Monty of Lessona, Biella, Piemonte

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
User avatar
chasandre
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: 26 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: San Francisco, California

Monty of Lessona, Biella, Piemonte

Post by chasandre »

Hi all,

I just discovered I'm 1/64th Italian !! (my gggGrandfather immigrated from Italy to France about 1840).
His name was Joseph Monty (or Monte), and he was born Ocotber 7th 1819, in Lessona, province of Biella, in the Piedmont area of Italy. His parents names were Maurice and Victoire (at least that's what it said on the French marriage record).
A few questions:
Any relatives out there?
Anybody know if civil or church records are available from this town?

Thanks!

Chas
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 1874
Joined: 04 Feb 2004, 00:00
Location: TRENTO - ITALY
Contact:

Re: Monty of Lessona, Biella, Piemonte

Post by ricbru »

for civil records write to:

Comune
Ufficio di Stato Civile
Piazza Guglielmo Marconi, 5
13853 Lessona (BI)
Italy

or

Archivio di Stato di Vercelli

http://wwwdb.archivi.beniculturali.it/S ... ERCELLI%22

for parish records write to:

http://www.parrocchie.it/gear/qlist.htm ... d_cognome=

I hope it helps, bye Riccardo
Post Reply