DeMaria from Molochio

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Allegati: Amato Noto and Teresa De MARIA

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

The following link was for the Allegati, which contains extracts of the individual Birth Acts for the bride and groom, which I have already translated. It also contains an extract of the “Notificazione” which is basically a marriage bann. All the information there will be covered in the marriage record that Marty translated for you.
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

The last page is a copy of the church record of their marriage which is nice to have. It basically gives the same information as the marriage record that has already been translated. They were married in the Church of Santa Maria de Merola in Molochio on 18 November 1862, as has already been said: http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0


Re the Birth Records for the eight remaining children of Teresa and Amato, this is where you will find them:
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... chio/Nati/

Provided the information on the Situazione Di Famiglia... is correct, they should be a straightforward find. Have a go at locating them, and if you would like to have them translated, then post the link under “Italian Language, handwriting, script & Translations” and we will be happy to help. If you have any difficulty locating any, just let us know and we would gladly help.

Angela :)
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Birth Record: Gaetano Noto

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Here's their first child, which you won't find in the link that I gave you:

Birth Record No 36: Gaetano Noto
Molochio: 9 April 1864, 8 pm
Amato Noto, son of Carmine, 26yo, bracciale, living Molochio, presented a baby boy, born to Teresa Demaria, 21yo, living in Molochio, and to the declarant (Amato), 26yo, bracciale, living Molochio, on 8 April 1864 at 4 am at their home. The baby was given the name Gaetano Noto.
Gaetano was baptised on 9 April, Santa Maria di Merola.
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 0.jpg.html

Angela :D
User avatar
Notofamily
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 32
Joined: 19 Sep 2010, 04:56

Re: DeMaria from Molochio

Post by Notofamily »

Thank you so much! This is great!

Marie
User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
Posts: 9334
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: DeMaria from Molochio

Post by adelfio »

Marriage record of Carmelo Noto and Maria Pinnizzotto (parents of Amato Noto)
Index#7
1830 Aug 28th in the town of Molochio (church of Santa Maria de Merola) appeared Carmelo Noto age 28 cabinetmaker born and resides in Molochio son of Marzio Noto cabinetmaker and his wife Rosa Noto married Maria Pinnizzotto age 24 born and resides in Molochio daughter of deceased Giuseppe Pinnizzotto and Giociata?? Macri

PG LINK TO RECORD
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 9.jpg.html

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
User avatar
mmogno
Master
Master
Posts: 4676
Joined: 14 Mar 2016, 22:29

Re: DeMaria from Molochio

Post by mmogno »

adelfio wrote:... Giociata?? Macri....
Giacinta Macri

PG LINK TO RECORD
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 5.jpg.html

Image
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦
🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
User avatar
Notofamily
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 32
Joined: 19 Sep 2010, 04:56

Re: DeMaria from Molochio

Post by Notofamily »

I think Amato's father was Carmine. I'm confused by this record.
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: DeMaria from Molochio

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

I believe the Marriage Record that Marty has found for you is the correct one for Amato's parents. I can understand that you would be confused by the name Carmelo. Either there is an error on the Marriage Record and the Clerk wrote down Carmelo instead of Carmine, or Carmine had two given names, Carmine and Carmelo and only Carmelo got written down? Unfortunately, there is no allegati with this marriage record on line so we can't refer to Carmine's birth record. Carmine was born circa 1800 and those records arn't available either.

I thought I'd go through and find some other children born to Carmine Noto and Maria Pannizzoto to check to see whether there is any variation in Carmine's name but there isn't. You'll notice that his age jumps around a bit. That is normal. Sometimes people didn't know their ages. Interesting that he was a Cabinetmaker in 1830 when he married, and then from 1831 a Laborer.

