Anyone has 1930Census? Please check this out for me...
Re: Anyone has 1930Census? Please check this out for me...
Here is what I found about Guido Masiero. First time I heard about him has been on Guido's Freshmarket place.com.
Two of his sons(Matt and Chris) own a food store and their father Guido was behind freshmarket project. Guido's family moved to Berkshires County,MA from somewhere NJ.According to Ellis Island.org and Census Record for Dominick Masiero (Guido's father) they're not realtive to me. Sad to say that most of what I knew about Guido has recently come to me from his obituary.
Berkshire Eagle mentioned his passing on 6th January 2006.
http://www.legacy.com/berkshire/Obituar ... rchResults
Bye
Two of his sons(Matt and Chris) own a food store and their father Guido was behind freshmarket project. Guido's family moved to Berkshires County,MA from somewhere NJ.According to Ellis Island.org and Census Record for Dominick Masiero (Guido's father) they're not realtive to me. Sad to say that most of what I knew about Guido has recently come to me from his obituary.
Berkshire Eagle mentioned his passing on 6th January 2006.
http://www.legacy.com/berkshire/Obituar ... rchResults
Bye
Re: Anyone has 1930Census? Please check this out for me...
It's OK, I have that problem with most people... I am very short.bull1982 wrote:A new post is up next from me. But not before paying a tribute:
You spent your time,your energy,your money for a guy that you'll probably never look eye to eye.
We all win! We learn so much from everyone here. It is nice to see that you are working with your Nonna on your ancestral family. I am sure she is proud of you.This guy has received (and will receive) much more than he thought since he posted for the first time. Really much more.
And he had the whole of it for free.
I have real friends at this forum. I ask for help... and there it is... I laughed at some of your posts and private messages... some I didn't understand the first time... but when I read it again, I understood better and laughed out loud.Dear Maria and all forum masters, YOU ARE REAL FRIENDS TO ME!
A neverending "Thank You"!
Francesco
I like everyone who helped you here... but there is one new member that I am very impressed with. Her name is Valarie. She is the one who found Andrea! Her forum tag is "vj". She sent me a private message telling me that she had located a census record of Andrea... I was really happy for you... She's already located some very hard to find records of other people in such a short time!!
"PA" Day is a (one day) holiday from school for the children... It means "Professional Activity" Day. The teachers still work on PA Days though.
Now to read your other post!
Your friend in Canada...
Maria
p.s.
Hey you... I am still laughing over this one...
http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/185/bugssoccer3rr.jpg
That's a Naples Soccer Team uniform!...nice mural! good job! ....superb player,absolute zero as a man).
Re: Anyone has 1930Census? Please check this out for me...
Re: Guido
I am glad that you found this information. It is nice to see that you have researched further on this branch of the Masiero's ! What an impressive first generation American -Italian!!
---------------------------------------
Another kind researcher and friend is "Nuccia" (Erminia) as she kindly helped me with the newspaper clippings...
She is also a new member of this forum, but has also helped people with their ancestors.
See? I do have nice friends here!! I don't know of any other forum that has such great team spirit....
maria
... and moreLENOX -- Guido R. "Guy" Masiero, 81, died Friday at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston.
Born in Pittsfield on Jan. 30, 1924, son of Dominico and Antonia Guarda Masiero, he grew up in Newark, N.J., where he graduated from high school. He received a bachelor's degree in physical education in 1952 from Springfield College and a master's degree in education from Boston University.
A Marine Corps veteran of World War II, he served in the South Pacific from 1942 to 1945 and saw action on Iwo Jima.
I am glad that you found this information. It is nice to see that you have researched further on this branch of the Masiero's ! What an impressive first generation American -Italian!!
---------------------------------------
Another kind researcher and friend is "Nuccia" (Erminia) as she kindly helped me with the newspaper clippings...
See? I do have nice friends here!! I don't know of any other forum that has such great team spirit....
maria
Re: Anyone has 1930Census? Please check this out for me...
Then my tribute goes out to VJ and Nuccia too.
Last post I supposed a father-to-son realtion between Sheriff John Masiero (newspaper) to Peter Masiero(1920 Census). As it often happened I supposed wrong. Take a look
http://iberkshires.com/community/obitua ... ob_id=4310
He was son of Rinaldo Masiero yet found on Ellis Island
It's time to say it Maria's way: mannaggia!
See you!
Last post I supposed a father-to-son realtion between Sheriff John Masiero (newspaper) to Peter Masiero(1920 Census). As it often happened I supposed wrong. Take a look
http://iberkshires.com/community/obitua ... ob_id=4310
He was son of Rinaldo Masiero yet found on Ellis Island
It's time to say it Maria's way: mannaggia!
See you!
Re: Anyone has 1930Census? Please check this out for me...
Maria,
Thanks for the nice words. You have been very good to me over the last few months and I can't come close to repaying your help to me. Emough said about that!
As for Valerie, or VJ...she's a sweetheart and how she finds these things I'll never know!
You're right Maria, what a great bunch of people here. Glad you found some answers to your questions, Guido.
