Help finding Palermo death certificate
Help finding Palermo death certificate
Hey guys,
I did a search on familysearch.org and found the Palermo index listing Tommaso DiCristina -died 13 Feb 1831, sezione Ospedale, volume 135, num. 96. The section the record is located is listed as Ospedale but when I look at the sections that can be ordered on microfilm, there is no section for Ospedale. Could the death record be in another section, or is there some alternative way I could obtain the death certificate? Or maybe that section just hasn't been microfilmed? I have written to Palermo in the past for other records but I never got any sort of response.
Any help or ideas is much appreciated! Thanks.
I did a search on familysearch.org and found the Palermo index listing Tommaso DiCristina -died 13 Feb 1831, sezione Ospedale, volume 135, num. 96. The section the record is located is listed as Ospedale but when I look at the sections that can be ordered on microfilm, there is no section for Ospedale. Could the death record be in another section, or is there some alternative way I could obtain the death certificate? Or maybe that section just hasn't been microfilmed? I have written to Palermo in the past for other records but I never got any sort of response.
Any help or ideas is much appreciated! Thanks.
Re: Help finding Palermo death certificate
Could you post a link to your search? I am unable to reproduce your results. Thanks!
Latest LDS "road map" post for Gioiosa Marea, Cefalù, Termini Imerese and Villaurea at
https://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/ ... 3?#p260342
https://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/ ... 3?#p260342
Re: Help finding Palermo death certificate
The closest I am coming to a match on a search of FamilySearch.org is via the genealogical tab: a Tommaso Di Cristina who was born around 1761 in Bagheria, Palermo and married there in 1820. But that entry does not give a death date.
----https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/2:1:MD2N-J4R
"Ospedale" can be translated as "Hospital", which is why I'm interested in seeing a link to the page you found.
----https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/2:1:MD2N-J4R
"Ospedale" can be translated as "Hospital", which is why I'm interested in seeing a link to the page you found.
Re: Help finding Palermo death certificate
Hi,LuSiculu wrote:Hey guys,
I did a search on familysearch.org and found the Palermo index listing Tommaso DiCristina -died 13 Feb 1831, sezione Ospedale, volume 135, num. 96. The section the record is located is listed as Ospedale but when I look at the sections that can be ordered on microfilm, there is no section for Ospedale. Could the death record be in another section, or is there some alternative way I could obtain the death certificate? Or maybe that section just hasn't been microfilmed? I have written to Palermo in the past for other records but I never got any sort of response.
Any help or ideas is much appreciated! Thanks.
Tommaso is on this index: https://4e9affba-a-62cb3a1a-s-sites.goo ... edirects=0
and from what i understand his Death is recorded in the index of deaths in Palermo's Ospedale/Hospital and I believe that the his full name was Ospedale Grande e Nuovo created of a merger, incorporation of many small hospitals in the area, and the main venue was Palazzo Sclafani that I believe is in Albergheria/Albergaria quarter... in the City.. just a my thought..
regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: Help finding Palermo death certificate
suanj, is there a link to this index on FamilySearch? I am unable to locate a path to it there. Thanks!suanj wrote:Tommaso is on this index: https://4e9affba-a-62cb3a1a-s-sites.goo ... edirects=0
[...]
Re: Help finding Palermo death certificate
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: Help finding Palermo death certificate
Thanks so much for the help!! Yes, the link that suanj posted is the link that I found the index on as well. When I go to this link...
https://familysearch.org/search/catalog ... %20Library
they show the sezioni I can order to see the actual certificate, but there is no sezione for "ospedale." Do you think the record may be in a different sezione? Or that "ospedale" hasn't been microfilmed? Or maybe I could get the record from Palermo somehow? Thank you!
Votm, the Tommaso DiCristina you found in Bagheria is my ancestor. That is who I am trying to find. There is no death record for him in Bagheria and I know he died sometime after 1827 and I think was originally from Palermo. That's why I am hoping this other Tommaso I found is him!!
https://familysearch.org/search/catalog ... %20Library
they show the sezioni I can order to see the actual certificate, but there is no sezione for "ospedale." Do you think the record may be in a different sezione? Or that "ospedale" hasn't been microfilmed? Or maybe I could get the record from Palermo somehow? Thank you!
