Italian Roots Help
Re: Italian Roots Help
Death record of Clemente Forgione (father of Felice Forgione)
INDEX#1
1875 Jan 3rd in the town of Gesualdo province of Avellino death of Clemente Forgione age 65 farmer born in Gesualdo son of deceased Pasquale Forgione and deceased Angiola Trunfio he was married to Rosa Caputo
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043434
Marty
INDEX#1
1875 Jan 3rd in the town of Gesualdo province of Avellino death of Clemente Forgione age 65 farmer born in Gesualdo son of deceased Pasquale Forgione and deceased Angiola Trunfio he was married to Rosa Caputo
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043434
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
Re: Italian Roots Help
This is great info! Thanks! Last night someone on Ancestry found a couple more documents, but, they were really dark. I had to have help figuring out the translation. It mentioned Clemente's parents as being Pasquale Forgione and Angiola Trunfio. Nothing on the Caputo family, yet. If you want me to post them, let me know.
I also found information about the Carrabs family. The problem is that there aren't any sources. Check this thread out:
https://www.ancestry.com/boards/localit ... .1/mb.ashx
Everything seems to match to what little I have for Guiseppe Carrabs and up. But, like I said. I need sources.
I also found information about the Carrabs family. The problem is that there aren't any sources. Check this thread out:
https://www.ancestry.com/boards/localit ... .1/mb.ashx
Everything seems to match to what little I have for Guiseppe Carrabs and up. But, like I said. I need sources.
Re: Italian Roots Help
Here are the sources. I had someone here translate them. But, like I said....It was REALLY dark. Lightening them up in Paint didn't work.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Re: Italian Roots Help
First image is :
Marriage of Clemente Forgione and Maria Rosa Caputo
INDEX#28
1848 Nov 29th in the town of Gesualdo province of Avellino marriage of Clemente Forgione (widower)age 48 farmer born in Gesualdo son of deceased Pasquale Forgione and deceased Angiola Trunfio he was married to Maria Rosa Caputo (widow)age 42 farmer born in Gesualdo daughter of deceased Giovanni Caputo and deceased Angiola Dragone??
CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE
Marty
Marriage of Clemente Forgione and Maria Rosa Caputo
INDEX#28
1848 Nov 29th in the town of Gesualdo province of Avellino marriage of Clemente Forgione (widower)age 48 farmer born in Gesualdo son of deceased Pasquale Forgione and deceased Angiola Trunfio he was married to Maria Rosa Caputo (widow)age 42 farmer born in Gesualdo daughter of deceased Giovanni Caputo and deceased Angiola Dragone??
CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE
Marty
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
Re: Italian Roots Help
2nd record is the 1844 marriage of Marcello Carrabs and Maria Teresa??? Caputo age 28 daughter of deceased Giovanni Caputo and Angiola Dragone same parents looks like a sister of Maria Rosa Caputo (looks like Angiola Dragone died between 1844-1848 according to the marriage records)
Marty
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
Re: Italian Roots Help
Hmm. Dragone appears elsewhere on my family tree. She lived in the 1780s, though and was married to FranciscoAntonio Carrabs. Would like to find sources for the Carrabs side. Raymalene Perry never responded to my message. She was the one who made the post about the Carrabs.
Thank you!
Thank you!
Re: Italian Roots Help
I've been told that to find more info on the Forgiones, I would need to go to a family center at the nearest library or wait until the records come online in 2020. Interesting options. Thanks for all your help. Just need to sort out how this tree is gonna look.
Looking up the Carrabs side should be easier since Raymalene researched a lot of it. Problem is finding sources.
Looking up the Carrabs side should be easier since Raymalene researched a lot of it. Problem is finding sources.
Re: Italian Roots Help
Here we go
Marriage of Giuseppe Carrabse and Clementina Forgione
INDEX#5
1905 Mar 11th in the town of Gesualdo province of Avellino marriage of Giuseppe Carrabse age 23 farmer born and resides in Gesualdo son of Vincenzo Carrabse and Giovanna Capobianco married Clementina Forgione age 21 farmer born and resides in Gesualdo daughter of deceased Felice Forgione and Maria Luigia Penta
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043434
Birth record of Giuseppe Carrabse
INDEX#141
1882 Aug 25th in the town of Gesualdo province of Avellino birth of Giuseppe Carrabse son of Vincenzo Carrabse age 30 farmer and his wife Giovanna Capobianco
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043434
Marriage publication of Vincenzo Carrabse and Giovanna Maria Capobianco (The Capobianco were from Frigento)
INDEX#14
1880 Oct 25 in the town of Frigento province of Avellino marriage of Vincenzo Carrabs age 21 farmer born and resides in Gesualdo son of Alessandro Carrabse and Rosa Santamaria married to Giovanna Maria Capobianco age 25 born and resides in Frigento daughter of Angelo Maria Capobianco and Carmina Martone
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043434
Marty
Marriage of Giuseppe Carrabse and Clementina Forgione
INDEX#5
1905 Mar 11th in the town of Gesualdo province of Avellino marriage of Giuseppe Carrabse age 23 farmer born and resides in Gesualdo son of Vincenzo Carrabse and Giovanna Capobianco married Clementina Forgione age 21 farmer born and resides in Gesualdo daughter of deceased Felice Forgione and Maria Luigia Penta
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043434
Birth record of Giuseppe Carrabse
INDEX#141
1882 Aug 25th in the town of Gesualdo province of Avellino birth of Giuseppe Carrabse son of Vincenzo Carrabse age 30 farmer and his wife Giovanna Capobianco
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043434
Marriage publication of Vincenzo Carrabse and Giovanna Maria Capobianco (The Capobianco were from Frigento)
INDEX#14
1880 Oct 25 in the town of Frigento province of Avellino marriage of Vincenzo Carrabs age 21 farmer born and resides in Gesualdo son of Alessandro Carrabse and Rosa Santamaria married to Giovanna Maria Capobianco age 25 born and resides in Frigento daughter of Angelo Maria Capobianco and Carmina Martone
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043434
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
Re: Italian Roots Help
Looks good so far! Everything's matching up with what that lady posted ages ago. Thanks! Let me know if you find more. Is it me or does that area of Italy have a lot of farmers? Nothing wrong with it. Just noticing a lot of people in the area were farmers.
Do you think it's wise to extrapolate the birth years based on the marriages and other dates?
Do you think it's wise to extrapolate the birth years based on the marriages and other dates?
Re: Italian Roots Help
Ages on Italian records you can take with a grain of salt they give you a approximate year of birth gives you a starting point
Tommorow I am going to Family History Center If I have time I will look for info on the Forgione family in the earlier civil records
There were so many different type of farmers in Italy like sharecroppers tenant farmers that's why the info on the records was sometimes so iffy because they couldn't read or write
Do you have a tree? If so can I see it.
Just remember to verify your info on your researching
Marty
Tommorow I am going to Family History Center If I have time I will look for info on the Forgione family in the earlier civil records
There were so many different type of farmers in Italy like sharecroppers tenant farmers that's why the info on the records was sometimes so iffy because they couldn't read or write
Do you have a tree? If so can I see it.
Just remember to verify your info on your researching
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
Re: Italian Roots Help
Sure. The best tree I can show you is probably mine on Wikitree since you won't need an account:
https://www.wikitree.com/genealogy/Ferr ... ily-Tree-2
Click the arrows to see more. For example, here's the Forgione bit:
https://www.wikitree.com/genealogy/Forg ... ly-Tree-60
and the Carrabs:
https://www.wikitree.com/genealogy/Carr ... ily-Tree-3
The other half of my family tree goes to Quebecois people, Puritans and Colonial America.
Everything's well sourced. You can't make a profile on wikitree without sourcing it. I have trees on Ancestry, geni, wikitree, myheritage and FamilySearch.
I haven't had much luck with my Ferraiolos. That would take some doing to research.
The great thing about wikitree is that there is a forum which can help with the Colonial America and Quebec stuff. Not so helpful on the Italian genealogy, I'm afraid.
