surnames

Post by mfjp »

Finals? Best of luck to you..... Enjoying the weather?

Last weekend we had a huge snowball fight... which was kinda fun... it was 2 against one... and because I know how to shape meatballs... I had the advantage here...

With all the snow coming down... never a mention of school closures... I know more about Buffalo closures than our own...

maria
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: Polito/Angilletta&Fuda surnames

Post by nuccia »

I think I have found someone who can answer some of my questions! The genealogists researching the Angilletta's emailed me tonight. She has lots of information and microfilms on permanant loan at her local library and is willing to provide me with as much information as she can. I am so excited! I did a google search on my last name and all kinds of things are out there. Now I just have to piece them together. I couldn't have gotten this far without the help I received here. The information provided in the forums is worth so much. I have people approaching ME now with all kinds of questions. I'll keep you posted.

Finals went well...snowstorm was horrible! You're right, Maria. Not a chance of school closures! Sometimes I believe we're in the wrong country.

Time for bed. Worked the graveyard shift and want to have my own snowball fight with the kids tomorrow.

regards,
Erminia
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
Image
User avatar
mfjp
Master
Master
Posts: 2211
Joined: 13 Aug 2004, 00:00
Contact:

Re: Polito/Angilletta&Fuda surnames

Post by mfjp »

Look forward to future posts...

Have fun with the kids... show no mercy...

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Maria
Post Reply