Finding A Passenger List

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
demari18
Elite
Elite
Posts: 288
Joined: 21 Apr 2012, 15:12

Finding A Passenger List

Post by demari18 »

I have been having difficulty tracking information concerning my husband's grandfather Luigi Lorenzo. Recently I received information from Homeland Security indicated that he entered the US through New York on April 27th 1892. I have been trying to see the actual manifest and have been unable to find it. Ellis Island was opened in January of 1892 but he does not show up on their site. Perhaps someone at Italiangenealogy can direct me as to how I can search for him on a passenger list. I have many different birth dates for him but the date from Homeland Security indicates either April 20, 1871 or April 20, 1872. Thank you for any help in this matter. Family oral history related that he was born in Teano but many friends at this site as well as my own searching on Ancestry have not turned up a birth record for him as of yet. Thank you again. DeMari
User avatar
Palazzo
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 105
Joined: 20 Jun 2017, 03:21
Location: Orange County, CA

Re: Finding A Passenger List

Post by Palazzo »

I came across your post and found it very interesting. I have been looking for my Uncle Melchiorre Cicchirillo, entry into the US. We were told that he entered either in 1901 or 1902. I have his birth date, but cannot find the actual manifest.

My question could you please provide me how to contact Homeland Security?

Thank you very much,
Janet
demari18
Elite
Elite
Posts: 288
Joined: 21 Apr 2012, 15:12

Re: Finding A Passenger List

Post by demari18 »

https://www.uscis.gov/history-and-genea ... ng-records

Hopefully this will help you. Sorry for not responding sooner but have not been on this website for a while.
User avatar
Palazzo
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 105
Joined: 20 Jun 2017, 03:21
Location: Orange County, CA

Re: Finding A Passenger List

Post by Palazzo »

Thank you, demari18.
Post Reply