Anyone has 1930Census? Please check this out for me...

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
User avatar
bull1982
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 77
Joined: 11 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: Cornedo, Northern Italy

Re: Anyone has 1930Census? Please check this out for me...

Post by bull1982 »

mfjp wrote:
bull1982 wrote: Please answer this...

But is Marchelluzzo a surname from Trissino? Not one shows up when I do an Ellis Island search... Can you find out more information from your Grandmother?

mfjp
Italian withe pages shows me that Marcheluzzo is the right spell:lot's of matchings!
I only had one match between Marchelluzzo and Trissino.
And the others matches I can get between Elisabetta and Trissino comes from my grandma's memories...that are not so many...
Anyway I'll keep on "quering" her...ah ah

I found a Family History Center right here in Padua...think that I'm going there soon...and hope it's real Family History Center

Bye
User avatar
mfjp
Master
Master
Posts: 2211
Joined: 13 Aug 2004, 00:00
Contact:

Re: Anyone has 1930Census? Please check this out for me...

Post by mfjp »

bull1982 wrote:A couple of questions...

Where have found World War I Draft record? War Archives or something like that?...these records are so amazing!

I once searched "Masiero" on Genealogy.com or Renunion (can't remember...). Lot's of matchings popped out between "Masiero" and "historical newspaper". How can I take a look on these matchings?
Link posted below "# of matchings" brought me to a credit card payment page...and I don't have a credit card yet.
Do you know someone who have also access to this data for me?
Thanks
With the help of a good friend.... here is some info... more needs to be searched.

The name found in the Historical paper.... Berkshire Eagle Newspaper is for "Mrs. Joseph Masiero", Pittsfield, Massachusetts. She helps out at the Legion meetings and helps serve refreshments. The article is small, dated Jan 4, 1956

Another tiny article... just says that Dick (Richard) Masiero scored 17 points in basketball... Jan 28, 1956.. many small articles about Richard in the Berkshire Eagle Newspaper... but what they show are the basketball scores..

Sports must run in the family eh?

Another article is for William (Guilielmo) Masiero, of West Stockbridge, chairman of the finance commitee.. not much info...

The Lowell Sun Newspaper, Mass. Aug. 2,1945
There is WW2 article of a Sgt. Thomas Masiero, married to Margaret, mentions a ribbon, badge, stars, and services done.

mfjp
User avatar
mfjp
Master
Master
Posts: 2211
Joined: 13 Aug 2004, 00:00
Contact:

Re: Anyone has 1930Census? Please check this out for me...

Post by mfjp »

Just found something...

There's info of a Joseph (Giuseppe) Masiero married to Felicita Peruffo... they had a daughter in 1929 named Eleanora Bianca Masiero.

I don't think this is your Joseph though.. as the census year of birth is off by 10 years.

So I did an Ellis Island search, and found that Peruffo is a name from Tressino too... :P

So I started to check out the Peruffo surname... one of - Antonio Peruffo, who's wife in Tressino is Rosa Masiero. Would you know who she is?

http://ellisisland.org/search/shipManif ... 2368010039

mfjp
User avatar
bull1982
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 77
Joined: 11 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: Cornedo, Northern Italy

Re: Anyone has 1930Census? Please check this out for me...

Post by bull1982 »

All articles you mentioned above are so interesting!

Last one strongly brought my attention cause it speaks about war. Wait,wait, I'm not a war fan...
My grandma has a picture (1950-51) showing her family and a tall man. She told me to be no less then a son of Andrea Masiero visiting Andrea's realtives in Trissino.

New argues now comes along

1- The picture is colored:during 50ies Italian farmer (just proudly like my grandparents) were
very lucky if they had a bulp. Candlesticks for the rest of the rooms.
Even my dad(1953),was born in a shed.
Think that the camera was owned by Andrea's son (my grandma direct cousin) or someone who came visiting with him (Andrea himself?).
Were colored cameras common among people in the US during 50ies?

