Demaria from Molochio birth/death/marriage records...
Demaria from Molochio birth/death/marriage records...
Hello -
I'm looking for additional records for my great-great grandparents...
They lived in Molochio.
Francesco Demaria - I believe he was born in 1842.
Caterina Mustico - I believe she was born in 1849.
Any information is greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Jenn
I'm looking for additional records for my great-great grandparents...
They lived in Molochio.
Francesco Demaria - I believe he was born in 1842.
Caterina Mustico - I believe she was born in 1849.
Any information is greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Jenn
Re: Demaria from Molochio birth/death/marriage records...
Here is the POSSIBLE birth act in 1842 of Francesco de Maria in Molochio
#67 (right side of image)
Dated 14 December 1842
Father: Giuseppe de Maria, 28, hauler, residing in Molochio
Mother: Angela Franco, his legitimate wife, spinner residing in Molochio
Birth on the 12th of the month at their home.
Child was given the name FRANCESCO ANTONIO GIUSEPPE
Baptism (noted in the right column) on the 14th at the Church of Santa Maria de Merola.
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
Francesco de Maria is a very common name in Molochio... I will search for their children to see if I have the correct birth for the father here
T.
#67 (right side of image)
Dated 14 December 1842
Father: Giuseppe de Maria, 28, hauler, residing in Molochio
Mother: Angela Franco, his legitimate wife, spinner residing in Molochio
Birth on the 12th of the month at their home.
Child was given the name FRANCESCO ANTONIO GIUSEPPE
Baptism (noted in the right column) on the 14th at the Church of Santa Maria de Merola.
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
Francesco de Maria is a very common name in Molochio... I will search for their children to see if I have the correct birth for the father here
T.
Re: Demaria from Molochio birth/death/marriage records...
I do not think the birth act above is your GGF...
In this birth act for their son, Vincenzo, Francesco's father is Saverio... and his birth year appears to be about 1838.
Here is the birth of a son, Vincenzo De Maria in 1866.
Father is Francesco Demaria [son of deceased Saverio] age 28.
Mother is Caterina Mustica [daughter of living Vincenzo]
#98
Dated 224 October 1866, birth on 23rd.
Notation of marriage 28 August 1919 with Teresa Ricco(?), daughter of Giosofatto and of Francesca Mergante(?). Birth of the bride was 15 March 1896 in Iatrinoli.
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
***
Here is the CORRECT birth act for your GGF, Francesco Demaria, in 1838.
#23
Dated 15 March 1838 in Molochio - birth on 13th.
Father: Saverio de Maria, 50, landowner residing in Molochio
Mother: Teresa Raco, his legitimate wife.
Child was born and at home and given the name FRANCESCO BRUNO ANTONI de Maria.
Baptism in the Church of Santa Maria de Merula on the 15th.
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
A picture of the church of St. Maria de Merula at this link
http://jtbullock.com/Tree/Molochio.html
***
POSSIBLE birth act in 1843 for Caterina Mustica in Molochio
#8
Dated 1 February 1843 - birth on 30 January
Father: BrunoMustica, 26, shepherd residing in Molochio
Mother: Isabella Luci, his legitimate wife, spinner residing in Molochio
Child was given the name CATERINA FRANCESCA ANTONIA
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
***
Here is the Marriage in 1861 in Molochio, of Francesco Demaria and Caterina Mustica
#20
Dated 23 November 1861
Groom: Francesco Bruno Antonio Demaria, unmarried, 23, born in Molochio, ox-driver residing in Molochio; son of Saverio, ox-driver, and of Teresa Raco; both residing in Molochio
Bride: Caterina RosaMaria Mustica, unmarried, age 17, born in Molochio, residing Molochio; daughter of Vincenzo, cowboy [vaccaro], and of Nunziata Lania; both residing in Molochio.
Church celebration on the 23rd at the Church of Santa Maria de Merula
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
T.
In this birth act for their son, Vincenzo, Francesco's father is Saverio... and his birth year appears to be about 1838.
