Italian Prisoners of War in Australia WW2

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
Post Reply
joannetappy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 03 Feb 2017, 02:10

Italian Prisoners of War in Australia WW2

Post by joannetappy »

I am researching the Italian Prisoners of War who came to Australia 1941 - 1945 and were sent to work on farms in Queensland: "Footprints of Italian Prisoners of War in Queensland 1943 - 1946".

During my research I have compiled a data base of over 1500 Italian POWs who worked on Queensland farms and in some cases I have the details of the farmers and locations where they lived. There were 11 locations in Queensland where the Italians were sent: Gaythorne Prisoner of War and Internment Camp in Brisbane, Stanthorpe, Nambour, Gympie, Gayndah, Texas, Home Hill, Kenilworth, Kingaroy, Monto and Boonah.

I am interested in communicating with families whose Nonna or Bis Nonna spent time in Queensland Australia during WW2.

Joanne Tapiolas
Post Reply