Finding Ancestors

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
Post Reply
addie
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: 30 Jan 2017, 02:40

Finding Ancestors

Post by addie »

My name is Addie. My grandparents were Salvatore Aresco and Adelaide (Sapia) Aresco. I have their birth and death dates. I am trying to find out their parents names and any other information. They lived in Melilli, Sicily, Italy. I would love to be able to trace my relatives as far back as I can. I know one parent was an Amenta, the other parent a Damiata. Any information you could give me would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Adelaide Tiefenbrunn
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Finding Ancestors

Post by Tessa78 »

Hello Addie! Welcome to the forum.

Can you provide those birth and death dates for us?

There are some online records for Melilli, Siracusa, Sicily, at this link beginning in 1900.
The records are in Italian. We would be happy to help you search.
https://familysearch.org/search/image/i ... %3D2110810

T.
User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
Posts: 9334
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: Finding Ancestors

Post by adelfio »

Marrriage of Salvatore Aresco and Adelaide Maria Sapia
INDEX#28
1902 June 8th in the town of Melilli province of Siracusa marriage of Salvatore Aresco age 20 bricklayer born and resides in Melilli son of Sebastiano Aresco and Angela Damiata married Adelaide Maria Sapia age 17 born and resides in Melilli daughter of Giuseppe Sapia and Carolina Amenta

CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE
Attachments
31450_204337-01994.jpg
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
addie
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: 30 Jan 2017, 02:40

Re: Finding Ancestors

Post by addie »

Your help would be wonderful. My grandparents, Adelaide Sapia Aresco was born in 1885 and Salvatore Aresco was born in 1881 in Melilli, Sicily. I know who their parents are only by what I was told. I have never been able to trace them or trace anyone before my grandparents. It's great you were able to tell me that what I heard is correct. I'd really love to find names and dates of people before my grandparents. I hope I stated this clearly. Please let me know if you have questions, and thank you!
User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
Posts: 9334
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: Finding Ancestors

Post by adelfio »

From the parents info on the marriage record I posted of Salvatore Aresco and Adelaide Maria Sapia

Death record of Sebastiano Aresco (father of Salvatore Aresco)
INDEX#11
1917 Feb 3rd in the town of Melilli province of Siracusa death of Sebastiano Aresco age 61 born and resides in Melilli son deceased Luigi Aresco and deceased Concetta Misenti husband of Angela Damiata

KEEP CLICKING ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE
Attachments
31450_21418590039047-01230.jpg
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
Posts: 9334
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: Finding Ancestors

Post by adelfio »

Death record of Angela Damiata (mother of Salvatore Aresco)
INDEX#76
1921 Oct 6th in the town of Melilli province of Siracusa death of Angela Damiata age 69 born and resides in Melilli daughter of deceased Emanuele Damiata and deceased Sebastiana Russo she was the widow of Sebastiano Aresco

KEEP CLICKING ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE
Attachments
31450_21418590039047-01447.jpg
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
Posts: 9334
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: Finding Ancestors

Post by adelfio »

Death record of Carolina Amenta (mother of Adelaide Maria Sapia)
INDEX#72
1904 June 25th in the town of Melilli province of Siracusa death of Carolina Amenta age 54 born and resides in Melilli daughter of deceased Salvatore Amenta and deceased Carmela Marino she was the wife of Giuseppe Sapia

KEEP CLICKING ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE
Attachments
31450_204337-02624.jpg
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
Posts: 9334
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: Finding Ancestors

Post by adelfio »

Death record of Giuseppe Sapia (father of Adelaide Maria Sapia)
INDEX#44
1927 June 27th in the town of Melilli province of Siracusa death of Giuseppe Sapia age 72 shoemaker born and resides in Melilli son of deceased Salvatore Sapia and deceased Maria Nicosia he was the widower of Carolina Maria Amenta

KEEP CLICKING ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE
Attachments
31450_21418590039047-01664.jpg
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Post Reply