Translation of Birth certificate, family SCOTTI

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Post Reply
Selina2
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: 18 Mar 2017, 18:53

Translation of Birth certificate, family SCOTTI

Post by Selina2 »

Hey everyone! :-)

I guess my italian skills are not good enough for this "old italian" (1866). Plus the handwriting is very hard to read for me.

I understand some things, the most important I think, but I need ALL the details, it's important in my family case.

So I would be veeery grateful if someone could translate the document. The family SCOTTI does matter to me (left page and the first few lines on the right).

I speak german by the way (if some german or swiss people are here) :lol:

I'm thankful for every little piece of information! :-)
Selina
Attachments
Bruder von Domenica Scotti.jpg
paola52
Elite
Elite
Posts: 427
Joined: 24 Sep 2012, 13:47
Location: Varese, Italy

Re: Translation of Birth certificate, family SCOTTI

Post by paola52 »

Dizzasco August 28, 1867
Domenica Scotti, (aka Aspasia), unmarried, not of age, residing in Muronico, hamlet of Dizzasco declares the birth of a male child, son of her sister-in-law Maria Orsola Haarenfratz (?), daughter of the deceased Giuseppe and wife of Domenica’s brother Antonio Scotti, son of the deceased Gaetano.
The child was born August 24, Saturday.
Domenica does not present the child (as was requested by law) but a certificate by the midwife Adelaide Balzaretti, living in Argegno, who assisted the birth, and a certificate by the doctor Giovanni Stanislao Somazzi (dated August 26) who certifies that the child is frail and cannot be moved
She also attest that the child’s father, a mason, is working abroad and cannot present the child himself
The birth is registered and the child is given the names Andrea, Eufrasio, Arminio
At the end you can see the signatures of the witnesses and of the declarant. She signes as Domenica Scotta Aspasia


Ciao
Paola
Researching Provinces of Varese, Como and Milan and the valleys around Turin
Post Reply