Votm, the Tommaso DiCristina you found in Bagheria is my ancestor. That is who I am trying to find. There is no death record for him in Bagheria and I know he died sometime after 1827 and I think was originally from Palermo. That's why I am hoping this other Tommaso I found is him!!
Re: Help finding Palermo death certificate
A guide to the index would help, in order to explain who the second person listed is for each entry. I do not know if the "Paola" listed on the entry is Tommaso's spouse, his mother, or the person reporting the death.LuSiculu wrote:Votm, the Tommaso DiCristina you found in Bagheria is my ancestor. That is who I am trying to find. There is no death record for him in Bagheria and I know he died sometime after 1827 and I think was originally from Palermo. That's why I am hoping this other Tommaso I found is him!!
suanj, thanks for the direct link!
Re: Help finding Palermo death certificate
Just for the sake of completeness, have you checked the marriage allegati for Tommaso's children? There is a chance you may find a transcript of a death record for him in one of those.
Re: Help finding Palermo death certificate
I read on this book of 1834:
"La Città di Palermo è divisa in sei Sezioni le quali sono i S. Agata, S. Oliva, Santa Ninfa, S. Cristina, Oreto, e Molo"
https://books.google.it/books?id=zCtuZq ... FA&f=false
so the sezioni are 6.
S. Agata, S. Oliva, Santa Ninfa, S. Cristina pertaining the Palermo City, the Oreto, e Molo pertaining the Palermo suburbs. Well these sezioni of City correspond to the these districts called mandamenti( so mandamenti and sezioni are same thing):
Well, I also found:
"Palazzo Reale - Santa Cristina;
Tribunali - Sant'Agata;
Castellammare - Sant'Oliva;
Monte di Pietà - Santa Ninfa.
I quattro Cantoni, con le statue delle quattro stagioni, dei quattro Sovrani Spagnoli e delle Sante Protettrici dei Mandamenti, simboleggiarono la ripartizione della città."
http://www.palermoweb.com/cittadelsole/ ... amenti.htm
Palazzo Sclafani/Sclafani Palace (Ospedale) is in the mandamento/sezione of Palazzo Reale - Santa Cristina;
http://www.palermoweb.com/cittadelsole/ ... oreale.htm
So, if I am not wrong, I believe that is Sezione Santa Cristina you will find the Death record of Tommaso.
Hoping helpful,
suanj
"La Città di Palermo è divisa in sei Sezioni le quali sono i S. Agata, S. Oliva, Santa Ninfa, S. Cristina, Oreto, e Molo"
https://books.google.it/books?id=zCtuZq ... FA&f=false
so the sezioni are 6.
S. Agata, S. Oliva, Santa Ninfa, S. Cristina pertaining the Palermo City, the Oreto, e Molo pertaining the Palermo suburbs. Well these sezioni of City correspond to the these districts called mandamenti( so mandamenti and sezioni are same thing):
Well, I also found:
"Palazzo Reale - Santa Cristina;
Tribunali - Sant'Agata;
Castellammare - Sant'Oliva;
Monte di Pietà - Santa Ninfa.
I quattro Cantoni, con le statue delle quattro stagioni, dei quattro Sovrani Spagnoli e delle Sante Protettrici dei Mandamenti, simboleggiarono la ripartizione della città."
http://www.palermoweb.com/cittadelsole/ ... amenti.htm
Palazzo Sclafani/Sclafani Palace (Ospedale) is in the mandamento/sezione of Palazzo Reale - Santa Cristina;
http://www.palermoweb.com/cittadelsole/ ... oreale.htm
So, if I am not wrong, I believe that is Sezione Santa Cristina you will find the Death record of Tommaso.
Hoping helpful,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: Help finding Palermo death certificate
VotM - I have looked at the marriage records for his children, that I have found at least. None of them mention anything. Giovanni and Paola I am assuming are his parents, the name of his wife at the time of his death was Anna Belvedere who was living in Bagheria along with their children.
Suanj - Thank you so much for the information and the links. I will order the Santa Cristina microfilm and see if he is in there! Hopefully I find him, I have been looking for him a long time!
Thank you both for all your help!
Suanj - Thank you so much for the information and the links. I will order the Santa Cristina microfilm and see if he is in there! Hopefully I find him, I have been looking for him a long time!
Thank you both for all your help!
Re: Help finding Palermo death certificate
Good luck!
suanj
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH


