Looking for sibs for Pietro D'Anna from Cefalu, Sicily
-
MelNorris9760
- Rookie

- Posts: 60
- Joined: 14 Oct 2012, 01:54
Looking for sibs for Pietro D'Anna from Cefalu, Sicily
If I may ask, I am looking for some birth announcements for siblings of Pietro D'Anna born in Cefalu, Sicily. Pietro was born May 3 1862 to farmer Francesco D'Anna (36) in Via Maddalena by Rosa Cicero (24) his wife.
Thank you for anyone who can help...and please let me know if I can give any more information that may help find the names of some of his siblings.
Thank you for anyone who can help...and please let me know if I can give any more information that may help find the names of some of his siblings.
Re: Looking for sibs for Pietro D'Anna from Cefalu, Sicily
Hi I did some extension researching on your D'Anna family born in Cefalu looking through marriage records both male and female did find Pietro D'Anna son of Francesco D'Anna and Rosa Cicero marriage record but not siblings is it possible that Francesco D'Anna remarried or they moved to a different town
Marriage record of Pietro D'Anna and Provvidenza Concetta D'Angelo
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=1947613
Marty
Marriage record of Pietro D'Anna and Provvidenza Concetta D'Angelo
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=1947613
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
-
MelNorris9760
- Rookie

- Posts: 60
- Joined: 14 Oct 2012, 01:54
Re: Looking for sibs for Pietro D'Anna from Cefalu, Sicily
Thank you so much Marty for Pietro and Providenza's marriage record. I don't know if they moved to a different town, but I do know that both Pietro and Providenza Concetta died in Baltimore. I don't know when they arrived in the US or if they came here together.
I was trying to find out when they got here, but have only been able to find their son Francesco's (or Frank's) wife's Jeantte Concetina D'Angelo's ship manifest, she traveled with her father Angelo D'Angelo and her sister Maria. I believe Frank D'Anna may have lived in New Orleans for awhile after they emigrated, but Francesco (Frank) lived together in Baltimore with Jeanette Concentina his wife who arrived in the US Feb 15 1920 as it says in a 1930 Baltimore census and her manifest.
Can you find any siblings of Francesco (Frank) D'Anna that were born in Italy to Pietro D'Anna and Concetina D'Angelo? It may help me determine when Pietro and Providenza Concetta came to the US and where they may have gone, either New Orleans or Baltimore possibly.
I was trying to find out when they got here, but have only been able to find their son Francesco's (or Frank's) wife's Jeantte Concetina D'Angelo's ship manifest, she traveled with her father Angelo D'Angelo and her sister Maria. I believe Frank D'Anna may have lived in New Orleans for awhile after they emigrated, but Francesco (Frank) lived together in Baltimore with Jeanette Concentina his wife who arrived in the US Feb 15 1920 as it says in a 1930 Baltimore census and her manifest.
Can you find any siblings of Francesco (Frank) D'Anna that were born in Italy to Pietro D'Anna and Concetina D'Angelo? It may help me determine when Pietro and Providenza Concetta came to the US and where they may have gone, either New Orleans or Baltimore possibly.
Re: Looking for sibs for Pietro D'Anna from Cefalu, Sicily
Birth record of Francesco D'Anna
INDEX#5
1895 Jan 1st in the town of Cefalu birth of Francesco D'Anna son of Pietro D'Anna age 32 and Provvidenza Concetta D'Angelo
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=1947613
Birth record of Rosa D'Anna
INDEX#112
1896 Mar 16th in the town of Cefalu birth of Rosa D'Anna daughter of Pietro D'Anna age 33 and Provvidenza D'Angelo
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=1947613
Birth record of Vincenzo D'Anna
INDEX#105
1895 Jan 1st in the town of Cefalu birth of Vincenzo D'Anna son of Pietro D'Anna age 35 and Provvidenza Concetta D'Angelo age 24
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=1947613
Marty
INDEX#5
1895 Jan 1st in the town of Cefalu birth of Francesco D'Anna son of Pietro D'Anna age 32 and Provvidenza Concetta D'Angelo
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=1947613
Birth record of Rosa D'Anna
INDEX#112
1896 Mar 16th in the town of Cefalu birth of Rosa D'Anna daughter of Pietro D'Anna age 33 and Provvidenza D'Angelo
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=1947613
Birth record of Vincenzo D'Anna
INDEX#105
1895 Jan 1st in the town of Cefalu birth of Vincenzo D'Anna son of Pietro D'Anna age 35 and Provvidenza Concetta D'Angelo age 24
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=1947613
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
-
MelNorris9760
- Rookie

