Maccarone & Chariello surnames
- go2thebeach
- Newbie

- Posts: 1
- Joined: 17 Jul 2004, 00:00
Maccarone & Chariello surnames
Hi everyone! I just joined today in the hopes that I can find some info. about 2 of my great-grandparents: Girolamo Maccarone & Vincenza Chariello. I believe they were from the town of Caserta, in the province of Caserta, in Campania. Has anyone ever heard of these surnames? Thanks!
Re: Maccarone & Chariello surnames
I suspect that your surname Chariello is incorrect or,at best,unusual since there are 48 Chiariello and no Chariello in Caserta or the prfovince ore the region currently residing there today. There are several maccarone,however and if you go to www.paginebianche.it and p;ut int he surnames (one at a time) and then insert Caserta for the town and CE for vcaserta and the province of Caserta then click CERCA for the listingsd by name address and telephone numbers. I trust that you checked out www.ellisisland.org for their arrivals into the USA as immigrants and there you may pick up the actual spelling if it has been changed or altered after entry. It just may be that this is the corrct spelling but not likely. Peter
Re: Maccarone & Chariello surnames
A great concentration of Maccarone names are found in the province of Caserta. especially on the northern part touching Molise and Lazio provinces. A great numbers are around the towns situated on/in the extinted volcano of Roccamonfina... comune like Conca della Campania (were my family originated), Gallucio, Teano etc.
My father Isidoro Maccarone immigrated in America in 1900, the year after moved to Montreal. In circa 1906 brought is brothers Antonio (b. 1883-1962) and young Giovanni (john)(b. versa 1889-d.1962) not long after Giovanni moved to Jersey City.
My father maried in Italy circa 1907-1910 Giovanna Caruso from same town. Antonio maried Anna Arditi, and my uncle John maried Concetta (?di salvo)
Anyone feels familiar let me know since I go to the ancestor village every 3-4 year.
My father Isidoro Maccarone immigrated in America in 1900, the year after moved to Montreal. In circa 1906 brought is brothers Antonio (b. 1883-1962) and young Giovanni (john)(b. versa 1889-d.1962) not long after Giovanni moved to Jersey City.
My father maried in Italy circa 1907-1910 Giovanna Caruso from same town. Antonio maried Anna Arditi, and my uncle John maried Concetta (?di salvo)
Anyone feels familiar let me know since I go to the ancestor village every 3-4 year.
Re: Maccarone & Chariello surnames
Are you hoping to connect with others researching these same families, or in need of US records? Italian records?I just joined today in the hopes that I can find some info. about 2 of my great-grandparents: Girolamo Maccarone & Vincenza Chariello.
wldspirit
___________________________
"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
Re: Maccarone & Chariello surnames
Hi there! I am related to Chiariellos (spelled with 2 i's) -- I wonder if we're related. I believe my Chiariellos were from San Gregorio Magno also in the Campania region.
Re: Maccarone & Chariello surnames
My great grandmother was Filomena Maccarone. She married Guistino Mennilli. They lived in Bucchianico, Chieti, Abbruzzo. Any possible connection/relationship?


