Manifest - Departure / Arrival
Manifest - Departure / Arrival
Hello Community,
I have had much difficulty tracking information for my Great Uncle Melchiorre Cicchirillo. He was born on May 5, 1886, Palazzo Adriano, Sicily, Italy.
The only information I have is Melchiorre indicated that he came to the US with cousins around 1900-1903, he was about 15 years of age. Melchiorre, lived in Trinidad, Colorado, for about five years, before moving to Los Angeles, California.
I have been searching for over ten years trying to find the actual manifest and have been unable to find it. Ellis Island was opened in January of 1892 but he does not show up on their site. Perhaps someone at Italian genealogy can direct me as to how I can search for him on a passenger list.
In addition, my great uncle could not spell. I have seen on census that he spelled his first name Marchionni and Merioni. In addition, he may have traveled with family surnames of Basta, Glaviano, Ferrendelli and Santo.
Thank you for any help in this matter. Very much appreciated.
Janet
I have had much difficulty tracking information for my Great Uncle Melchiorre Cicchirillo. He was born on May 5, 1886, Palazzo Adriano, Sicily, Italy.
The only information I have is Melchiorre indicated that he came to the US with cousins around 1900-1903, he was about 15 years of age. Melchiorre, lived in Trinidad, Colorado, for about five years, before moving to Los Angeles, California.
I have been searching for over ten years trying to find the actual manifest and have been unable to find it. Ellis Island was opened in January of 1892 but he does not show up on their site. Perhaps someone at Italian genealogy can direct me as to how I can search for him on a passenger list.
In addition, my great uncle could not spell. I have seen on census that he spelled his first name Marchionni and Merioni. In addition, he may have traveled with family surnames of Basta, Glaviano, Ferrendelli and Santo.
Thank you for any help in this matter. Very much appreciated.
Janet
Re: Manifest - Departure / Arrival
In case you do not have it... here is his birth act from Palazzo Adriano in 1886
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2051639
T.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2051639
T.
Re: Manifest - Departure / Arrival
Birth act from 1886 #96
Related topic (Tessa previously found his birth act)
https://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/ ... 22#p263022
Related topic (Tessa previously found his birth act)
https://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/ ... 22#p263022
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
Re: Manifest - Departure / Arrival
Line 16, 1901 manifest arrival NYC 18 June on the Werra travelling with others from Palazzo Adriano. Joining uncle Nicolo Santo in Trinidad.
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
Re: Manifest - Departure / Arrival
Great find, Biff! 
His naturalization card from Colorado showed no port or year of arrival...
T.
His naturalization card from Colorado showed no port or year of arrival...
T.
Re: Manifest - Departure / Arrival
Thanks, T.
I used stevemorse and searched for sounds like first name "Melchiore' arrival NYC between 1892 to 1903. 196 hits, one of whch showed the town as Palagro for a Mellhiorre Ciccl.....Then used stevemorse to search ancestry for the Werra's arrival for first name Mel, last name Cic and there it was. I've used that technique successfully a number of times.
Biff
I used stevemorse and searched for sounds like first name "Melchiore' arrival NYC between 1892 to 1903. 196 hits, one of whch showed the town as Palagro for a Mellhiorre Ciccl.....Then used stevemorse to search ancestry for the Werra's arrival for first name Mel, last name Cic and there it was. I've used that technique successfully a number of times.
Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
Re: Manifest - Departure / Arrival
And it works beautifully!!!
Thanks for sharing, Biff
T.
Thanks for sharing, Biff
T.
Re: Manifest - Departure / Arrival
Thank you teresa78 and Biff83 for the birth information from Palazzo Adriano.
A great BIG THANK YOU to BIFF83, for finding Melchiorre Cicchirillo, Manifest Arrival to NYC. This is very exciting and makes me happy. My cousin's are going to be thrilled when I share this with them today.
Biff83, could you please attach the link to Melchiorre Manifest arrival? I am having trouble viewing in a large format, thank you.
This website is amazing and everyone is extremely helpful.
Again, thank you for all your assistance. Not just me, but I know my cousins thank you too.
Warm Regards,
Feeling Happy - Janet
A great BIG THANK YOU to BIFF83, for finding Melchiorre Cicchirillo, Manifest Arrival to NYC. This is very exciting and makes me happy. My cousin's are going to be thrilled when I share this with them today.
Biff83, could you please attach the link to Melchiorre Manifest arrival? I am having trouble viewing in a large format, thank you.
This website is amazing and everyone is extremely helpful.
Again, thank you for all your assistance. Not just me, but I know my cousins thank you too.
Warm Regards,
Feeling Happy - Janet
Re: Manifest - Departure / Arrival
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
Slava Ukraine! 
תחי ישראל
Re: Manifest - Departure / Arrival
Hi Biff83,
I was able to find Melchiorre Cicchirillo arrival Manifest on Ancestry. It now makes complete sense why I never was able to find his Manifest. Ancestry New York Passenger List 1820-1957, Date 1901>Jun>18 >Werra, because it isn't indexed. I was able to bookmark the image and can access it in Web Links.
Thank you,
Janet
I was able to find Melchiorre Cicchirillo arrival Manifest on Ancestry. It now makes complete sense why I never was able to find his Manifest. Ancestry New York Passenger List 1820-1957, Date 1901>Jun>18 >Werra, because it isn't indexed. I was able to bookmark the image and can access it in Web Links.
Thank you,
Janet
Re: Manifest - Departure / Arrival
Glad I could help.
Biff
Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
Re: Manifest - Departure / Arrival
Hi Mmogno,
Thank you for the link. I did you find it on ellis Island webpage? I tried every combination possible and no luck.
Thank you,
Palazzo
Thank you for the link. I did you find it on ellis Island webpage? I tried every combination possible and no luck.
Thank you,
Palazzo