Here is the birth of a son, Vincenzo De Maria in 1866.
Father is Francesco Demaria [son of deceased Saverio] age 28.
Mother is Caterina Mustica [daughter of living Vincenzo]
#98
Dated 224 October 1866, birth on 23rd.
Notation of marriage 28 August 1919 with Teresa Ricco(?), daughter of Giosofatto and of Francesca Mergante(?). Birth of the bride was 15 March 1896 in Iatrinoli.
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
***
Here is the CORRECT birth act for your GGF, Francesco Demaria, in 1838.
#23
Dated 15 March 1838 in Molochio - birth on 13th.
Father: Saverio de Maria, 50, landowner residing in Molochio
Mother: Teresa Raco, his legitimate wife.
Child was born and at home and given the name FRANCESCO BRUNO ANTONI de Maria.
Baptism in the Church of Santa Maria de Merula on the 15th.
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
A picture of the church of St. Maria de Merula at this link
http://jtbullock.com/Tree/Molochio.html
***
POSSIBLE birth act in 1843 for Caterina Mustica in Molochio
#8
Dated 1 February 1843 - birth on 30 January
Father: BrunoMustica, 26, shepherd residing in Molochio
Mother: Isabella Luci, his legitimate wife, spinner residing in Molochio
Child was given the name CATERINA FRANCESCA ANTONIA
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
***
Here is the Marriage in 1861 in Molochio, of Francesco Demaria and Caterina Mustica
#20
Dated 23 November 1861
Groom: Francesco Bruno Antonio Demaria, unmarried, 23, born in Molochio, ox-driver residing in Molochio; son of Saverio, ox-driver, and of Teresa Raco; both residing in Molochio
Bride: Caterina RosaMaria Mustica, unmarried, age 17, born in Molochio, residing Molochio; daughter of Vincenzo, cowboy [vaccaro], and of Nunziata Lania; both residing in Molochio.
Church celebration on the 23rd at the Church of Santa Maria de Merula
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
T.
Re: Demaria from Molochio birth/death/marriage records...
Ok...this is very interesting. Can you help me understand some of your notes? When you provided Vincenzo's birth record you said there was a notation of marriage to Teresa Ricco??? Who married Teresa Ricco? Francesco or Vincenzo? I'm confused.
And then, when you provided Francesco's birth record, Teresa Raco (is this the Ricco from above) is his mother, NOT Caterina Mustica???
And then, when you provided Francesco's birth record, Teresa Raco (is this the Ricco from above) is his mother, NOT Caterina Mustica???
Re: Demaria from Molochio birth/death/marriage records...
js1228 wrote: 11 Oct 2017, 18:01 Ok...this is very interesting. Can you help me understand some of your notes? When you provided Vincenzo's birth record you said there was a notation of marriage to Teresa Ricco??? Who married Teresa Ricco? Francesco or Vincenzo? I'm confused.
And then, when you provided Francesco's birth record, Teresa Raco (is this the Ricco from above) is his mother, NOT Caterina Mustica???
Teresa Raco is the mother of Francesco Demaria who was born in 1838.
Teresa Ricco is the spouse of Francesco's son, Vincenzo (b-1866). They married in 1919, in the town of Iatrinoli.
They are not the same person
Caterina Mustica (b-1843) is Francesco's wife...
I also added the marriage act above of Francesco Demaria and Caterina Mustica.
T.
Re: Demaria from Molochio birth/death/marriage records...
Okay...so i'm re-reading what you sent again. Not sure if you are adding to what you wrote...because i didn't see some of it before. Teresa Ricco/Raco is Francesco's mother? Why is her name in Vincenzo's record, I wonder? Unless the name just so happen to be similar. And wow...Saverio was 50 when he had Francesco?!?!
And then it seems like the birth record you posted for Caterina would be incorrect...as the parents names don't match up. Is it odd that there are two such similar names in Molochio??? It's funny...becuase according to the marriage record, my Caterina Mustica would have been born in 1844-ish...close to the other one you posted.
