Wandering if anyone had any information on these two famalies.
Giacone: Severino Giacone; arrived from Crovazia, Italy in 1901 at Ellis Island. I believe he was born in 1874.
Allois: Onorio Allois; arrived from S. Antonino, Italy in 1910 at Ellis Island. He was born in 1885. His wife was Euphrosina Allois (born in 1888) and his kid were Alda(o). I believe there was a relative with them named Guiseppe Allois.
Any Help you can give would be greatly appreciated.
Giacone or Allois Family
Re: Giacone or Allois Family
Could you be more specific as to what infos you are seeking?
What research have you already done, are you looking for US records or
Italian records? This way research steps aren't repeated...
wldspirit
What research have you already done, are you looking for US records or
Italian records? This way research steps aren't repeated...
wldspirit
Re: Giacone or Allois Family
I'm sorry, I am new to this. I am looking for Italian records, both of my immediate relatives (great grandparents) arrived at the turn of the century. Apologize again for the vague questions. Thanks for the help.
Re: Giacone or Allois Family
I believe the towns are actually Chivasso, Piemonte and Sant'Antonino, Piemonte. I'm getting all of the original information second hand from relatives who might not have been sure about the spellings. Thanks again
Re: Giacone or Allois Family
So just to be clear, you have completed US research and are interested in tracing family history in Italy? Have you verified the town of origin with ship manifest?
wldspirit
wldspirit
Re: Giacone or Allois Family
If the town of origin is correct there is microfilm available for Sant' Antonino, from this you are able to trace family history as far back as the dates allow,
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... umns=*,0,0
and for Chivasso,
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... umns=*,0,0
an outline by Trish on how to use microfilm.
http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/inde ... pic&t=2581
website for Chivasso,
http://www.comune.chivasso.to.it/
and for Sant' Antonino, did not locate a website, however, another member may be able to do so.
wldspirit
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... umns=*,0,0
and for Chivasso,
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... umns=*,0,0
an outline by Trish on how to use microfilm.
http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/inde ... pic&t=2581
website for Chivasso,
http://www.comune.chivasso.to.it/
and for Sant' Antonino, did not locate a website, however, another member may be able to do so.
wldspirit
Re: Giacone or Allois Family
Hi Giacone, your ancestorcoming from "Corazia" but I think that this name town is mistaken .. in travel with Matteo GIACONE( other brother? and joining to Giuseppe Giacone also brother ) and Domenico CARBONERO from same town.... I think that is COAZZE in Torino province/Piedmont region... For civil records you can see the microfilms in LDS center about Coazze:
Registri dello stato civile, 1866-1929 Coazze (Torino). Ufficio dello stato civile
regards, suanj
Registri dello stato civile, 1866-1929 Coazze (Torino). Ufficio dello stato civile
regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: Giacone or Allois Family
Hello,suanj wrote:Hi Giacone, your ancestorcoming from "Corazia" but I think that this name town is mistaken .. in travel with Matteo GIACONE( other brother? and joining to Giuseppe Giacone also brother ) and Domenico CARBONERO from same town.... I think that is COAZZE in Torino province/Piedmont region... For civil records you can see the microfilms in LDS center about Coazze:
Registri dello stato civile, 1866-1929 Coazze (Torino). Ufficio dello stato civile
regards, suanj
you can also contact, for civil records, the following addresses
Comune
Ufficio di Stato Civile
Via Matteotti, 4
0050 Coazze (TO)
Italy
or
Archivio di Stato di Torino
http://wwwdb.archivi.beniculturali.it/S ... 2TORINO%22
bye Riccardo


