My great great grandmother was named Marie Champ. She was born on March 25, 1871, in Italy. My great great grandfather (name unknown) passed away before Marie departed for the United States. Marie remarried a gentleman named Anthony Gallucci. So on to my questions . . .
Could you help me find the name and birth place of my great great grandfather with the little bit of info provided?
Also, Champ is actually a French surname. I'm aware that Italy borders France in the North, but my family is from Campania. Since Champ was Marie's maiden name and she used her married name, it wasn't shortened upon arrival to the United States UNLESS her brothers shortened it. I'm not sure (obviously)
So my second question - Is Champ common anywhere in Italy? (My thoughts are that she may have been born in a Northern region.) Icing on the cake would be finding her birth information.
I deeply appreciate any help. Thank you!