Have a great day everyone! I, unfortunately have to cook so I can't play right now. I'm doing a household favourite tonight....breakfast! (Does that sound familiar Maria?)
Nuccia
Thanks for the nice words. You have been very good to me over the last few months and I can't come close to repaying your help to me. Emough said about that!
As for Valerie, or VJ...she's a sweetheart and how she finds these things I'll never know!
You're right Maria, what a great bunch of people here. Glad you found some answers to your questions, Guido.
Have a great day everyone! I, unfortunately have to cook so I can't play right now. I'm doing a household favourite tonight....breakfast! (Does that sound familiar Maria?)
Nuccia
Re: Anyone has 1930Census? Please check this out for me...
The home made pasta-fagioli I made today was considered punishment (in the eyes of my boys....)
I think it tastes great... luckily my m-i-L trained my husband well ("sit-eat-and shut-up") and see's nothing wrong with my food....
Hey Guido,
, you have been a real sweetheart!! Oh yes... if you ever find out about Rose Masiero and Peruffo - let me know.
I've seen the name Rinaldo come up a few times. Thank you for linking the last obit.
Look forward to hearing from you in the future!
Maria
I think it tastes great... luckily my m-i-L trained my husband well ("sit-eat-and shut-up") and see's nothing wrong with my food....
Hey Guido,
I've seen the name Rinaldo come up a few times. Thank you for linking the last obit.
I didn't think you caught that word in one of my previous posts... ma... che tepozzena...It's time to say it Maria's way: mannaggia!
Look forward to hearing from you in the future!
Maria
Re: Anyone has 1930Census? Please check this out for me...
Maria,
You speak Italian, too! My you are a talented one!
Next time you have pasta and figoli I'm in. Not allowed to make it here either! Mom usually sends some when she cooks it but it's not often enough!
Hugs
Nuccia
You speak Italian, too! My you are a talented one!
Next time you have pasta and figoli I'm in. Not allowed to make it here either! Mom usually sends some when she cooks it but it's not often enough!
Hugs
Nuccia
Re: Anyone has 1930Census? Please check this out for me...
Here I am,exams took me busy
Watching Andrea's record has been awsome.
Then I read his letters over and over again.
You know what? Feel a little sad about Andrew...
His letters are full of sadness too...he greatly loved his mother Elisabetta. He felt guilty of not being there when she passed through. As far as I can read he had been shifted several times for Citizenship. He didn't trust anymore on a "there and back" trip to Italy without the Citizenship in his hands. More:faced death again when Giuseppe died in (32-33). He was sure Giuseppe would have come back to America after ill but things went differently.
Really hope he someway got married and had sons just like Peter.
Do you think he did?
Another question after his record:what do you think about his State School Employment?
Cleaning up?School bus driver?
If colud help for a further research on Masieros I found out this:
Elisabetta Marcheluzzo married to Giovanni Masiero.
Then we also have the father of our three guys.
When they got married Italy still had a king.Pretty nice.
See you!
Watching Andrea's record has been awsome.
Then I read his letters over and over again.
You know what? Feel a little sad about Andrew...
His letters are full of sadness too...he greatly loved his mother Elisabetta. He felt guilty of not being there when she passed through. As far as I can read he had been shifted several times for Citizenship. He didn't trust anymore on a "there and back" trip to Italy without the Citizenship in his hands. More:faced death again when Giuseppe died in (32-33). He was sure Giuseppe would have come back to America after ill but things went differently.
Really hope he someway got married and had sons just like Peter.
Do you think he did?
Another question after his record:what do you think about his State School Employment?
Cleaning up?School bus driver?
If colud help for a further research on Masieros I found out this:
Elisabetta Marcheluzzo married to Giovanni Masiero.
Then we also have the father of our three guys.
When they got married Italy still had a king.Pretty nice.
See you!
Re: Anyone has 1930Census? Please check this out for me...
Hi Maria (and the whole staff members)! Remeber me? I'm Francesco
I've been off-line for a while but here am I, asking you something new...
May you provide me Peter Masiero's date and place of death?
These bios (you provide me months ago) may help too
----------------------------------------------------------
1920 United States Federal Census Record info
about Peter Mastero
Name: Peter Mastero
Age: 36 years
Estimated birth year: abt 1884 (birth year is very close)
Birthplace: Italy
Race: White
Home in 1920: Lee, Berkshire, Massachusetts
Home owned: Rent
Sex: Male
Marital status: Married
Relation to Head of House: Head
Year of immigration: 1906
Able to read: Yes
Able to Write: Yes
Mother's Birth Place: Italy
Father's Birth Place: Italy
----------------------------------------------------------
PS: Census spelling was wrongly Mastero. Right surname is Masiero
Thank you
I've been off-line for a while but here am I, asking you something new...
May you provide me Peter Masiero's date and place of death?