Birth No 58: Domenico Giuseppe Saverio Noto, born 29 December 1831.
Parents: Carmine Noto, 30, Bracciale and Maria Pannizzoto.
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

Birth No 72: Saverio Domenico Giuseppe Noto, born 4 December 1832.
Parents Carmine Noto, 33, Bracciale, and Maria Pannizzoto
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

Birth No 25: Pasquale Saverio Noto (Twin) born 26 March 1837 .
Parents: Carmine Noto, 30, Bracciale, and Maria Pannizzotto
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

Birth No 26: Pasqualina Caterina Noto (Twin) born 26 March 1837
Parents: Carmine Noto, 30, Bracciale, and Maria Pannizzotto
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

Birth No 68: Domenico Bruno Noto, born 30 September 1841.
Parents: Carmine Noto, 30, Bracciale, and Maria Pannizzoto
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

There may be other children born to Carmine and Maria after 1841, I haven't checked.

Angela :)
User avatar
Notofamily
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 32
Joined: 19 Sep 2010, 04:56

Re: DeMaria from Molochio

Post by Notofamily »

Thank you again, Angela as always a great help. Anything I find online reverts to Ancestry.com and then I come up blank. This is great! What are your sources?

Marie
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: DeMaria from Molochio

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

I've sent a reply to your message.

This might help:

Molochio Civil Records: mainly 1810-12, some 1809-1816: http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... /Molochio/

Molochio Civil Records: 1817-1861
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... /Molochio/

Molochio Civil Records 1866-1910 (time frame varies with type of records e.g. deaths, births etc)
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... chio/Nati/

I've also noticed that there is allegati for the years 1810-1831 but they will take some sifting through and I've run out of time. They are set up a little differently: http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 1831/1507/

Hope this helps.

Angela :)
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: DeMaria from Molochio

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Notofamily wrote:Thank you again, Angela as always a great help. Anything I find online reverts to Ancestry.com and then I come up blank. This is great! What are your sources?

Marie
We were obviously posting at the same time. Happy to help. I seldom use Ancestry, only when I'm at the Library. I use Family Search and the Antenati Site for my records. All your records are online at the Antenati Site and that is where I, and also Marty, have located your records. I've just posted some links to the Antenati Site for you. For my own records I go very slowly page by page, sometimes I use the index if there is one but prefer to do it the slow way. When I'm helping others and if there is an index then I use that. With your records here the index can be found at the end of the respective year. They are great records. You are possibly coming up blank at Ancestry because your records have been misindexed, haven't been indexed, or may not even be on line there. Just ask if you are needing any more help. There are always lots of volunteers willing to help.
Angela :)
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Translations Needed Please

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

The allegati wasn't so hard to find afterall. It looks to me like Carmine was named Carmelo Domenico Carmine??? Could somebody please help with the translations, particularly the first record Image 636 which is a bit tricky. Thankyou.

Allegati Starts here Carmelo Noto e Maria Pannizzoto: http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 4.jpg.html

Angela :)
User avatar
Notofamily
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 32
Joined: 19 Sep 2010, 04:56

Re: DeMaria from Molochio

Post by Notofamily »

Thank you excellent sources!
User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
Posts: 9334
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: DeMaria from Molochio

Post by adelfio »

Great work Angela
Birth record of Carmelo Domenico Carmine Noto
1802 April 28th in the town of Molochio birth of Carmelo Noto son of Marzio Noto and his wife Rosa Noto

PG LINK
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
Posts: 9334
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: DeMaria from Molochio

Post by adelfio »

Birth of Maria Teresa Martina Pinnizzotto
1806 Dec 5th in the town of Molochio (church of Santa Maria de Merola) daughter of Giuseppe Pinnizzotto and Giacinta Macri (thanks to mmogno)

PG LINK
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Death Record: Giuseppe Pannizzotto

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

adelfio wrote:Great work Angela
Marty
Thank you, Marty. I appreciate it.

Thank you for making a start on the allegati translations. I was somewhat shattered earlier after finding the records.

Here's one more from the allegati:

Death Record No 32: Giuseppe Pannizzoto
11 December 1820, Molochio
Giuseppe Pannizzoto, widower of Giacinta Macri, son of unknown parents, 56 yo, faligatice?, living Molochio, died at his home.
From allegati: http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
Original Record: http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

Will check up on the spelling of the profession. I'm sure it probably means joiner, similar to falegname or not?

Angela :)
Post Reply