Hello,
I am hoping somebody can help me understand whether the pages containing the record I am searching for were omitted from the digitized death register, or if I am just not searching properly. According to the index, the death record for Caterina Bartolini should be no. 207 in the 1878 Sogliano death register. But when I look through the images, there is nothing past 198, followed only by a couple of entries in part II. I tried checking randomly just in case some pages were out of order, but that doesn't appear to be the case. Any advice? Is there another resource I could use? Thanks in advance for any input!
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
Index indicates record exists, not showing up in register
Re: Index indicates record exists, not showing up in register
if you look at the death records for 1878, there is a notation made by the town official in the margin of record #198 saying that he was closing the register for the year 1878 with this record dated Dec 4th and that a supplement to the register was supposed to follow. But this supplemental section, which would contain record #207, is missing from the online records.
Erudita
Erudita
Re: Index indicates record exists, not showing up in register
Thanks so much for the information. Unfortunate that the supplement is missing.
Re: Index indicates record exists, not showing up in register
Here's an email address
anagrafe@comune.sogliano.fc.it
You might try it to see if you could still get a copy of the record directly from the town.
Erudita
anagrafe@comune.sogliano.fc.it
You might try it to see if you could still get a copy of the record directly from the town.
Erudita
Re: Index indicates record exists, not showing up in register
Thank you again! I will try this route.

