Palermo, Sicily Uff. 1 D'Angelo Assistance

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
corrigandj
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: 28 Jun 2017, 22:34

Palermo, Sicily Uff. 1 D'Angelo Assistance

Post by corrigandj »

Hello,

I am researching a Giuseppe D'Angelo, who was married to an Antonina Baiamonte sometime around 1900, i believe in Palermo. My goal is to locate the marriage certificate so I can verify the names of his parents.

Some clues I have include:

Antonina, his wife, was born on June 13, 1879 per Palermo Birth Indices, Citta

His oldest daughter, Francesca, was born on November 18, 1901 per Palermo Birth Indices, Uff 1

His second daughter, Giuseppina, was born on October 18, 1901 per Palermo Birth Indices, Uff 1

I believe he had a brother named Filippo, per a reference made in a ship manifest

I believe his birthday is August 4, 1879 per his citizenship papers with the united states after emmigrating from Italy.

The above indices lead me to believe that I should be looking at Palermo records for marriages around 1900 and specifically in the section of Uff. 1, since all records found to date show his presence in that area.

My issue is that I have searched and searched through palermo civil record images on Familysearch.com but cannot find records for Uff. 1 in the years around 1900. I wonder if they were misplaced or not present. This goes for both marriage records and birth records for either of his daughters.

So my question is, does anyone know if there are Palermo records for the Uff. 1 office around 1900? If not, I am open to any other ideas.

Grazie Mille
Post Reply