Finding records in San Gregorio Magno

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
samdemuro
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: 31 May 2017, 00:19

Finding records in San Gregorio Magno

Post by samdemuro »

Hey all,

I am so appreciate of all your help so far. Does anyone know of a way to find records for San Gregorio Magno? I contacted the comune directly and they were only able to help me with my male ancestors. Did folks not keep track of the women? I am specifically looking for birth records or marriage records of:

Margherita Speziale (not totally sure but I believe born in San Gregorio Magno) to Agostino Chiariello

Assunta, Margherita and Rosa Chiariello (born in San Gregorio Magno) to Agostino Chiariello and Margherita Speziale.

Any ideas on how to proceed?
User avatar
mmogno
Master
Master
Posts: 4676
Joined: 14 Mar 2016, 22:29

Re: Finding records in San Gregorio Magno

Post by mmogno »

Date?
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦
🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
Posts: 9334
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: Finding records in San Gregorio Magno

Post by adelfio »

Did you contact the Archivio di stato di Salerno online which has only the military enlistment registration by birthyear for males or the comune di San Gregorio Magno

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
samdemuro
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: 31 May 2017, 00:19

Re: Finding records in San Gregorio Magno

Post by samdemuro »

Unfortunately I don't have the date for their marriage, or their births.

However, I know that the Chiariello men were born in the late 1800's, which means their sisters (Assunta, Rosa and Margherita) would have to be born around the same time as well, or at least between 1875-1890. Is there a place I can search through the books online?
Post Reply