Help Reading Ship Manifest

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Post Reply
32deuce
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 32
Joined: 07 Mar 2016, 06:03

Help Reading Ship Manifest

Post by 32deuce »

Hello and thank you for looking. I am not sure I am posting this in the right area. While this record is not in Italian, it is in Italian script. I am trying to determine what record number 26 - Rosa Di Spazio - says for joining relative. It starts with "husband Festoso Antonio" Then there is a marking, maybe NY or NJ? Then it has an address that I am struggling to understand.

Here is a link to the document on Ellis Island's website: http://www.libertyellisfoundation.org/p ... 5pZmVzdCI7

Here is a link to ancestory.com: http://interactive.ancestry.com/7488/NY ... PUBJs=true

I am also including a attachment of the manifest. Any help is greatly appreciated.

EDIT: After reading some maps and trying to determine what is says, I believe it says 54 Division St.
Attachments
Rosa Arrival 6 9 1905.jpg
User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
Posts: 9334
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: Help Reading Ship Manifest

Post by adelfio »

It says New Castle PA 54 Division St

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
32deuce
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 32
Joined: 07 Mar 2016, 06:03

Re: Help Reading Ship Manifest

Post by 32deuce »

Thanks adelfio! That is what I had settled on, but it is always good to have another set of eyes confirm what you think!
Post Reply