These bios (you provide me months ago) may help too
----------------------------------------------------------
1920 United States Federal Census Record info
about Peter Mastero
Name: Peter Mastero
Age: 36 years
Estimated birth year: abt 1884 (birth year is very close)
Birthplace: Italy
Race: White
Home in 1920: Lee, Berkshire, Massachusetts
Home owned: Rent
Sex: Male
Marital status: Married
Relation to Head of House: Head
Year of immigration: 1906
Able to read: Yes
Able to Write: Yes
Mother's Birth Place: Italy
Father's Birth Place: Italy
----------------------------------------------------------
PS: Census spelling was wrongly Mastero. Right surname is Masiero
Thank you
Re: Anyone has 1930Census? Please check this out for me...
Hi bull1982,
Welcome back!
I'm linking Pietros World War 1 draft registration cards which will give you his birthdate...
http://img466.imageshack.us/img466/6120/imagex4nw.gif
Hope this helps!
Nuccia
Welcome back!
I'm linking Pietros World War 1 draft registration cards which will give you his birthdate...
http://img466.imageshack.us/img466/6120/imagex4nw.gif
Hope this helps!
Nuccia
Re: Anyone has 1930Census? Please check this out for me...
Nuccia,
He's looking for death date!
Bull1982,
Can't find on SS Death Index nor on the 1930 census. Do you know where he died?
He's looking for death date!
Bull1982,
Can't find on SS Death Index nor on the 1930 census. Do you know where he died?
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
Re: Anyone has 1930Census? Please check this out for me...
Sorry,
I misread it!
Wasn't wearing my glasses!
Nuccia
I misread it!
Nuccia
Re: Anyone has 1930Census? Please check this out for me...
Hi there,
I'm not finding Peter but here is a list of Masiero
Name - Death Place - Death Date - Birthplace - Birth Date
Albert Masiero - Lenox - 2 Jun 1981 Other 2 Nov 1901
Angelo A Masiero Lee 5 Jul 1975 Massachusetts
Carlo C Masiero Great Barrington 24 Sep 1995 Massachusetts 30 Jan 1914
Claudine D Masiero Pittsfield 12 Dec 1990 New York 5 May 1908
Francis G Masiero Pittsfield 6 Dec 1979 Massachusetts
Joseph T Masiero Springfield 30 Jun 1972 Massachusetts
Josephin A Masiero Pittsfield 3 Feb 1986 Massachusetts 4 Jan 1920
Kathryn T Masiero Springfield 1 Feb 1980 Massachusetts 10 Jan 1908
Margueri G Masiero Harvard 24 Oct 1990 Vermont 28 Jun 1912
Mary M Masiero Great Barrington 8 Sep 1985 Massachusetts 26 Nov 1915
Olga Masiero Springfield 17 Apr 1984 Other 6 Mar 1902
Thomas N Masiero Harvard 20 Jul 1980 Other 15 Dec 1905
William F Masiero Pittsfield 4 Aug 1993 Massachusetts 13 Jul 1915
If one of the people mentioned above is Peter's child, then you can send for the child's death certificate and maybe call the cemetery that's listed on the death certificate to see if Peter is buried in the same cememtery.
Sorry that I'm not much help.
Trish
I'm not finding Peter but here is a list of Masiero
Name - Death Place - Death Date - Birthplace - Birth Date
Albert Masiero - Lenox - 2 Jun 1981 Other 2 Nov 1901
Angelo A Masiero Lee 5 Jul 1975 Massachusetts
Carlo C Masiero Great Barrington 24 Sep 1995 Massachusetts 30 Jan 1914
Claudine D Masiero Pittsfield 12 Dec 1990 New York 5 May 1908
Francis G Masiero Pittsfield 6 Dec 1979 Massachusetts
Joseph T Masiero Springfield 30 Jun 1972 Massachusetts
Josephin A Masiero Pittsfield 3 Feb 1986 Massachusetts 4 Jan 1920
Kathryn T Masiero Springfield 1 Feb 1980 Massachusetts 10 Jan 1908
Margueri G Masiero Harvard 24 Oct 1990 Vermont 28 Jun 1912
Mary M Masiero Great Barrington 8 Sep 1985 Massachusetts 26 Nov 1915
Olga Masiero Springfield 17 Apr 1984 Other 6 Mar 1902
Thomas N Masiero Harvard 20 Jul 1980 Other 15 Dec 1905
William F Masiero Pittsfield 4 Aug 1993 Massachusetts 13 Jul 1915
If one of the people mentioned above is Peter's child, then you can send for the child's death certificate and maybe call the cemetery that's listed on the death certificate to see if Peter is buried in the same cememtery.
Sorry that I'm not much help.
Trish
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
Re: Anyone has 1930Census? Please check this out for me...
Thank you!
According to 1920 Census, Angelo and Joseph could be two of his four sons...
But Masieros across the Berkshires named their sons often the same way...also because here in Italy these names a widley used...
Thank you again
According to 1920 Census, Angelo and Joseph could be two of his four sons...
But Masieros across the Berkshires named their sons often the same way...also because here in Italy these names a widley used...
Thank you again
Re: Anyone has 1930Census? Please check this out for me...
No, I don't.jcsm400 wrote: Can't find on SS Death Index nor on the 1930 census. Do you know where he died?
Most probably somewhere across the Berkshires County...but it's nothing more than a personal thought.
Also...I can't even find anything about his four sons: Angelo, Arthur, John Joseph.




