Fermo and Siena

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
Post Reply
Anizio
Elite
Elite
Posts: 454
Joined: 12 Oct 2014, 22:37
Location: Canada

Fermo and Siena

Post by Anizio »

Hello, I just found out from a cousin that some of our family come from Siena and Fermo starting in the Napoleonic Era.

Siena: Cavallini, Porciani, and possibly Manganelli and Mazzeschi
Fermo: Galli

I am just wondering if there are any sources of genealogical information for these towns?

For Fermo I have found absolutely nothing anywhere.
For Siena I know there is a Stato delle Anime online from 1767, and antenati has indexes for 1816-1865, but they do not actually have any acts making potential family members I find hard to be sure of without the full record.

Thanks!
TIP: When asking for records from Italy, do NOT ask for an "estratto." ALWAYS ask for a "copia integrale." A photocopy of the original Act will contain more information
Post Reply