Looking for "Lauro" Family in Gaeta

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
User avatar
mistertellyman
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 35
Joined: 01 Apr 2010, 13:53

Re: Looking for "Lauro" Family in Gaeta

Post by mistertellyman »

So sorry..I copied that wrong. I did send it to the correct email address: statocivile@comun.gaeta.lt.it.

I have sent them another email. Hopefully I will get a response this time.
User avatar
mistertellyman
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 35
Joined: 01 Apr 2010, 13:53

Re: Looking for "Lauro" Family in Gaeta

Post by mistertellyman »

Copied wrong once again...here is the address I sent my email to:
statocivile@comune.gaeta.lt.it
User avatar
PippoM
Master
Master
Posts: 5840
Joined: 25 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Roma, Italia
Contact:

Re: Looking for "Lauro" Family in Gaeta

Post by PippoM »

That's it!
Now, keep fingers crossed waiting for an answer!!
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
User avatar
mistertellyman
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 35
Joined: 01 Apr 2010, 13:53

Re: Looking for "Lauro" Family in Gaeta

Post by mistertellyman »

Yes...here's hoping I hear something back. I wrote out an email in English, then had it translated into Italian before I sent it.
User avatar
mistertellyman
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 35
Joined: 01 Apr 2010, 13:53

Re: Looking for "Lauro" Family in Gaeta

Post by mistertellyman »

Pippo & Valerie,
I finally heard back from the Comune di Gaeta regarding my email! The response was in Italian and I had it translated to English. Here it is in its entirety, with my comments below the address:

Per avere qualunque tipo di certificato, bisogna spedire per posta la richiesta in carta semplice allegando i diritti di segreteria, che, per i certificati di stato civile (nascita, matrimonio e morte) è di 0,34 centesimi. Inoltre inviare anche una busta affranca per il ritorno e specificare nella richiesta il motivo della richiesta. Es. Uso riconoscimento cittadinanza italiana.
La richiesta deve essere spedita al seguente indirizzo:
Comune di Gaeta - Ufficio Anagrafe Servizio Certificazione -
Piazza XIX maggio 04024 - Gaeta -

So now I am wondering if $.34 is the actual cost for those certificates. It doesn't sound right, does it? I would assume the cost would be more and I know it needs to be an "official" document.

Would you happen to know the cost to mail back to the USA from Italy? I would like to send the comune a letter, certified mail, requesting a signature, and enclose enough euros for the certificates and the cost to send back to me in the USA.

Finally, does the address look correct to you?

Grazie,
Bob
User avatar
mistertellyman
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 35
Joined: 01 Apr 2010, 13:53

Re: Looking for "Lauro" Family in Gaeta

Post by mistertellyman »

Does anyone know what the cost would be for a birth, marriage or death certificate from a commune in Italy? Also, what would be the cost of mailing it back to the U.S.?

Thanks!
User avatar
sforza
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 219
Joined: 24 Nov 2007, 23:19

Re: Looking for "Lauro" Family in Gaeta

Post by sforza »

The price, I believe, is set by law, but not all comunes actually charge you. When I've been charged, it's been .34 cents. I would enclose a euro coin and that did the trick. You can get an international postal coupon from the post office to cover the cost of postage.
paulkaplan5
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: 24 Aug 2016, 17:38

Re: Looking for "Lauro" Family in Gaeta

Post by paulkaplan5 »

were you ever able to obtain the records from Gaeta? I'm just starting my search for birth certificates from 1888 to 1896 in Gaeta.

Thank you
User avatar
mistertellyman
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 35
Joined: 01 Apr 2010, 13:53

Re: Looking for "Lauro" Family in Gaeta

Post by mistertellyman »

Yes, the comune di Gaeta responded back to me and was able to provide my father's birth certificate. I am currently waiting to hear back fro the Italian Consulate in Miami regarding my application for citizenship. It has now been 15 months since I applied. :-(
User avatar
mistertellyman
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 35
Joined: 01 Apr 2010, 13:53

Re: Looking for "Lauro" Family in Gaeta

Post by mistertellyman »

Pippo and Valerie,
It has been a few years, but I finally got all of my papers together and set up an appointment with the Italian Consulate in Miami in May of 2015. The person at the Consulate who received my application was impressed that I had everything in order and said I should hear back with three months. After 5 months I asked the Consulate for an update and they responded by saying my application was still being processed. Alas, it has now been 15 months since I applied and I have not heard anything back from the Consulate. Still, I am patiently waiting. :-)
User avatar
mistertellyman
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 35
Joined: 01 Apr 2010, 13:53

Re: Looking for "Lauro" Family in Gaeta

Post by mistertellyman »

Latest update: It has now been over two years since I submitted my application for Italian citizenship at the Miami Consulate and I have still not heard back regarding my application.
Post Reply