- Posts: 60
- Joined: 14 Oct 2012, 01:54
Re: Looking for sibs for Pietro D'Anna from Cefalu, Sicily
Marty, thank you so much! This is very helpful in providing proof for me of the family I am researching. I do have a question about one of the records you found above...the Vincenzo D'Anna birth record date looks like it might be April...I can't read Italian, but maybe you could look at that one above and confirm the date of April ________ I think you may have put the date for Francesco in the translation for me above.
The names below are possibly other children of Pietro. I don't know for sure though, so if you come across any other birth records, I would be grateful. I don't expect you to look for all these, but just showing you what I have and what I suspect. It seems like so many children in such a short time, but I guess it is possible. The Phillip Salvadore name is especially odd because the info I found says he was born in Palermo, which is odd because the others seem to be born in Cefalu...
Lena b.1903
Estella b.1904
Salvatore b. 1905
Joseph b.1907
Marietta b. abt 1908
Phillip Salvadore b. 3 Mar 1908
Peter b. 1911
Anna b.1912
Josephine b. 1913
Jack b. 1915
Thank you again!
The names below are possibly other children of Pietro. I don't know for sure though, so if you come across any other birth records, I would be grateful. I don't expect you to look for all these, but just showing you what I have and what I suspect. It seems like so many children in such a short time, but I guess it is possible. The Phillip Salvadore name is especially odd because the info I found says he was born in Palermo, which is odd because the others seem to be born in Cefalu...
Lena b.1903
Estella b.1904
Salvatore b. 1905
Joseph b.1907
Marietta b. abt 1908
Phillip Salvadore b. 3 Mar 1908
Peter b. 1911
Anna b.1912
Josephine b. 1913
Jack b. 1915
Thank you again!
Re: Looking for sibs for Pietro D'Anna from Cefalu, Sicily
Sorry about that I copied and paste that it is 1898 april 5th you are correct
Marty
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
Re: Looking for sibs for Pietro D'Anna from Cefalu, Sicily
I think they were born in the USA
Lena b.1903
PG LINK 1930 census
https://www.ancestry.com/interactive/62 ... 0995/facts
Estella b.1904
Salvatore b. 1905
Joseph b.1907
Marietta b. abt 1908
Phillip Salvadore b. 3 Mar 1908
Peter b. 1911
Anna b.1912
Josephine b. 1913
Jack b. 1915
Marty
Lena b.1903
PG LINK 1930 census
https://www.ancestry.com/interactive/62 ... 0995/facts
Estella b.1904
Salvatore b. 1905
Joseph b.1907
Marietta b. abt 1908
Phillip Salvadore b. 3 Mar 1908
Peter b. 1911
Anna b.1912
Josephine b. 1913
Jack b. 1915
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
-
MelNorris9760
- Rookie