I haven't added much on the Forgiones, yet. But, I will once all the data's collected. Thank you for doing this! If you have questions about the tree, let me know.
As far as ages go, I just guessed. Like if someone is 54 at a certain date, I'll just subtract and get a rough estimate. Anyway, there's the tree. What do you think? Thanks for doing this, sir. =D
https://www.wikitree.com/genealogy/Ferr ... ily-Tree-2
Click the arrows to see more. For example, here's the Forgione bit:
https://www.wikitree.com/genealogy/Forg ... ly-Tree-60
and the Carrabs:
https://www.wikitree.com/genealogy/Carr ... ily-Tree-3
The other half of my family tree goes to Quebecois people, Puritans and Colonial America.
Everything's well sourced. You can't make a profile on wikitree without sourcing it. I have trees on Ancestry, geni, wikitree, myheritage and FamilySearch.
I haven't had much luck with my Ferraiolos. That would take some doing to research.
The great thing about wikitree is that there is a forum which can help with the Colonial America and Quebec stuff. Not so helpful on the Italian genealogy, I'm afraid.
I haven't added much on the Forgiones, yet. But, I will once all the data's collected. Thank you for doing this! If you have questions about the tree, let me know.
As far as ages go, I just guessed. Like if someone is 54 at a certain date, I'll just subtract and get a rough estimate. Anyway, there's the tree. What do you think? Thanks for doing this, sir. =D
Re: Italian Roots Help
Death record of Angelo Maria Capobianco (father of Giovanna Maria Capobianco )
INDEX#42
1898 May 1st in the town of Frigento province of Avellino in a house on strada Mattine the death of Angelo Maria Capobianco age 78 farmer born and resides in Frigento husband of the deceased Carmina Martone he was the son of deceased Giuseppe Capobianco and deceased Saveria Famiglietti
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043434
Marty
INDEX#42
1898 May 1st in the town of Frigento province of Avellino in a house on strada Mattine the death of Angelo Maria Capobianco age 78 farmer born and resides in Frigento husband of the deceased Carmina Martone he was the son of deceased Giuseppe Capobianco and deceased Saveria Famiglietti
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043434
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
Re: Italian Roots Help
Thanks! I just found those Capobianco profiles on FamilySearch. No sources attached, though.
https://www.familysearch.org/tree/#view ... e=27MJ-FPK
That was really fortunate. I just wish I had sources. I found a couple of hints on ancestry for a couple of people. They have files in GesualdoGenie.
Here's what the descriptions say in the hints:
Pasquale Forgione's death:
Birth: 1778
Death: 5 Nov 1824
Same date on the Forgione/Trunfio record.
For Angiola Trunfio, the photo hint for the death record says:
Angiola Trunfio
Birth 1784
Death December 11, 1838
The Forgione/Trunfio Marriage hint pic says the same thing.
I think that was a good lead. =) Happy hunting!
https://www.familysearch.org/tree/#view ... e=27MJ-FPK
That was really fortunate. I just wish I had sources. I found a couple of hints on ancestry for a couple of people. They have files in GesualdoGenie.
Here's what the descriptions say in the hints:
Pasquale Forgione's death:
Birth: 1778
Death: 5 Nov 1824
Same date on the Forgione/Trunfio record.
For Angiola Trunfio, the photo hint for the death record says:
Angiola Trunfio
Birth 1784
Death December 11, 1838
The Forgione/Trunfio Marriage hint pic says the same thing.
I think that was a good lead. =) Happy hunting!
Re: Italian Roots Help
Death record of Carmina Martone
INDEX#8
1894 Jan 13th in the town of Frigento province of Avellino in a house on strada Mattine death of Carmina Martone age 64 farmer born and resides in Frigento wife of Angelo Maria Capobianco she was the daughter of deceased Loreto Martone and Caterina Sasso
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043434
Marty
INDEX#8
1894 Jan 13th in the town of Frigento province of Avellino in a house on strada Mattine death of Carmina Martone age 64 farmer born and resides in Frigento wife of Angelo Maria Capobianco she was the daughter of deceased Loreto Martone and Caterina Sasso
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043434
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty

