Looking for Connection of Frank Moyer and Joseph Moyer

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
magbag1
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 71
Joined: 02 Mar 2015, 16:37

Looking for Connection of Frank Moyer and Joseph Moyer

Post by magbag1 »

Frank/Francesco Moyer/Muoio b. Cerisano, Cosenza, Calabria, Italy March 10, 1863,
Father on his information for marriage to Minnie/Giacomina Santoro b. Petina, Salerno, Compania, Italy Jan 06, 1878, Married in Manhattan, NY Jan 09, 1892 is Domenico and I assume the last name is Muoio, Mother on his information is Rosaria Russo.

Her Father is Guiseppe and I assume Santoro and her Mother if Filomena Pagano.

I would like to know what connection Frank/Francesco Moyer/Muoio is to Joseph Muoio b. Cerisano, Cosenza, Calabria, Italy 1860 who married Josephine Santelli b. Cerisano, Cosenza, Calabria, Italy 1874. It's possible both of Frank's parents came to the US and settled in Newark, NY with James and his family but I haven't found anything conclusive. I do not have birth or death dates on Joseph or Josephine. James Moyer, Joseph and Josephine's son b. Cerisano, Cosenza, Calabria, Itay April 19, 1885 died in Newark NY March 7, 1963. James' wife, Virginia Ruffalo b. Cerisano, Cosenza, Calabria, Italy Nov 12, 1891 died in Newark NY Sept 11 1977.

I don't know what other information you may need to help or what I'm missing to post as I've posted a good bit of info here.

Please advise and if there is anything else I may have please let me know. I really need to find the connection as I am DNA related to these people and I'm trying to figure out where the common people are.

Thank you,
Margaret
User avatar
Joannsalvo
Elite
Elite
Posts: 304
Joined: 10 Feb 2008, 15:31
Location: NJ

Re: Looking for Connection of Frank Moyer and Joseph Moyer

Post by Joannsalvo »

Have you tried this website it is free to register:
http://www.poster.beniculturali.it/ascs ... lice.faces
User avatar
Joannsalvo
Elite
Elite
Posts: 304
Joined: 10 Feb 2008, 15:31
Location: NJ

Re: Looking for Connection of Frank Moyer and Joseph Moyer

Post by Joannsalvo »

You can also include the place of birth in the search:
http://www.poster.beniculturali.it/ascs ... lice.faces
magbag1
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 71
Joined: 02 Mar 2015, 16:37

Re: Looking for Connection of Frank Moyer and Joseph Moyer

Post by magbag1 »

I can't find the name Muoio at all.
Margaret
magbag1
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 71
Joined: 02 Mar 2015, 16:37

Re: Looking for Connection of Frank Moyer and Joseph Moyer

Post by magbag1 »

I can't even find the name Russo.

Help!
Margaret
User avatar
Joannsalvo
Elite
Elite
Posts: 304
Joined: 10 Feb 2008, 15:31
Location: NJ

Re: Looking for Connection of Frank Moyer and Joseph Moyer

Post by Joannsalvo »

Put Muoio in the Last Name field and Cerisano in the Place of Birth field ad hit search.
magbag1
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 71
Joined: 02 Mar 2015, 16:37

Re: Looking for Connection of Frank Moyer and Joseph Moyer

Post by magbag1 »

If I just put in their names and no town I get some hints but none with the dates of birth I have. If I put in a town, I get no hints.
Margaret
User avatar
Joannsalvo
Elite
Elite
Posts: 304
Joined: 10 Feb 2008, 15:31
Location: NJ

Re: Looking for Connection of Frank Moyer and Joseph Moyer

Post by Joannsalvo »

The last name is required for the town search.
magbag1
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 71
Joined: 02 Mar 2015, 16:37

Re: Looking for Connection of Frank Moyer and Joseph Moyer

Post by magbag1 »

I am putting in the name. But like i said if i out in a town no hints. No town name. Several hints but i cant find the names if Francesco Muoio's parents.
Margaret
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Looking for Connection of Frank Moyer and Joseph Moyer

Post by Tessa78 »

In the Cosenza Archives (link provided above by Joannesalvo :-) ) I located this record.
James would be the Americanization of Vincenzo, Joseph/Giuseppe, and Josephine/Giuseppina...

This could be the James Moyer
, son of Joseph Moyer and Josephine Santelli that you mentioned.
Birth date is given as 22 April 1885 in MENDICINO.