- Posts: 60
- Joined: 14 Oct 2012, 01:54
Re: Looking for sibs for Pietro D'Anna from Cefalu, Sicily
Thanks again, Marty. I appreciate the translation!
I think the family on the census you showed me may be the children of Salvatore b. 1905 in my list above. I have a census that shows that the family I am questioning were all born in Italy.
See if my link opens it for you...
https://www.ancestry.com/interactive/60 ... dit/record
I think the family on the census you showed me may be the children of Salvatore b. 1905 in my list above. I have a census that shows that the family I am questioning were all born in Italy.
See if my link opens it for you...
https://www.ancestry.com/interactive/60 ... dit/record
Re: Looking for sibs for Pietro D'Anna from Cefalu, Sicily
I looked in Cefalu no birth records 1900-1906 of any of them Im pretty sure they were born in Louisanna 1920 census is a typo
Lena Danna
United States Census, 1910
Name Lena Danna
Event Type Census
Event Date 1910
Event Place Police Jury Ward 7, Ascension, Louisiana, United States
Gender Female
Age 7
Marital Status Single
Race White
Race (Original) White
Relationship to Head of Household Daughter
Relationship to Head of Household (Original) Daughter
Birth Year (Estimated) 1903
Birthplace Louisiana
Father's Birthplace Italy
Mother's Birthplace Italy
Sheet Letter B
Sheet Number 28
Household
Role
Sex
Age
Birthplace
Peter Danna Head M 48 Italy
Tulina Danna Wife F 36 Italy
Frank Danna Son M 15 Italy
Charley Danna Son M 12 Louisiana
Lena Danna Daughter F 7 Louisiana
Sam Danna Son M 5 Louisiana
Carrie Danna Daughter F 3 Louisiana
Peter Danna Son M 2 Louisiana
Telie Danna Daughter F 1 Louisiana
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=1727033
Marty
Lena Danna
United States Census, 1910
Name Lena Danna
Event Type Census
Event Date 1910
Event Place Police Jury Ward 7, Ascension, Louisiana, United States
Gender Female
Age 7
Marital Status Single
Race White
Race (Original) White
Relationship to Head of Household Daughter
Relationship to Head of Household (Original) Daughter
Birth Year (Estimated) 1903
Birthplace Louisiana
Father's Birthplace Italy
Mother's Birthplace Italy
Sheet Letter B
Sheet Number 28
Household
Role
Sex
Age
Birthplace
Peter Danna Head M 48 Italy
Tulina Danna Wife F 36 Italy
Frank Danna Son M 15 Italy
Charley Danna Son M 12 Louisiana
Lena Danna Daughter F 7 Louisiana
Sam Danna Son M 5 Louisiana
Carrie Danna Daughter F 3 Louisiana
Peter Danna Son M 2 Louisiana
Telie Danna Daughter F 1 Louisiana
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=1727033
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
-
MelNorris9760
- Rookie

