Genealogy on Italian WWII Gen. Amedeo Liberati
Genealogy on Italian WWII Gen. Amedeo Liberati
I am looking for any vital statistics, genealogical or biographical information available on Brig. Gen. Amedeo Liberati (born on June 12,1883 - possibly in Rieti). He served in East Africa in the early stages of WWII (commanding the “Grenadiers of Savoy” division) and was a POW under the British in Kenya following his surrender in 1941. I know that he was also alive as of at least 1952 and lived in Rieti. Rieti is in the same general region from where my line of Liberatis originate, so I am wondering if he’s possibly a distant relative. Any and all information would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Interested in the surnames Liberati, Altiero, and Gulfo. Also interested in Italy during World War II.
Re: Genealogy on Italian WWII Gen. Amedeo Liberati
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
Slava Ukraine! 
תחי ישראל