2- My grandma can't remember his name (maybe because it was an american name). She instead argues that he bravely served in the Marine Corps. Served even in WW2? Been Sgt.?who knows...
Checking out if "Thomas Masiero" was a son of Andrea could help...

3- Rosa Masiero:let's start saying that this is exactly the name of my grandma's mother. Sister of the famous three "bro".
She got married with Stolz Antonio (soon or later I'm going to inquire into Stolz history...) but she had been married yet years before.
When her husband died(don't know when,don't know how) she start a new life with Stolz Antonio. I don't know if Peruffo was her first husband's name.
Don't think so...If the "Giuseppe Peruffo" you found brought his family to US (Census?) that clearly evidences a homonymy.
On the other hand I don't know if he travelled abroad. My grandma knows very little on him.

4- Joseph (Giuseppe) Masiero married to Felicita Peruffo: Our Giuseppe Masiero married in Italy. He lies in Trissino and died very young..
On the other hand if the "Joseph Masiero" you found is the same person that we'd seen being drafted for WWI, then, we got him.

5- Take a look: marriage "Masiero-Peruffo" repeats twice. Not so extraordinary here at those time. My grandpa and his two brothers had three sisters for brides...ain't it cool?
If THOSE Masieros are relatives that would not surprise me much.

Realtion between Masiero and Peruffo needs further inquires...grandma could help!

Wrote too much?...ah ah...
Thank U, back soon
User avatar
bull1982
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 77
Joined: 11 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: Cornedo, Northern Italy

Re: Anyone has 1930Census? Please check this out for me...

Post by bull1982 »

Hi Maria!Found nothing about Andrea Masiero?
My problem is still giving a reason for his presence in Dover Plains...

Andrea is definetively the most controversial in the whole story...may you help me?

Thanks,Francesco
User avatar
mfjp
Master
Master
Posts: 2211
Joined: 13 Aug 2004, 00:00
Contact:

Re: Anyone has 1930Census? Please check this out for me...

Post by mfjp »

Admire your humor! Will see what I can dig up tonight!

Will also prepare a review of what we already have...

maria
User avatar
mfjp
Master
Master
Posts: 2211
Joined: 13 Aug 2004, 00:00
Contact:

Re: Anyone has 1930Census? Please check this out for me...

Post by mfjp »

bull1982 wrote:All articles you mentioned above are so interesting!

Last one strongly brought my attention cause it speaks about war. Wait,wait, I'm not a war fan...
My grandma has a picture (1950-51) showing her family and a tall man. She told me to be no less then a son of Andrea Masiero visiting Andrea's realtives in Trissino.

New argues now comes along

1- The picture is colored:during 50ies Italian farmer (just proudly like my grandparents) were
very lucky if they had a bulp. Candlesticks for the rest of the rooms.
Even my dad(1953),was born in a shed.
Think that the camera was owned by Andrea's son (my grandma direct cousin) or someone who came visiting with him (Andrea himself?).
Were colored cameras common among people in the US during 50ies?
Personal opinion... no... colour cameras were not common for domestic use in the 1950's.... not where I came from.

Most of the "Domestic" camera photographs from the 1950's I have are in Black & White...

I have colour photo's from the early 1960's though...

I think coloured photos where taken from a professional studio or a professional photographer... I have a few "Brown and Beige" photos... before 1960 though

I don't know for sure
2- My grandma can't remember his name (maybe because it was an american name). She instead argues that he bravely served in the Marine Corps. Served even in WW2? Been Sgt.?who knows...
Checking out if "Thomas Masiero" was a son of Andrea could help...
Andrea is a tough one to research...
Managia!! Sono scordatto Guido... :oops: Wanted to ask further about Guido... You still think one of Andrea's son was a Guido? There's the Guido born in 1924, but he is Domenico Masiero's son (census on page 2....) and you said not related....

