Help reading italian please
Help reading italian please
Hi everyone. I believe I finally located a sibling of my grandfather. My Grandfather was Gaetano Presta born to Antonio Presta (born approx: 1853) and Raffaele Pelligrini (born approx: 1859) from Longobardi.
I found this birth record and I think the parents are the same. Can someone help me with what it says?
Thank you!
Diane
I found this birth record and I think the parents are the same. Can someone help me with what it says?
Thank you!
Diane
Re: Help reading italian please
Parents are the same...
Record #24
Dated 9 April 1882
Father: Antonio Presta [son of deceased Antonio], age 29, laborer
Mother: Raffaella Pelligrini [daughter of Domenico], age 25, his wife, spinner
The female child was born at 9 AM on 7 April, and given the name Palma.
T.
Record #24
Dated 9 April 1882
Father: Antonio Presta [son of deceased Antonio], age 29, laborer
Mother: Raffaella Pelligrini [daughter of Domenico], age 25, his wife, spinner
The female child was born at 9 AM on 7 April, and given the name Palma.
T.
Re: Help reading italian please
oh wow very exciting!!!!!! Thank you so much!!!! So this definitely is my grandfathers sister!!!!!! Do you know if it has Raffaella's mother's name?
Re: Help reading italian please
These records just identify the father of each of the parents.dizabrat wrote:oh wow very exciting!!!!!! Thank you so much!!!! So this definitely is my grandfathers sister!!!!!! Do you know if it has Raffaella's mother's name?
Do you have the marriage of Antonio and Raffaella? Mother's name would appear there.
BTW - I forgot to mention that the birth took place at the house at Via Pianicello #14.
T.
Re: Help reading italian please
Hi, someone sent me the document for my grandfather!!!! They are siblings!
Can you tell if it is the same address? Also is there anything on Palma's record that says who she married, I dont know how they saw it on Gaetano's?
There is a Gaetano Presta born Jan 10 1893
Father: Antonio, son of deceased Antonio, aged 40
Mother: Raffaela Pelegrini, daughter of Domenico, aged 33
On Dec 2 1911 he married Elvira Bruno
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2043464
Can you tell if it is the same address? Also is there anything on Palma's record that says who she married, I dont know how they saw it on Gaetano's?
There is a Gaetano Presta born Jan 10 1893
Father: Antonio, son of deceased Antonio, aged 40
Mother: Raffaela Pelegrini, daughter of Domenico, aged 33
On Dec 2 1911 he married Elvira Bruno
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2043464
- liviomoreno
- Master

- Posts: 7116
- Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Help reading italian please
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2043464dizabrat wrote:Hi, someone sent me the document for my grandfather!!!! They are siblings!
Can you tell if it is the same address? Also is there anything on Palma's record that says who she married, I dont know how they saw it on Gaetano's?
There is a Gaetano Presta born Jan 10 1893
Father: Antonio, son of deceased Antonio, aged 40
Mother: Raffaela Pelegrini, daughter of Domenico, aged 33
On Dec 2 1911 he married Elvira Bruno
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2043464
Re: Help reading italian death record please
Hi, well yesterday was a happy day because I found my grandfathers sibling Palma Presta but now I think i found her death record as a baby. Would someone please tell me if this is for the same person that I found yesterday that said:
Dated 9 April 1882
Father: Antonio Presta [son of deceased Antonio], age 29, laborer
Mother: Raffaella Pelligrini [daughter of Domenico], age 25, his wife, spinner
The female child was born at 9 AM on 7 April, and given the name Palma.
The birth took place at the house at Via Pianicello #14.
Dated 9 April 1882
Father: Antonio Presta [son of deceased Antonio], age 29, laborer
Mother: Raffaella Pelligrini [daughter of Domenico], age 25, his wife, spinner
The female child was born at 9 AM on 7 April, and given the name Palma.
The birth took place at the house at Via Pianicello #14.
Re: Help reading italian please
Thank you Livio for reposting the link to the record! 
Yes, the address is Via Pianicello, but no number given.
Palma died at age 8 months, on 10 December.
T.
Yes, the address is Via Pianicello, but no number given.
Palma died at age 8 months, on 10 December.
T.
Re: Help reading italian please
Thank you Tessa78, does it say how? So sad....
Re: Help reading italian please
Ok I have a real head scratcher here... I found Gaetano Presta, Palma Presta, and Giuseppe Salvatore Presta all born to Antonio Presta and Raffaela Pelligrini at via Pianicello.
Now I see a birth record for Presta Francesco ??? ????
Born Oct 1888 (I think)
But then it says Dominica Provinzano for Antonio at via Pianicello (same street)
and down the page it mentions Antonio Presta and Raffaela Pelligrini is this their child?
Thank you in advance!!!
Now I see a birth record for Presta Francesco ??? ????
Born Oct 1888 (I think)
But then it says Dominica Provinzano for Antonio at via Pianicello (same street)
and down the page it mentions Antonio Presta and Raffaela Pelligrini is this their child?
Thank you in advance!!!
Re: Help reading italian please
Sorry I forgot No. 66
Re: Help reading italian please
No. These death records do not usually identify a cause of death unless it was an unusual circumstance (war, natural disaster, notification from a hospital, etc.)dizabrat wrote:Thank you Tessa78, does it say how? So sad....
Domenica Provinzano was the midwife who helped with the birth and presented the child to the official in place of the father who could not make the declaration as he was away from the town for work.Now I see a birth record for Presta Francesco ??? ????
Born Oct 1888 (I think)
But then it says Dominica Provinzano for Antonio at via Pianicello (same street)
and down the page it mentions Antonio Presta and Raffaela Pelligrini is this their child?
Parents are Antonio Presta and Raffaella Pellligrini
T.
Re: Help reading italian please
Oh wow, thank you.... this is another sibling!!!!!! Can you tell what it says after Francesco?
Re: Help reading italian please
I think it says Francesco Nicola Pascale?
- liviomoreno
- Master

- Posts: 7116
- Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Help reading italian please
Correctdizabrat wrote:I think it says Francesco Nicola Pascale?
