Stefano Crisafulli

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
Posts: 9334
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: Stefano Crisafulli

Post by adelfio »

Heres the family history library link to civil records of Itala province of Messina
PG LINK
https://familysearch.org/search/image/i ... %3D1887904

In searching Italian civil records you have birth(nati) death(morte) marriage (matrimoni) by year most go from 1866-1910 some towns have other years. Indexes are found at the beginning or end of the year you are searching by index number and surname.There are also multi year indexes which combine 5 or 10 years of indexes.
So most of the time just look in the index for the name you are are searching for in that year you are searching then find the index number and go back and find the record with that number on it.
Sometimes there are no indexes at all then its page by page search by year but just because one year has no index doesn’t mean all years don’t have a index
Births have 3 records per image most of the time marriages have 2 records per image deaths have 4 images per image sometimes records are single pages depends how they were photographed by the FHL Family History Library
Babies are born then presented to the civil official of the town usually within a few days of birth for entry in the birth registry that’s why the difference in dates on the record If there is a problem and they cant register the birth act until much later they are entered in the Parte 2 for that year usually in the rear of the records and that record is usually handwritten. Sometimes there are sidenotes with marriage or death information or if the act has a mistake in it a correction to those mistakes
Marriage records include birth town, ages, occupations, parents names and if they are deceased which is very helpful in record searching
Death records have the age of deceased also the parents names and if they were married and to whom and usually town of birth usually not the cause of death
Civil records are signed by the civil official and 2 witnesses not usually family members
The indexes for the churches in Italy of baptism and marriage and death are arranged by first name first (later years last name first) by year and date of the act and page and record number. Just find your person in the index and go back to the records to find the act you

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Stefano Crisafulli

Post by Tessa78 »

Here is a link to Italian Records Extraction Guide to help you read the Italian documennts :-)

https://cfhg.byu.edu/Downloads/Italian_ ... efault.htm

T.
User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
Posts: 9334
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: Stefano Crisafulli

Post by adelfio »

From the family book of Crisafulli the children of Stefano Crisafulli (son of Antonino Crisafulli and Lucia Arcovito) if you want the birth records just look them up on the family history link you have the dates now

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=1887904

Stefano Crisafulli and Grazia Deluca (marriage Sept 2 1873) there children
Antonino Crisafulli born May 5th 1874

Stefano Crisafulli and Carmela Crisafulli (marriage Nov 4th 1879) there children
Giuseppe Crisafulli born Nov 8th 1880 in Itala
Pietro Crisafulli born May 12 1882 died July 12th 1883 in Itala
Lucia Crisafulli born Oct 20th 1884 married Francesco Cannestraci Feb 14th 1914 in Itala
Stefano Crisafulli born Jan 1st 1886 in Itala
Concetta Crisafulli born Feb 20th 1887 died Oct 24th 1887 in Itala
Nunzia Crisafulli born July 4th 1888 died July 20th in Itala
Pietro Crisafulli born July 4th 1888 (twin) died in Messina
Nunzia Crisafulli born Mar 25 1890 in Itala married Sebastiano Trusso(son of Antonino) in America Dec 29th 1912
Letterio Crisafulli born Feb 23rd 1893 in Itala
Achille Crisafulli born Sept 9th 1894 died Jan 16 1897 in Itala
Grazia Crisafulli born Nov 30th 1897 died April 14th 1904 in Itala
Carlo Crisafulli no information

PG LINK
http://www.crisafulli.de/Genealogia/enlfr.htm?43

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
User avatar
mmogno
Master
Master
Posts: 4676
Joined: 14 Mar 2016, 22:29

Re: Stefano Crisafulli

Post by mmogno »

Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦
🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
QwertyO
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 21
Joined: 08 May 2017, 18:01
Location: Sacramento, CA

Re: Stefano Crisafulli

Post by QwertyO »

Oh my goodness...I want to cry with happiness. Thank you so much! Today is an easy day for me so I am going to take some time and read all the information this group has given me in much depth. I am going to print it, write it out and log it all. I am going to learn from it all and hopefully get better at this. My husband and I would like to take a trip to Italy to visit the places of our ancestors sometime in the next few years and this information along with your help is going to make that trip, if we are able to go, so much more personal. I can't thank you all enough.
QwertyO
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 21
Joined: 08 May 2017, 18:01
Location: Sacramento, CA

Re: Stefano Crisafulli

Post by QwertyO »

I have to say, you all have helped me a lot more than the Family History Library did both with research and with information. I visited the OC branch with my mom a few weeks back trying to find this information and they couldn't find any more than I had already. I feel like the helper I had was pretty new. I have also purchased some books to use for reference and I haven't explored this website beyond posting here so will do that as well. By the time I get to the other branches (no more Stefanos!) I am hoping to be able to do better searches. :)

In your experience is it easier to just finish one branch of the tree and then move to the next or do you get so frustrated with one that you move to another? I have two more Italian branches on my fathers side (also a bunch if I do my husbands side) but I also have Mexican and Portuguese. I find that I skip back and forth when I get "stuck" but maybe that isn't the best way? I want to be efficient because I feel this is going to take a really long time. :)
User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
Posts: 9334
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: Stefano Crisafulli

Post by adelfio »

You have a lot of info in this book learn how to use it and extract all of it you have a gold mine of info

From the family book of Crisafulli the children of Giacinto Crisafulli (son of Antonino Crisafulli and Lucia Arcovito) he is the brother of Stefano Crisafulli

Giacinto Crisafulli born Dec 14th 1858 died May 26th 1929 in Itala he married Concetta Briguglio born 1864 died 1910 in Itala daughter of Francesco Briguglio and Rosaria Impallomeni here are there there children

Antonino Crisafulli no info
Antonino Crisafulli born Mar 4th 1886 died Mar 25th 1956 in itala
Lucia Crisafulli born May 7th 1889 in Itala married Pasquale Menessai in Messina
Francesco Crisafulli born Mar 5th 1891 in Itala
Carmelo Crisafulli no info
Stefano Crisafulli born April 9th 1899 in Itala

PG LINK
http://www.crisafulli.de/Genealogia/enlfr.htm?43

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
QwertyO
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 21
Joined: 08 May 2017, 18:01
Location: Sacramento, CA

Re: Stefano Crisafulli

Post by QwertyO »

I just made it to the picture page!! I don't know who they all are but I love them already! I hope that the Frank who was inquiring before is still watching this thread. His Francesco may have just popped up.
QwertyO
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 21
Joined: 08 May 2017, 18:01
Location: Sacramento, CA

Re: Stefano Crisafulli

Post by QwertyO »

I have been trying to post to this page for two days and it didn't work so, hopefully, today it will. I just wanted to again thank all of you for helping me out. If my husband and I ever get to Sicily this will make the trip all that more meaningful. I am learning a lot about my ancestors and Italian history. I transcribed that entire Crisafulli book, will enter it into the Ancestry tree then on to the next branch.

I have pictures of my great grandparents and grandparents that are professionally done and very nice. How do I share those in case someone else is looking for them? I want to help as you all have helped me. :)
Post Reply