Need to find Birth Certificate

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
arriori
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: 02 Feb 2017, 13:27

Need to find Birth Certificate

Post by arriori »

Hi all,

I need some professional help to find the birth certificate of my GGGF “Leoncio Domingo Arrigoni” who was born in Italy around (1857 or 1858) and came to Uruguay.

What I could find doing some research:
- He married Rosa Castellani (not sure if they married in Uruguay or Italy)
- I found Rosa Castellani birth certificate, and she was born on 18-oct-1876 in Povoleto, Udine.
- They had my GGF on Apr-5-1895 here in Uruguay.

I'm not sure if my GGGF was also from Udine as Rosa was.
Also his name Domingo seems to be the translation to spanish of Domenico.

I'm blocked and need some help so if you can just let me know so I can give you all the documents and info I have.

Thanks!
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Need to find Birth Certificate

Post by suanj »

Hi, by this record, the Leoncio Domingo sr, well the his mother maiden name was :


Leoncio Domingo Arrigonni Mazante

mentioned in the record of Domingo Leoncio Arrigonni Mazante

Name Leoncio Domingo Arrigonni Mazante
Gender Male


Wife Rosa Castellani

Son Domingo Leoncio Arrigonni Mazante

Other information in the record of Domingo Leoncio Arrigonni Mazante


from Uruguay Civil Registration

Name Domingo Leoncio Arrigonni Mazante
Event Type (Original Language) Nacimiento
Event Date (Original Language) 30 mar 1895
Event Place Departamento Rocha, Uruguay
Gender (Original Language) Hombre
Father's Name Leoncio Domingo Arrigonni Mazante
Mother's Name Rosa Castellani
Section Number Registro Civil, Sección 1
Certificate Number 89
Page 45
abt "Mazante" give us some input but no much helpful, because we cannot know the right spelling if Mazzante, Mazzanti or Masante or what...
The his italian name could be :
Leonzio Domenico ARRIGONI.... Arrigoni is a popular surname in Italy so it is hard to find something without further details and if he was born in northern Italy, no civil records after 1815 abt and before of 1866... so no easy....
Let us know if you can add more infos,
best regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Need to find Birth Certificate

Post by Tessa78 »

User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Need to find Birth Certificate

Post by suanj »

Thanks Tessa!
You are a wonderful friend! I don' t know why the posters starting new topics abt same search...
Hugs to you also!
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Post Reply