Help Translating Marriage Allegati
Help Translating Marriage Allegati
I'm looking for help reading/translating some of the allegati included in the marriage for Francesco Saverio De Malio (D'Amelio) and Angela Maria Spatuzzi (Spatuzzo/a):
1. Is the surname for Francesco's mother Logiurato?
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
2. What is the surname of Angiola's mother? Is it Desiato?
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
She also appears on this record:
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
3. Where did Donato de Melio die? I can't make out the comune. Does this record list his parents (I don't think I see them)?
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
4. Is Felice Antonio D'Amelio's death record telling me that his father was Giuseppe? What is Felice's wife's maiden name? I can't make out what follows Rosaria. She pre-deceased Felice, right?
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
5. What month did Donato Spatuzzo die? Is it March 2, 1830? Is Donato's father's name given?
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
6. What is Antonia's surname? Is it Dasiano or Desiato? Is her father's name on this record?
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
Thank you!
1. Is the surname for Francesco's mother Logiurato?
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
2. What is the surname of Angiola's mother? Is it Desiato?
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
She also appears on this record:
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
3. Where did Donato de Melio die? I can't make out the comune. Does this record list his parents (I don't think I see them)?
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
4. Is Felice Antonio D'Amelio's death record telling me that his father was Giuseppe? What is Felice's wife's maiden name? I can't make out what follows Rosaria. She pre-deceased Felice, right?
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
5. What month did Donato Spatuzzo die? Is it March 2, 1830? Is Donato's father's name given?
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
6. What is Antonia's surname? Is it Dasiano or Desiato? Is her father's name on this record?
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
Thank you!
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Help Translating Marriage Allegati
mdyer wrote:I'm looking for help reading/translating some of the allegati included in the marriage for Francesco Saverio De Malio (D'Amelio) and Angela Maria Spatuzzi (Spatuzzo/a):
1. Is the surname for Francesco's mother Logiurato?
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
Yes, clearly.
2. What is the surname of Angiola's mother? Is it Desiato?
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
She also appears on this record:
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
No, I believe the surname is Damiano. The marriage record must have been incorrect? I'll take another look at it.
3. Where did Donato de Melio die? I can't make out the comune. Does this record list his parents (I don't think I see them)?
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
He died in Vignola. Here is the original 1817 death record, No 52. http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
4. Is Felice Antonio D'Amelio's death record telling me that his father was Giuseppe? What is Felice's wife's maiden name? I can't make out what follows Rosaria. She pre-deceased Felice, right?
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
Yes, Felice Antonio d'Amelio, son of Giuseppe, widower of Rosario Dirio.
5. What month did Donato Spatuzzo die? Is it March 2, 1830? Is Donato's father's name given?
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
He died 2 January 1830, index No 2: http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 6.jpg.html
(If the original records are on line I always look for them and file those. Sometimes there are errors on the extract.)
6. What is Antonia's surname? Is it Dasiano or Desiato? Is her father's name on this record?
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
I believe it is Damiano. You could look for her 1820 Death Record.
Thank you!
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Help Translating Marriage Allegati
Here is the 1820 Death Record, which is great because it gives you more information:
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
Angela
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
Angela
Re: Help Translating Marriage Allegati
Again, thank you Angela for the translation and links to additional records!
A few follow up questions:
Is Donato De Melio's age at death 60? I'm not sure if I'm reading that one correctly.
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
I see that Donato Spatuzzo's father was Domenico and his mother Maria. But what was Maria's surname? It looks to start with an 'M'.
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 6.jpg.html
Lastly, what is Antonia Damiano's mother's name? It sort of looks like Julia Pontilano or Ponticano.
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
Thank you!
Mike
A few follow up questions:
Is Donato De Melio's age at death 60? I'm not sure if I'm reading that one correctly.
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
I see that Donato Spatuzzo's father was Domenico and his mother Maria. But what was Maria's surname? It looks to start with an 'M'.
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 6.jpg.html
Lastly, what is Antonia Damiano's mother's name? It sort of looks like Julia Pontilano or Ponticano.
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
Thank you!
Mike
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Help Translating Marriage Allegati
Angelamdyer wrote:Again, thank you Angela for the translation and links to additional records!
A few follow up questions:
Is Donato De Melio's age at death 60? I'm not sure if I'm reading that one correctly. Yes, that is what I am deciphering. It looks like they have spelt with an i and not an e unless the dot over the second letter is just a speck.
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
I see that Donato Spatuzzo's father was Domenico and his mother Maria. But what was Maria's surname? It looks to start with an 'M'. I am reading Minute which is a name in Italy but I've not seen it so far, in the Province. Someone else might verify.
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 6.jpg.html
Lastly, what is Antonia Damiano's mother's name? It sort of looks like Julia Pontilano or Ponticano. Deceased Porsia Pontiliano
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
Thank you!
Mike
Re: Help Translating Marriage Allegati
Porsia Pontiliano is a great name. Thank you.
In looking at Donato Spatuzzo's mother's name I can see Minute/Minuto. I'll plug that into my records for now with a ? to confirm should someone else corroborate our read.
In looking at Donato Spatuzzo's mother's name I can see Minute/Minuto. I'll plug that into my records for now with a ? to confirm should someone else corroborate our read.
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Help Translating Marriage Allegati
I've just been looking through some indices but haven't come across either Minute or Minuto though. I often use the white pages to check the spelling of surnames: http://www.paginebianche.it/ricerca?qs=Minuto&dv= Both names are found in Italy but not in the province today that I can see.mdyer wrote:Porsia Pontiliano is a great name. Thank you. Funny you should say that, because I thought that too. It might be a bit of a twister if you said it too fast too often though![]()
In looking at Donato Spatuzzo's mother's name I can see Minute/Minuto. I'll plug that into my records for now with a ? to confirm should someone else corroborate our read.
Angela
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Help Translating Marriage Allegati
Here's the entry in the indices. It is clearer, but it is still non-conclusive:
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
Angela
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
Angela
Re: Help Translating Marriage Allegati
Good suggestion on the white pages. I'll eyeball the record again in a bit (hopefully with some fresh eyes) and see if it looks any different to me. 
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Help Translating Marriage Allegati
Here's a Minuto at No 158: http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
I looked through the available death indices up to 1825 to see if I could locate a death record for either Domenico Spatuzzo or Maria "Minuto?" but didn't see anything. I'm not sure whether you are just wanting to establish your pedigree or whether you are also researching laterally. If you are going laterally as well, hopefully you will come across other records relevant to this couple which will clearly include the correct spelling of Maria's surname. It "seems to be" "Minuto" (although Manuto is also another possibility). It's possible she was from a neighbouring town and not Vignola and that's why the spelling "Minuto" isn't appearing in the Vignola indices that I've looked through?
Angela
I looked through the available death indices up to 1825 to see if I could locate a death record for either Domenico Spatuzzo or Maria "Minuto?" but didn't see anything. I'm not sure whether you are just wanting to establish your pedigree or whether you are also researching laterally. If you are going laterally as well, hopefully you will come across other records relevant to this couple which will clearly include the correct spelling of Maria's surname. It "seems to be" "Minuto" (although Manuto is also another possibility). It's possible she was from a neighbouring town and not Vignola and that's why the spelling "Minuto" isn't appearing in the Vignola indices that I've looked through?
Angela
Re: Help Translating Marriage Allegati
I have been focused - this week - on establishing the pedigree since I had time off work to map everything out. But I do intend to research laterally and flesh out the family groups as time permits. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for the name as I find those records.
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Help Translating Marriage Allegati
Great - all the best!
Angela
Angela
