Pellegrini/Lombardini

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
User avatar
pj01cj02
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 62
Joined: 15 Aug 2005, 00:00

Re: Pellegrini/Lombardini

Post by pj01cj02 »

ty trish
User avatar
pj01cj02
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 62
Joined: 15 Aug 2005, 00:00

Lombardini

Post by pj01cj02 »

Pia Lombardini was killed in March 1905 by Gosto Padittini. This happened in the Trimountain, Houghton MI area at an Italian christening. Looking for information on Gosto Padittini. I found an article from March 29, 1905 in the Ft. Wayne Sentinel.
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 1874
Joined: 04 Feb 2004, 00:00
Location: TRENTO - ITALY
Contact:

Re: Pellegrini/Lombardini

Post by ricbru »

I suggest you to contact local library or state archive, they may have newspapers of that time all microfilmed
bye Riccardo
User avatar
pj01cj02
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 62
Joined: 15 Aug 2005, 00:00

Re: Pellegrini/Lombardini

Post by pj01cj02 »

ty for the suggestion. I will do that. :D
User avatar
mfjp
Master
Master
Posts: 2211
Joined: 13 Aug 2004, 00:00
Contact:

Re: Pellegrini/Lombardini

Post by mfjp »

Hi Deb,

Can you check the name again? Though the given name Gusto does exist... maybe it could also be Agostino, Gustave... trying to find something...

Ft. Wayne Sentinel - Isn't that a newspaper from Indiana?

Does the article give his age?

maria (with morning coffee.....) :x
User avatar
pj01cj02
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 62
Joined: 15 Aug 2005, 00:00

Re: Pellegrini/Lombardini

Post by pj01cj02 »

Good Morning Maria,
Yes, the Ft. Wayne Sentinel is in Indiana. It was dated March 29, 1905. I don't know why it was there but that is where I found it. It didn't give ages just the name and circumstances. Shows it as Gosto Padittini. I am guessing that Pia was about 26. Thanks for the name suggestions. I will try that. I couldn't find him on Ellis Island either.
Deb :D
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: Pellegrini/Lombardini

Post by nuccia »

According to the earlier site Maria posted, the Itaian name for Fannie is Filippa.

Nuccia
User avatar
mfjp
Master
Master
Posts: 2211
Joined: 13 Aug 2004, 00:00
Contact:

Re: Pellegrini/Lombardini

Post by mfjp »

nuccia wrote:According to the earlier site Maria posted, the Itaian name for Fannie is Filippa.

Nuccia
Hi Nuccia, Thank you!

I had completely forgotten who Fanny was... so back to page 1 of this post!

Was curious too... and found a ships record for Fanny Baiocchi - exact spelling... who was off to sister Jenny's house

Trish also posted info about Fanny and Jenny earlier on.

Baiocchi,Fanny Town - Collodi Arrival 1903 age 25 born 1878

First Name: Fanny
Last Name: Baiocchi
Ethnicity: Italy
Last Place of Residence: Collodi
Date of Arrival: Jan 27, 1903
Age at Arrival: 25y Gender: F Marital Status: S
Ship of Travel: La Champagne
Port of Departure: Havre
Manifest Line Number: 0025

http://ellisisland.org/search/shipManif ... 2606050058

Just to recap...

Pia Lombardini's brother was named Gervasio-

Gervasio's 2nd marriage was to Fanny Baiocchi (who was also a sister of Gervasio's first wife...) :!:

Gervasio's first wife was.... Jenny Baiocchi

pj01cj02 wrote
Gervasio had 2 wives. Both of them Baiocchi. His first wife died and he married her sister 4 months later. So much for a long mourning period.
---------------

pj01cj02, thought you should know...

Trish (brujaojos) also sent me an entire page of the newspaper the story was in... the same one you had quoted from. I can email it to you if you wish.

Nuccia has been looking for an article about Pia Giuli.

But what a story eh?

Oh yes... I had also wondered if the name Gusto Pedittini was a typo and should have been Gusto Pelligrini... but variations of Pedittini do come up on the Ellis website...

maria
User avatar
pj01cj02
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 62
Joined: 15 Aug 2005, 00:00

Re: Pellegrini/Lombardini

Post by pj01cj02 »

The article said Padittini. Are you saying you think Pedittini? Will look further for that name. Thanks Maria!
Deb
User avatar
mfjp
Master
Master
Posts: 2211
Joined: 13 Aug 2004, 00:00
Contact:

Re: Pellegrini/Lombardini

Post by mfjp »

Yes, the article does say Padittini.. my "Pedittini" was a typo...

Could be anything... even Pelligrini...

Patadino seems more common... trying to see if this name or something close exists in Haughton...

maria
User avatar
pj01cj02
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 62
Joined: 15 Aug 2005, 00:00

Re: Pellegrini/Lombardini

Post by pj01cj02 »

I have been looking in Houghton too lol.
Post Reply