Vital records and NARA searches

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
Italy9
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: 24 Jan 2017, 23:51

Vital records and NARA searches

Post by Italy9 »

Thanks for all the info on here
Two questions:
1. Collecting certified vital records but have noticed a few name discrepancies- do I move forward with having those documents translated and apostilled, or must I have them amended first.... I am not sure about the process to have documents amended
2. My searches with NARA have resulted in no records found. From these searches, I have received only emails from NARA stating the results of the search. Are these emails what I show at the consulate appt if asked?
Thank you.
Post Reply