Hello,
I was wondering if anyone has any experience being granted citizenship by jure sanguinis from an Italian descendant who was a foundling - unknown father and unknown mother listed on his Italian birth record. Is this possible? Does the fact that the mother and father are not recorded pose any problems in establishing the original Italian citizenship of a foundling?
Jure Sanguinis for Foundlings
Re: Jure Sanguinis for Foundlings
Descendents of a foundling who was born in Italy could obtain Italian citizenship through the foundling's legally adoptive parents if those parents were also Italian citizens. Short of that, I don't know of any other way if the foundlings biological parents are not known.
Re: Jure Sanguinis for Foundlings
I think if the said foundling was born in Italy then there should in theory be no issues. You might want to try to get a hold of Ann Tatangelo as I believe she has expertise in this area. Her username is: Italysearcher
And her website: http://angelresearch.wordpress.com
And her website: http://angelresearch.wordpress.com
FROM ABRUZZO WITH LOVE genealogy services
contact: info@abruzzowithlove.com
http://www.abruzzowithlove.com
Find us on...
Facebook: /abruzzowithlove
Twitter: @abruzzowithlove
Instagram: abruzzowithlove
contact: info@abruzzowithlove.com
http://www.abruzzowithlove.com
Find us on...
Facebook: /abruzzowithlove
Twitter: @abruzzowithlove
Instagram: abruzzowithlove
- TerraLavoro
- Elite

- Posts: 398
- Joined: 03 Jun 2014, 20:05
- Location: California
Re: Jure Sanguinis for Foundlings
If the foundling was born in the Italy, then he/she is an Italian citizen.bene wrote: 10 Feb 2017, 02:01 Does the fact that the mother and father are not recorded pose any problems in establishing the original Italian citizenship of a foundling?
See Article 1, 1b and Article 1,"2", in the attached english translation of the 1992 citizenship law.
Hope that helps.
- Attachments
-
1992.pdf- (72.95 KiB) Downloaded 142 times
TerraLavoro
- TerraLavoro
- Elite

- Posts: 398
- Joined: 03 Jun 2014, 20:05
- Location: California
Re: Jure Sanguinis for Foundlings
I would also direct you to the Italian Citizenship message board:
http://italiancitizenship.freeforums.org/index.php
That board is a wealth of information with respect to citizenship issues.
http://italiancitizenship.freeforums.org/index.php
That board is a wealth of information with respect to citizenship issues.
TerraLavoro
Re: Jure Sanguinis for Foundlings
Thank so much everyone. lmcor - I will get in touch with Ann to confirm - thanks for the lead. TerraLovoro - thanks for the 1992 law - it was very helpful and I found this thread on the italiancitizenship form that seems to settle it:
http://italiancitizenship.freeforums.or ... tml#p27508
see the second post...
http://italiancitizenship.freeforums.or ... tml#p27508
see the second post...


