Cameli, Campobasso, Molise Italy

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
Post Reply
User avatar
Barbarossa
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 158
Joined: 07 Jan 2017, 00:58
Contact:

Cameli, Campobasso, Molise Italy

Post by Barbarossa »

Just sharing this message and link I received from a new found cousin in Campobasso - we've been in touch over a year and a half since discovering our mutual links.

I'd emailed her for help on determining the existence of a commune in Campobasso I had come across the name of in records for persons on my family tree. It was the commune CAMELI, which is the surname of 7/8x GGP I share way back.

I couldn't find any record of such a place by name - that's because it was changed late 19th century.
Story in the link:
Ciao John, dopo una accurata ricerca rispondo alla tua mail per dirti che abbiamo trovato il paese Cameli. Tale paese adesso corrisponde a quello di Sant'Elena Sannita che fa parte della Provincia di Isernia. Purtroppo non ti posso dare alcuna informazione perche l'Archivio di Stato di Isernia non è ancora stato messo in rete.
Per ogni eventualita ti allego il link corrispondente.
Saluti da me e mio marito Antonio.
http://www.santelenasannita.net/Storia.htm
Post Reply