- Posts: 60
- Joined: 14 Oct 2012, 01:54
Re: Looking for sibs for Pietro D'Anna from Cefalu, Sicily
Thanks for checking, I guess maybe they were in the US by then.
This Louisiana 1910 census still makes me suspicious though, some of the people match up, but some of them don't, and for the ones that don't, it seems like a rather large leap in difference for the names if they are just typos... for instance, Charlie born in 1898 is not a name that is recognizable anywhere else, and Telie is also a name that I can't relate to any of the other names. Do you really think this is the same family? Even the wife's name of Tulina doesn't seem to match Concetta Providenza in the slightest. What are your thoughts?
This Louisiana 1910 census still makes me suspicious though, some of the people match up, but some of them don't, and for the ones that don't, it seems like a rather large leap in difference for the names if they are just typos... for instance, Charlie born in 1898 is not a name that is recognizable anywhere else, and Telie is also a name that I can't relate to any of the other names. Do you really think this is the same family? Even the wife's name of Tulina doesn't seem to match Concetta Providenza in the slightest. What are your thoughts?
Re: Looking for sibs for Pietro D'Anna from Cefalu, Sicily
I think this the right 1930 census I think there are a couple of Pietro D Anna families and the 1910 census is correct also
Peter Danna in the 1930 United States Federal Census
Name:
Peter Danna
Birth Year:
abt 1914
Gender:
Male
Race:
White
Birthplace:
Louisiana
Marital Status:
Single
Relation to Head of House:
Son
Home in 1930:
Police Jury Ward 6, Tangipahoa, Louisiana
Map of Home:
View Map
Dwelling Number:
339
Family Number:
420
Attended School:
Yes
Able to Read and Write:
Yes
Father's Birthplace:
Italy
Mother's Birthplace:
Italy
Able to Speak English:
Yes
Occupation:
Labor
Industry:
Truck Farm
Class of Worker:
Unpaid worker, member of the family
Employment:
Yes
Peter Danna 60
Marie Danna 55
Charlie Danna 30
Jim Danna 20
Annie Danna 17
Peter Danna 16
Joe Danna 14
Lena Danna 12
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=1810731
Marty
Peter Danna in the 1930 United States Federal Census
Name:
Peter Danna
Birth Year:
abt 1914
Gender:
Male
Race:
White
Birthplace:
Louisiana
Marital Status:
Single
Relation to Head of House:
Son
Home in 1930:
Police Jury Ward 6, Tangipahoa, Louisiana
Map of Home:
View Map
Dwelling Number:
339
Family Number:
420
Attended School:
Yes
Able to Read and Write:
Yes
Father's Birthplace:
Italy
Mother's Birthplace:
Italy
Able to Speak English:
Yes
Occupation:
Labor
Industry:
Truck Farm
Class of Worker:
Unpaid worker, member of the family
Employment:
Yes
Peter Danna 60
Marie Danna 55
Charlie Danna 30
Jim Danna 20
Annie Danna 17
Peter Danna 16
Joe Danna 14
Lena Danna 12
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=1810731
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
-
MelNorris9760
- Rookie

- Posts: 60
- Joined: 14 Oct 2012, 01:54
Re: Looking for sibs for Pietro D'Anna from Cefalu, Sicily
Thank you again, Marty.
Do you think you can translate the marriage announcement you found me from above of Pietro and Concetta Providenza? I can only make out October... sorry to be a pain.
Marriage record of Pietro D'Anna and Provvidenza Concetta D'Angelo
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=1947613
Do you think you can translate the marriage announcement you found me from above of Pietro and Concetta Providenza? I can only make out October... sorry to be a pain.
Marriage record of Pietro D'Anna and Provvidenza Concetta D'Angelo
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=1947613
Re: Looking for sibs for Pietro D'Anna from Cefalu, Sicily
No problem here you go anytime
Marriage record of Pietro D'Anna and Provvidenza Concetta D'Angelo
INDEX#140
1893 Oct 27th in the town of Cefalu the marriage of Pietro D'Anna age 31 single born and resides in Cefalu son of Francesco D'Anna and Rosa Cicero married Provvidenza Concetta D'Angelo age 20 single born and resides in Cefalu daughter of Vincenzo D'Angelo and Antonia D'Antoni
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=1947613
Marty
Marriage record of Pietro D'Anna and Provvidenza Concetta D'Angelo
INDEX#140
1893 Oct 27th in the town of Cefalu the marriage of Pietro D'Anna age 31 single born and resides in Cefalu son of Francesco D'Anna and Rosa Cicero married Provvidenza Concetta D'Angelo age 20 single born and resides in Cefalu daughter of Vincenzo D'Angelo and Antonia D'Antoni
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=1947613
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
-
MelNorris9760
- Rookie

- Posts: 60
- Joined: 14 Oct 2012, 01:54
Re: Looking for sibs for Pietro D'Anna from Cefalu, Sicily
Thanks so much for this Marty. I appreciate it!
-
therealdanna
- Newbie

- Posts: 2
- Joined: 07 Dec 2020, 01:26
Re: Looking for sibs for Pietro D'Anna from Cefalu, Sicily
Hi there can I ask why you’re interested in the history of the D’Annas?
I believe this is my family you researched in 2017
I believe this is my family you researched in 2017
