Help translating birth record

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Post Reply
User avatar
mdyer
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 100
Joined: 22 Dec 2010, 03:26

Help translating birth record

Post by mdyer »

I'm trying to confirm the parents of Michele Ruoti and his birth date.

Am I correct that his father was Pasquale Ruoti son of Francesco?

What is the wife's name? I'm unclear if I'm reading Gerarda La Russo as the wife or if that's her father (Gerardo).

Born March 20, 1868?

His record is on the right hand side:
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2043547

Thank you!
User avatar
liviomoreno
Master
Master
Posts: 7116
Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
Location: Rome, Italy
Contact:

Re: Help translating birth record

Post by liviomoreno »

Gerarda Lo Russo is Pasquale's wife and she is the daughter od deceased Oronzio (not sure about the first letters)
User avatar
mdyer
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 100
Joined: 22 Dec 2010, 03:26

Re: Help translating birth record

Post by mdyer »

Thank you Livio. I appreciate the help.
Post Reply