This is what I found so far on a Thomas Masiero... but can't be his son... Your Andrea was born in 1897?

need more time to look...

Name: Thomas Masiero
SSN: 024-28-6151
Last Residence: 01464 Shirley, Middlesex, Massachusetts, United States of America
Born: 15 Dec 1905
Died: Jul 1980
State (Year) SSN issued: Massachusetts (1953-1955 )
------------------------------------------

3- Rosa Masiero:let's start saying that this is exactly the name of my grandma's mother. Sister of the famous three "bro".
She got married with Stolz Antonio (soon or later I'm going to inquire into Stolz history...) but she had been married yet years before.
When her husband died(don't know when,don't know how) she start a new life with Stolz Antonio. I don't know if Peruffo was her first husband's name.
Don't think so...
Yes, do enquire about the Stolz history sooner or later
If the "Giuseppe Peruffo" you found brought his family to US (Census?) that clearly evidences a homonymy. :twisted:
On the other hand I don't know if he travelled abroad. My grandma knows very little on him.
We can also research this too...
4- Joseph (Giuseppe) Masiero married to Felicita Peruffo: Our Giuseppe Masiero married in Italy. He lies in Trissino and died very young..
On the other hand if the "Joseph Masiero" you found is the same person that we'd seen being drafted for WWI, then, we got him.

5- Take a look: marriage "Masiero-Peruffo" repeats twice. Not so extraordinary here at those time. My grandpa and his two brothers had three sisters for brides...ain't it cool?
If THOSE Masieros are relatives that would not surprise me much.
Yes 3 bros and 3 sisters... can also be a research nightmare... when all the cousins have the exact names....
Realtion between Masiero and Peruffo needs further inquires...grandma could help!

Wrote too much?...ah ah...
Thank U, back soon
ahhh that's ok... I still say you write like an American! You write very well...

I have a small collection of information that I found for you last night... but I need to convert the viewable files... (census records, directories and a very interesting newspaper article about a fireman doing some damage to a Deputy Sheriff John Masiero 1949. 8O

I will link this files later.. just ran out of time!
Maria
User avatar
mfjp
Master
Master
Posts: 2211
Joined: 13 Aug 2004, 00:00
Contact:

Re: Anyone has 1930Census? Please check this out for me...

Post by mfjp »

bull1982 wrote:Hi Maria!Found nothing about Andrea Masiero?
My problem is still giving a reason for his presence in Dover Plains...

Andrea is definetively the most controversial in the whole story...may you help me?

Thanks,Francesco
Just data... so far

So far... best info here is what Riccardo (ricbru) found for you earlier on...

Social Security Death Index Record info
about Andrew Masiero
Name: Andrew Masiero
SSN: 094-03-2879
Last Residence: New Jersey
Born: 7 Feb 1897
Died: Sep 1965
State (Year) SSN issued: New York (Before 1951 )
-------------------------------

U.S. World War II Army Enlistment Records, 1938-1946 Record info
about Andrew A Masiero
Name: Andrew A Masiero

(probably Luigi's son... will post Luigi's 1930 census record later tonight)

Birth Year: 1925
Race: White, citizen
Nativity State or Country: New York
State: New York
County or City: Orange

Enlistment Date: 16 Mar 1944 (single)
Enlistment State: New Jersey
Enlistment City: Fort Dix
Branch: Air Corps
Branch Code: Air Corps
-----------------------------------

Do you know anything about Francesco and Luigi? They were brothers....
maria
User avatar
bull1982
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 77
Joined: 11 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: Cornedo, Northern Italy

Re: Anyone has 1930Census? Please check this out for me...

Post by bull1982 »

Thank you

I'm sorry, I don't know anything about them.
Think that they're not relative to me.

Ricbru showed me Andrea's death records...what does it mean "State (Year) SSN issued: New York (Before 1951 )"?

Means that before 1951 he was living in "anywhere,NY"? And then moved to "anywhere,NJ"?

