Giovanni Ciotti

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
Post Reply
User avatar
trevisan2
Master
Master
Posts: 639
Joined: 23 Oct 2004, 00:00
Location: Utah, Mareno di Piave (TV)
Contact:

Giovanni Ciotti

Post by trevisan2 »

I am trying to find where in Italy Giovanni Ciotti was born. I here he was from the Provincia di Belluno, but I want to know the name of the town.
I also would like to know who the parents of Giovanni were.

Here is what I know:
Giovanni Ciotti
born 23 Aug 1880 Italy
Died 29 Nov 1919
Jefferson, Ohio, USA

Married to Rosana Bianchet
born 16 Dec 1882
Italy
died 10 Aug 1926 Steubenville, Ohio, USA

Married 29 Sept 1906 Huron, PA.

Any information would be appreciated.
Researching in the provincia di Treviso, Italy, Provaglio Sopra, Val Sabbia of Brescia.
Domege di Cadore, Cavalo, Fumane, Verona

Forno di Rivara, TO, Canischio, TO
User avatar
Biff83
Master
Master
Posts: 4495
Joined: 02 Jan 2007, 00:00

Re: Giovanni Ciotti

Post by Biff83 »

"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
User avatar
trevisan2
Master
Master
Posts: 639
Joined: 23 Oct 2004, 00:00
Location: Utah, Mareno di Piave (TV)
Contact:

Re: Giovanni Ciotti

Post by trevisan2 »

I know its in Family Search, but I want to verify the birth place by a document and or emigration to Ellis Island.
Thank you
Trevisan2
Researching in the provincia di Treviso, Italy, Provaglio Sopra, Val Sabbia of Brescia.
Domege di Cadore, Cavalo, Fumane, Verona

Forno di Rivara, TO, Canischio, TO
User avatar
faith
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 42
Joined: 16 Jan 2010, 00:12

Re: Giovanni Ciotti

Post by faith »

User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Giovanni Ciotti

Post by suanj »

Hi trevisan,
by 1910 census seeming that he arrived in USA on 1903:


John Ciotte

United States Census, 1910


Name John Ciotte
Event Type Census
Event Date 1910
Event Place Penn, Westmoreland, Pennsylvania, United States
Gender Male
Age 29
Marital Status Married
Race White
Race (Original) White
Relationship to Head of Household Head
Relationship to Head of Household (Original) Head
Birth Year (Estimated) 1881
Birthplace Italy
Immigration Year 1903
Father's Birthplace Italy
Mother's Birthplace Italy
Sheet Letter B
Sheet Number 18

Household

Role

Gender

Age

Birthplace

John Ciotte Head M 29 Italy
Rosa Ciotte Wife F 27 Italy
Johanna Ciotte Daughter F 3 Pennsylvania
Josephine Ciotte Daughter F 0 Pennsylvania



------------------------------
John Rosa Ciotti

United States Census, 1920

Name John Rosa Ciotti
Event Type Census
Event Date 1920
Event Place Elk, Jefferson, Ohio, United States
Gender Female
Age 37
Marital Status Widowed
Race White
Race (Original) White
Relationship to Head of Household Head
Relationship to Head of Household (Original) Head
Birth Year (Estimated) 1883
Birthplace Italy
Immigration Year 1907
Father's Birthplace Italy
Mother's Birthplace Italy
Sheet Letter A
Sheet Number 4

Household

Role

Gender

Age

Birthplace

John Rosa Ciotti Head F 37 Italy
Lena Ciotti Daughter F 12 Pennsylvania
Felia Ciotti Son M 9 Pennsylvania
Lamoria Ciotti Daughter F 7 Pennsylvania
Ugo Ciotti Daughter F 4 Ohio
Tilla Ciotti Daughter F 4 Ohio
John Ciotti Son M 2 Ohio

------------------
regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Post Reply