Pipan/Boltor line from Trieste area

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
emandmikey
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: 04 Feb 2017, 22:23

Pipan/Boltor line from Trieste area

Post by emandmikey »

Hey. I'm doing research on my family in Trieste. My great grandfather Francisco Ettore Pipan (b.1892) grew up there, then left for the USA when he was a young man (maybe in his 20s? He changed his name to Francis Hector Pipan when he naturalized in the USA) His father was Antonius Pipan who married Josephine Boltor (maybe misspelled?). Their families were from Comen (Antonius) and Gortz (Josephine). DO you have ANY information on this part of the family? Are you related to these people? If so, will you share your information? (My father is Gregory Pipan, son of Richard Pipan, Son of Francisco Ettore Pipan, son of Antonius Pipan)
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Pipan/Boltor line from Trieste area

Post by suanj »

I believe that Comen is COMENO, in Gorizia province...I don't know if your Francesco Ettore was born in Comeno or born in Trieste.. however by a search in the draft registration card database by Gorizia archive of state, I don't found his record:
here the names
http://www.archiviodistatogorizia.benic ... bmit=Cerca
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Pipan/Boltor line from Trieste area

Post by suanj »

by his WWII draft registration card in USA, he was born in Trieste:


Francis Hector Pipan

United States World War II Draft Registration Cards, 1942

Name Francis Hector Pipan
Event Type Draft Registration
Event Date 1942
Event Place Weehawken, Hudson, New Jersey, United States
Residence Place Weehawken, Hudson, New Jersey
Gender Male
Employer Francis Hector/Pipan
Birth Date 07 Oct 1892
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... cc=1861144
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Post Reply