I need some help deciphering this marriage record.
The year of marriage is 1599, but the precise date eludes me and may be missing.
Rocco's parents are Joseph and Vincenza di Aguanno. Vincenza's maiden name does not appear to be disclosed.
Margarita's parents appear to be Francesco and Elisabetta, but I cannot read their surname.
I see what looks like "annuli benedittione et impositione". Was there an annulment of a previous marriage?
Second record down.
Grazie mille!
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cat=731421
Marriage of Rocco di Aguanno & Margarita ?? 1599
-
sacesta
- Elite

- Posts: 452
- Joined: 04 Mar 2016, 21:21
- Location: North Carolina via Brooklyn and many places in between
Marriage of Rocco di Aguanno & Margarita ?? 1599
Steve Acesta
Researching Calatafimi, Trapani
Surnames Aceste, Papa, Cusenza, Gruppuso, Sciortino, Sparacino, Zito, and Vona.
Researching Montevago, Agrigento (Girgenti)
Surnames Infranco, La Rocca, Mandina, Bilello, Cacioppo, and Cardino.
Researching Calatafimi, Trapani
Surnames Aceste, Papa, Cusenza, Gruppuso, Sciortino, Sparacino, Zito, and Vona.
Researching Montevago, Agrigento (Girgenti)
Surnames Infranco, La Rocca, Mandina, Bilello, Cacioppo, and Cardino.
Re: Marriage of Rocco di Aguanno & Margarita ?? 1599
Steve
I'm not sure of the date of the marriage, but I do see a date of Sept 12, 1599 later in the record.
Both of Rocco's parents were deceased. The bride's parents were alive. I am reading the surname as "la brunetta." I see that Brunetta is currently a surname in the town of Salemi in Trapani province, but the record does not indicate that her parents were from somewhere else.
The word benedizione refers to a blessing given.
Erudita
I'm not sure of the date of the marriage, but I do see a date of Sept 12, 1599 later in the record.
Both of Rocco's parents were deceased. The bride's parents were alive. I am reading the surname as "la brunetta." I see that Brunetta is currently a surname in the town of Salemi in Trapani province, but the record does not indicate that her parents were from somewhere else.
The word benedizione refers to a blessing given.
Erudita
Re: Marriage of Rocco di Aguanno & Margarita ?? 1599
cum anuli benedictione....sacesta wrote: 03 Apr 2017, 15:49... looks like "annuli benedittione et impositione". Was there an annulment of a previous marriage?
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
Slava Ukraine! 
תחי ישראל
-
sacesta
- Elite

- Posts: 452
- Joined: 04 Mar 2016, 21:21
- Location: North Carolina via Brooklyn and many places in between
Re: Marriage of Rocco di Aguanno & Margarita ?? 1599
With this ring?
Steve Acesta
Researching Calatafimi, Trapani
Surnames Aceste, Papa, Cusenza, Gruppuso, Sciortino, Sparacino, Zito, and Vona.
Researching Montevago, Agrigento (Girgenti)
Surnames Infranco, La Rocca, Mandina, Bilello, Cacioppo, and Cardino.
Researching Calatafimi, Trapani
Surnames Aceste, Papa, Cusenza, Gruppuso, Sciortino, Sparacino, Zito, and Vona.
Researching Montevago, Agrigento (Girgenti)
Surnames Infranco, La Rocca, Mandina, Bilello, Cacioppo, and Cardino.
-
sacesta
- Elite

- Posts: 452
- Joined: 04 Mar 2016, 21:21
- Location: North Carolina via Brooklyn and many places in between
Re: Marriage of Rocco di Aguanno & Margarita ?? 1599
Thanks Erudita!erudita74 wrote: 03 Apr 2017, 19:17 Steve
I'm not sure of the date of the marriage, but I do see a date of Sept 12, 1599 later in the record.
Both of Rocco's parents were deceased. The bride's parents were alive. I am reading the surname as "la brunetta." I see that Brunetta is currently a surname in the town of Salemi in Trapani province, but the record does not indicate that her parents were from somewhere else.
The word benedizione refers to a blessing given.
Erudita
Steve Acesta
Researching Calatafimi, Trapani
Surnames Aceste, Papa, Cusenza, Gruppuso, Sciortino, Sparacino, Zito, and Vona.
Researching Montevago, Agrigento (Girgenti)
Surnames Infranco, La Rocca, Mandina, Bilello, Cacioppo, and Cardino.
Researching Calatafimi, Trapani
Surnames Aceste, Papa, Cusenza, Gruppuso, Sciortino, Sparacino, Zito, and Vona.
Researching Montevago, Agrigento (Girgenti)
Surnames Infranco, La Rocca, Mandina, Bilello, Cacioppo, and Cardino.
Re: Marriage of Rocco di Aguanno & Margarita ?? 1599
with the blessing of the ring
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
Slava Ukraine! 
תחי ישראל
-
sacesta
- Elite

- Posts: 452
- Joined: 04 Mar 2016, 21:21
- Location: North Carolina via Brooklyn and many places in between
Re: Marriage of Rocco di Aguanno & Margarita ?? 1599
Grazie!
Steve Acesta
Researching Calatafimi, Trapani
Surnames Aceste, Papa, Cusenza, Gruppuso, Sciortino, Sparacino, Zito, and Vona.
Researching Montevago, Agrigento (Girgenti)
Surnames Infranco, La Rocca, Mandina, Bilello, Cacioppo, and Cardino.
Researching Calatafimi, Trapani
Surnames Aceste, Papa, Cusenza, Gruppuso, Sciortino, Sparacino, Zito, and Vona.
Researching Montevago, Agrigento (Girgenti)
Surnames Infranco, La Rocca, Mandina, Bilello, Cacioppo, and Cardino.