See you
User avatar
mfjp
Master
Master
Posts: 2211
Joined: 13 Aug 2004, 00:00
Contact:

Re: Anyone has 1930Census? Please check this out for me...

Post by mfjp »

bull1982 wrote:Thank you

I'm sorry, I don't know anything about them.
Think that they're not relative to me.

Ricbru showed me Andrea's death records...what does it mean "State (Year) SSN issued: New York (Before 1951 )"?

Means that before 1951 he was living in "anywhere,NY"? And then moved to "anywhere,NJ"?

See you
That's is how I understand it.... The SSN - Social Security Number was issued in New York before 1951... then he moved to NJ at some time and died there... but I will get another opinion on this... I've asked someone to reply here...

You would have to invest $$ into ordering a SSDI document (the application record) as this could answer many questions about Andrea... I looked for him... but nothing yet...

Sent you a private message - about the Fireman story....

Pietro Census 1920... cannot say for sure whether this is him.. This is the closest name I could find... If we knew more about the wives of these gentleman you seek, birthdates.. children... it would be easier to find....

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/1456 ... 9209nr.gif

I have census records for both Luigi and Francesco... but if they are not related... is it worth posting??

Francesco may have helped a few Masiero people come over at one point when people were immigrating from Tressino...

Also Luigi Masiero named one of his sons Andrew...

So... please trust me when I say I checked things out... I went through many newspaper articles looking for your Masiero's... This Ancestry.com feature can be very time consuming.

Again, if you can provide better information about the wives and children, I - we... could do a better search...

But they all 3 came here as single gentlemen... 2 of them remained here...

maria :P
User avatar
mfjp
Master
Master
Posts: 2211
Joined: 13 Aug 2004, 00:00
Contact:

Re: Anyone has 1930Census? Please check this out for me...

Post by mfjp »

2 very talented people helped me out today!! Bookmark this page!

VaDeb... Debbie...

I emailed her... and POOOF... an answer!!

Here is what she wrote
Hi Maria,

I had read through this post this morning.

Name: Andrew Masiero
SSN: 094-03-2879
Last Residence: New Jersey
Born: 7 Feb 1897
Died: Sep 1965
State (Year) SSN issued: New York (Before 1951 )


Information is as it seems. Last residence is the last place SS was sending benefit payments to. Usually this is the same as the residence. The earlier SS records are less detailed that the current one. Most from recent years will give the zip code along with the state so you get an idea of where in the state they lived. It just seems to depend on the records and how they were kept. Remember, this is a government program.

A SS number can be issued in a state that you did not live in. If this person lived in NJ and worked in NY the result would be as above. Usually when it reads (Before 1951) it means the initial application came during the mass enrollement into the SS program when it began. When this mass enrollement began, it was through employers. Thus most early SS numbers will show the state the employer was in and that may or may not be the state the applicant lived in.

Today, we get SS numbers when we are born. We need that number to claim the child and get credit for a deduciton on our federal income tax returns.

The poster can request a copy of the original application and hope it contains the name of the applicants parents. Could help determine the relationship - if they want to spend the $27.

Here is my husband's grandfather:
Name: SXXXX FXXXXX
SSN: 154-12-3456
Last Residence: New Jersey, United States of America
Born: 1883
Died: Aug 1966
State (Year) SSN issued: New Jersey (Before 1951)

His application was completed 1-6-1951

Hope this helps.
It certainly does!! I read the info that Ancestry.com provided... and still didn't get it... I also went to another site that had 300 links... and thought.. ok... I'll just ask Debbie!

I Thank You!!
Maria
User avatar
mfjp
Master
Master
Posts: 2211
Joined: 13 Aug 2004, 00:00
Contact:

Re: Anyone has 1930Census? Please check this out for me...

Post by mfjp »

Hi Francesco... finally... internet connection... my connection is just awful today...

Shortly after I posted the last letter... I typed out this letter.. my internet went down for almost 2 hours!

