Good day!
I found an index (birth index) and they have all the boys and girls, but they have all the Bancheri first and then Banchero (alphabetically), but..... is there any difference ??? or it was just a thing of preference??
I will be very thankful if I can receive any hint on this matter.
Grazzie!
Ana
Banchero / Bancheri
- Italysearcher
- Master

- Posts: 3470
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 19:58
- Location: Sora, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Banchero / Bancheri
In later years they represent different families. Usually related in some way.
In earlier years the spelling often depended on the clerk registering the birth, or the pronunciation of the person declaring the birth. In many towns the last vowel was not of great importance, in others it denoted different branches of an originating family, or not.
An ambiguous reply but that is how it often is. You will need to be very careful to match all parts of the acts and NOT make assumptions.
In earlier years the spelling often depended on the clerk registering the birth, or the pronunciation of the person declaring the birth. In many towns the last vowel was not of great importance, in others it denoted different branches of an originating family, or not.
An ambiguous reply but that is how it often is. You will need to be very careful to match all parts of the acts and NOT make assumptions.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
Re: Banchero / Bancheri
Thank you! that helps a lot.
As far as I was able to track down the family, it was always Banchero; but now that I can see older records, there are 2 last names. I will be careful. Thank you for the advise.
Ana
As far as I was able to track down the family, it was always Banchero; but now that I can see older records, there are 2 last names. I will be careful. Thank you for the advise.
Ana
