I've located a death record for a 4th great-grandmother Vincenza Mobilio widow of Rocco Vincenzo La Rocca. I'm looking for help to confirm whether my translation was accurate.
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2043547
What I saw:
Vincenza Mobilio died May 17, 1874 at age of 90 years old.
Born in comune of Spinoso
Father was Carlo Mobilio and mother was Maria Teresa Lucrezia - both deceased.
Did I get that right?
Thank you!
Confirm Translation of Death Record
Re: Confirm Translation of Death Record
Her record is on the left hand side mid-way down the page.
Re: Confirm Translation of Death Record
You certainly did!mdyer wrote:I've located a death record for a 4th great-grandmother Vincenza Mobilio widow of Rocco Vincenzo La Rocca. I'm looking for help to confirm whether my translation was accurate.
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2043547
What I saw:
Vincenza Mobilio died May 17, 1874 at age of 90 years old.
Born in comune of Spinoso
Father was Carlo Mobilio and mother was Maria Teresa Lucrezia - both deceased.
Did I get that right?
Thank you!
FYI - the first declarant appears to be her son. He was Pancrazio La Rocca, 36, son of deceased Rocco Vincenzo La Rocca.
T.
Re: Confirm Translation of Death Record
Thanks Tessa! Pancrazio would be my 3rd great-grandfather.
I'm skeptical about her being 90 years old since she would have been about 55 when Pancrazio was born in 1839. I'm wondering if they just approximated her age to the nearest decade, figuring old is old?
I'm skeptical about her being 90 years old since she would have been about 55 when Pancrazio was born in 1839. I'm wondering if they just approximated her age to the nearest decade, figuring old is old?
Re: Confirm Translation of Death Record
Having a child at 55 was not unheard of...but I agree that they probably approximated her age at deathmdyer wrote:Thanks Tessa! Pancrazio would be my 3rd great-grandfather.
I'm skeptical about her being 90 years old since she would have been about 55 when Pancrazio was born in 1839. I'm wondering if they just approximated her age to the nearest decade, figuring old is old?
T.
Re: Confirm Translation of Death Record
Thank you, Tessa. Appreciate your help!
Re: Confirm Translation of Death Record
I need some help confirming the age of the deceased on another death record. This record is for Antonia Maria Ruoti (left side). Is this record telling me that she was 8 years old when she died?
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
Thank you!
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
Thank you!
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Confirm Translation of Death Record
She was eight days old. (di giorni otto)mdyer wrote:I need some help confirming the age of the deceased on another death record. This record is for Antonia Maria Ruoti (left side). Is this record telling me that she was 8 years old when she died?
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
Thank you!
Angela
Re: Confirm Translation of Death Record
Oh, I see that now. Thank you, Angela.
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Confirm Translation of Death Record
You are very welcome.
Angela
Angela