Look at what someone sent me - within minutes of me posting today...
whether it is Andrea or not... thank you - big time!!!

Was excited when I saw this record!!

1930 United States Federal Census Record info
about Andrew Marivro

Name: Andrew Marivro
Age: 33
Estimated birth year: abt 1897
Birthplace: Italy
Relation to head-of-house: Boarder
Race: White
Home in 1930: Dover Plains, Dutchess, New York

Take a good look.... and will certainly credit the person if he is the one you are looking for!!!

http://img336.imageshack.us/img336/3651 ... rea4fn.jpg

I have a larger file that I downloaded... so I can email it to you for good record keeping...

What a great forum we have... great talent... !! Great friends here!! :P You all made my day... have 3 loud boys at home today who all remind me of Baby Huey during this "PA DAY" in Toronto... maria :P

Our friend also incuded these words in a letter.....
BTW, he was working at the 'State School' now known as the Taconic Developmental Center (also known as the Wassaic Developmental Center)

In it's day it was quite a complex - it even had it's own train stop.

I wish we had found him married, but at least we know why he was in NY.

Thank you again, I appreciate it,
User avatar
mfjp
Master
Master
Posts: 2211
Joined: 13 Aug 2004, 00:00
Contact:

Re: Anyone has 1930Census? Please check this out for me...

Post by mfjp »

3- Rosa Masiero:let's start saying that this is exactly the name of my grandma's mother. Sister of the famous three "bro".
She got married with Stolz Antonio (soon or later I'm going to inquire into Stolz history...) but she had been married yet years before.
When her husband died(don't know when,don't know how) she start a new life with Stolz Antonio. I don't know if Peruffo was her first husband's name.
Don't think so...If the "Giuseppe Peruffo" you found brought his family to US (Census?) that clearly evidences a homonymy.
On the other hand I don't know if he travelled abroad. My grandma knows very little on him.
Yes... a 1930 Census record exists... This Joseph was married about 1929 to Ida. No children... birth year is 1901, just as the ships record.... there is also a SSDI for a Joseph Peruffo... Born: 6 Feb 1901 Died: 14 Oct 1994

Polygamy maybe... you would have to find out when Rose died... and you would have to find out whether it was a Peruffo she was married to.

maria
User avatar
bull1982
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 77
Joined: 11 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: Cornedo, Northern Italy

Re: Anyone has 1930Census? Please check this out for me...

Post by bull1982 »

A new post is up next from me. But not before paying a tribute:

You spent your time,your energy,your money for a guy that you'll probably never look eye to eye.

This guy has received (and will receive) much more than he thought since he posted for the first time. Really much more.
And he had the whole of it for free.

Dear Maria and all forum masters, YOU ARE REAL FRIENDS TO ME!
A neverending "Thank You"!
Francesco
User avatar
bull1982
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 77
Joined: 11 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: Cornedo, Northern Italy

Re: Anyone has 1930Census? Please check this out for me...

Post by bull1982 »

And now let's talk about Andrea's Census. We'd definetively won a Superbowl this time!
Watching his record last night has been amazing. And seems to me for you too. Reaching him in Dover Plains has been difficult? Well,Maria knows best!!!
Now it's time to make it clear.
Without you Masieros abroad would have remained a legend forever.
With you legend has become reality.

But what did we learn about Masieros so far? We did learn that when something new pops up,a new way opens before us.
Today's way is this: I start thinking that Andrea remained single all life long.This is why.

Census recorded him "33,single"...on my opinion is hard to believe that he got married and had sons. My grandma could be wrong when she says "tall man on colored picture was Andrea's son".
According to Peter 1920 Census Record,to the Berkshire Eagle Article and to the military career my grandma talks about, I start thinking he was Sheriff John Masiero.

What do you think about that?

Wrote to you soon...have something to tell you about Guido Masiero

Be well
PS:what's PA DAY?all fathers day?
Post Reply