Paul Certa Mariage record

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Post Reply
anthianl
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: 09 Jan 2017, 05:49

Paul Certa Mariage record

Post by anthianl »

and I have another record that i think is in Italian, dating from 26 November 1892, but the scan is very rough

I know it is Paul Certa (parents Alberto and Gilardi Brigitta) marrying Marie Concepta Vitiello (parents Salvatore and Jacone Maria)

Is there anything else on this document that is readable?

Thanks,
Loic
Attachments
scale.jpeg
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Paul Certa Mariage record

Post by Tessa78 »

This record is in Latin.
Dated 26 November 1892
Banns of marriage were made on 30 October, and 6 and 13 of November.
Paolo Certa with Maria Concepta Vitiello
He is the son of Alberto Certa and Brigitta Gilardi
She is the daughter of Salvatore Vitiello and Maria Iacone

T.
anthianl
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: 09 Jan 2017, 05:49

Re: Paul Certa Mariage record

Post by anthianl »

Tessa,

Again thank you for your time. Do you think it is Iacone or "Jacone"? Actually other records show her as Jacono

I'm not sure how the capital letters "I" or "J" are actually written at this time. From my French background, it looks like a "J", but I may be mistaking

Cheers from Utah,
Loic
dpgalante
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: 01 Sep 2011, 22:03
Location: Philadelphia

Re: Paul Certa Mariage record

Post by dpgalante »

anthianl wrote: 01 Jul 2017, 06:59 Tessa,

Again thank you for your time. Do you think it is Iacone or "Jacone"? Actually other records show her as Jacono

I'm not sure how the capital letters "I" or "J" are actually written at this time. From my French background, it looks like a "J", but I may be mistaking

Cheers from Utah,
Loic
It looks like a J to me but in terms of Latin, J and I are interchangeable and pronounced the same.
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Paul Certa Mariage record

Post by Tessa78 »

There is no "J" in the Italian alphabet. This is a "long i" which came to be used as we use a "j" --- so they are somewhat interchangeable. :-)

T.
Post Reply