SIAS Code IT-ASCS-F680258
Ufficio Leva della Provincia di Cosenza, Enlistment year 1885.Volume number 207,
document number 61 page 244 section a
Vincenzo Muoio, contadino enlisted on --/--/----
born on 22/04/1885 to MENDICINO
son/daughter of Giuseppe Muoio and of Giuseppina Santelli

AND***

This COULD be the Francesco/Frank
(or an earlier sibling) that you are looking for.
His parents are listed as Domenico Muoio and Rosaria Rubino, not Russo... could be a later misspelling.
No birth year is given, but birth occurred in MENDICINO

SIAS Code IT-ASCS-F680258
Ufficio Leva della Provincia di Cosenza, Enlistment year 1858.Volume number 53,
document number - page 162 section -
Francesco Luigi Muoio, enlisted on --/--/----
born on --/--/---- to MENDICINO
son/daughter of Domenico Muoio and of Rosaria Rubino


T.
User avatar
Joannsalvo
Elite
Elite
Posts: 304
Joined: 10 Feb 2008, 15:31
Location: NJ

Re: Looking for Connection of Frank Moyer and Joseph Moyer

Post by Joannsalvo »

Thank you Tessa !
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Looking for Connection of Frank Moyer and Joseph Moyer

Post by Tessa78 »

Joannsalvo wrote:Thank you Tessa !

:D

T.
magbag1
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 71
Joined: 02 Mar 2015, 16:37

Re: Looking for Connection of Frank Moyer and Joseph Moyer

Post by magbag1 »

Would this mean then that Frank and James are not brothers but more than likely Frank and Joseph are?

On Frank's gravestone it has his birth year as 1855 but on other sources I've found it to be 1863.

I saw this info on these people but none of it seemed right and I got discouraged. Thank you so much for helping me along.
I will try these in my tree and see if hints come up.
Margaret
magbag1
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 71
Joined: 02 Mar 2015, 16:37

Re: Looking for Connection of Frank Moyer and Joseph Moyer

Post by magbag1 »

I've added all this info into my tree and I've looked on Family Search and found some more info as well.

I have one more quest at the moment. How can I find the connection of Frank and Joseph themselves? I have all this info now about Joseph, his wife, and their son James and his wife, but the piece of the puzzle I am missing is the actual connection that proves the relationship of Frank and Joseph to each other. I really feel they are brothers because of years of birth and how all the info seems to fit into the tree. Where can I look for it? I tried to find it at the links given to me but could not find it.

Thank you for your help, I am most greatful!
Margaret
magbag1
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 71
Joined: 02 Mar 2015, 16:37

Re: Looking for Connection of Frank Moyer and Joseph Moyer

Post by magbag1 »

I've traced Rosaria Russo back and her name is Russo not a misspelling of Rubino. Her Father was Tomaso Trunzo 1806- and her mother Maria Russo 1805-1834. So tracing the line back thru the Rubino name was all wrong so I've deleted it from my tree and corrected it to Russo for Francesco/Frank Muoio/Moyer's mother. His father was Domenico and his mother's husband according to details from family search on Rosaria Russo and on Frank Moyer. On Frank Moyer and his wife's, Giacomina/Minnie Santora/Santoro, Frank's name was spelled incorrectly as Moia, but it is Muoio. Then changed to Moyer. I followed the change along the Census'.

Now for connecting him to Joseph Muoio....First thing I can find here in the US is a Vincenzo Muoio 23 marrying Vincenza Ruffalo 17 in Newark NY. He later changed his name to James Moyer b-04/19/1885 in Italy and Vincenza Ruffalo changed her name to Virginia Ruffalo Moyer. They lived their whole married lives over 50 yrs in Newark and I found a newspaper article telling about their anniversary party. It stated his birth year and place Cerisano, Italy. I found a manifest for Rosaria Russo coming to the US at the age of 43 with no spouse with her. From searching thru the link I was given to search for family names and birthdates I found a Domenico Muoio born in 1823 so I can only assume he was deceased at the time Rosaria came to the US as I can't find him anywhere on Census'. He did not sign Frank and Minnie's marriage license only Rosaria Russo and another family member. I cannot find Vincenzo/James Muoio/Moyer anywhere and I need help. He has got to be a brother to Frank because of his approximate year of birth.

Please someone help! I've given you a lot of information and I don't know what else I can give you, If there is some where else I can look now that is in English, please let me know.

Thank you,

Margaret
Margaret
Post Reply