Looking for Agricultural Experiment Stations

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
Post Reply
February
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 87
Joined: 09 Jan 2014, 20:41

Looking for Agricultural Experiment Stations

Post by February »

Hi,

Does anyone know of Agricultural Experiment Stations (or something comparable) in Italy studying fig trees? Would there be a list somewhere? I'm looking for information on Sicilian figs.

Thanks for any help.
User avatar
parkergambino
Elite
Elite
Posts: 327
Joined: 06 Sep 2017, 17:28

Re: Looking for Agricultural Experiment Stations

Post by parkergambino »

Hi February,

Only because I've had some minor interaction with University of Palermo, I would aim you there. Unfortunately, the University's information on the web is not straightforward, at least for non-Italian speakers.

I would start with Christina Maria Bernardina Salmeri, the director of the Palermo Botanical Garden. (cristinamaria.salmeri@unipa.it). If this proves to be a dead end, maybe I can find an alternative.

Can you please shoot me an email at parkergambino@gmail.com regardless of the outcome? I'm new to the ItalGen site and I'm not sure every feature is working correctly for me. Thanks.

Parker
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Looking for Agricultural Experiment Stations

Post by suanj »

Hi,
a list of sicilian fig trees you can find here:
http://polliantichi.freeforumzone.com/d ... d=10556976
the names of fig trees are in sicilian

1 FICO FICA PALAMITANI
2 FICO I MENNU
3 FICO FICA TAVOLINU
4 FICO SUTTUNI
5 FICO BUGGISI
6 FICO FICA I PRACI
7 FICO FICA CATALANISCHI
8 FICO MOSICA
9 FICO BIFARARA
10 FICO MINNA DI VACCA
11 FICO CARCI CAMA'
12 FICO FICO ZICHECAI
13 FICO MINNI DI SCIAVA
14 FICO FICATTATA
15 FICO FICAZZARA BIANCA
16 FICO BIFARIGNA PAULINA
17 FICO GHISOTTA
18 FICO FICU NATALINA
19 FICO FICO TRE VOLTE
20 FICO FICO PITINISI
21 FICO SCAVUZZIFICO
22 FICO DOTTATO BIANCO
23 FICO CATINALISI NERO
24 FICO MULINCIANA VERDE
25 FICO ATTATO
26 FICO MESSINESE
27 FICO MUCCIUSA
28 FICO RATTAROLA
on the second page another sicilian fig tree:
FICO GIRADDIA
http://polliantichi.freeforumzone.com/d ... one.aspx/2
and some picture of sicilian figs

I believe that the administrator of this forum/topic can help you more..( nickname cirasa72)

to the 8th reply on this page of other topic http://polliantichi.freeforumzone.com/d ... d=11173061 it are the his phone number and email... http://polliantichi.freeforumzone.com/d ... d=11173061
February, this is the person that can help you.... send a email..
hoping helpful,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
February
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 87
Joined: 09 Jan 2014, 20:41

Re: Looking for Agricultural Experiment Stations

Post by February »

Thank you so much suanj! This information is terrific - you go above and beyond - as usual!
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Looking for Agricultural Experiment Stations

Post by suanj »

Happy to help you!
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
February
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 87
Joined: 09 Jan 2014, 20:41

Re: Looking for Agricultural Experiment Stations

Post by February »

Parker,

Thank you for taking the time to post; it's appreciated. I'm in the process of putting together an e-mail to the gentleman suanj mentioned, but if that doesn't work out, will contact Christina Maria Bernardina Salmeri at the University of Palermo.

Thanks again, and good luck on your family research.
Post Reply