And then it seems like the birth record you posted for Caterina would be incorrect...as the parents names don't match up. Is it odd that there are two such similar names in Molochio??? It's funny...becuase according to the marriage record, my Caterina Mustica would have been born in 1844-ish...close to the other one you posted.
Re: Demaria from Molochio birth/death/marriage records...
Thanks...you posted when I was still typing. 
Re: Demaria from Molochio birth/death/marriage records...
Yes, I noticed the discrepancy in the Caterina documents... the correct father and mother would be the ones listed in the marriage act. I posted the birth act before I found the marriage...
I will look for the correct birth act...
MEANWHILE...
Here are the births of other children of Francesco Demaria and Caterina Mustica.
Filomena Annunziata Teresa Demaria
#26 - Born 27 February 1863
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
Saverio Carmine Demaria (first born son named after paternal grandfather)
#70 - born 22 August 1864
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 8.jpg.html
Nunziata Teresa Demaria
#15 - born on 6 March 1869
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
Carmine Demaria
#78 - born 18 August 1871
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 0.jpg.html
EDIT TO ADD***
Here is the correct birth act for Caterina Mustica in Molochio in 1844...
#10
Dated 4 February 1844 - birth on the 3rd
Father: Vincenzo Mustica, 30, cowboy, residing in Molochio
Mother: Nunziata Lania, his wife, spinner
Child given the name CATERINA ROSA
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
T.
I will look for the correct birth act...
MEANWHILE...
Here are the births of other children of Francesco Demaria and Caterina Mustica.
Filomena Annunziata Teresa Demaria
#26 - Born 27 February 1863
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
Saverio Carmine Demaria (first born son named after paternal grandfather)
#70 - born 22 August 1864
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 8.jpg.html
Nunziata Teresa Demaria
#15 - born on 6 March 1869
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
Carmine Demaria
#78 - born 18 August 1871
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 0.jpg.html
EDIT TO ADD***
Here is the correct birth act for Caterina Mustica in Molochio in 1844...
#10
Dated 4 February 1844 - birth on the 3rd
Father: Vincenzo Mustica, 30, cowboy, residing in Molochio
Mother: Nunziata Lania, his wife, spinner
Child given the name CATERINA ROSA
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
T.
Re: Demaria from Molochio birth/death/marriage records...
Hi -
First, thank you so much for all the time you are taking to help me...I appreciate it!
Ok, this is all helpful. You list the four kids you found...plus Vincenzo that you found earlier. In addition, there were a few other kids...all who I am sure that came to the US:
Domenico - I believe he was born on 6-12-1880 in Molochio.
Carmello (my great-grandfather) - He was born 5-30-1884 in Molochio. I have his birth record.
Maria - I believe she was born in 1893 in Molochio.
Thank you, again!
Jenn
First, thank you so much for all the time you are taking to help me...I appreciate it!
Ok, this is all helpful. You list the four kids you found...plus Vincenzo that you found earlier. In addition, there were a few other kids...all who I am sure that came to the US:
Domenico - I believe he was born on 6-12-1880 in Molochio.
Carmello (my great-grandfather) - He was born 5-30-1884 in Molochio. I have his birth record.
Maria - I believe she was born in 1893 in Molochio.
Thank you, again!
Jenn
Re: Demaria from Molochio birth/death/marriage records...
js1228 wrote: 12 Oct 2017, 00:45 Hi -
First, thank you so much for all the time you are taking to help me...I appreciate it!
Ok, this is all helpful. You list the four kids you found...plus Vincenzo that you found earlier. In addition, there were a few other kids...all who I am sure that came to the US:
Domenico - I believe he was born on 6-12-1880 in Molochio.
Carmello (my great-grandfather) - He was born 5-30-1884 in Molochio. I have his birth record.
Maria - I believe she was born in 1893 in Molochio.
Thank you, again!
Jenn
Domenico Demaria was actually born 15 July 1881.
Here is the birth act...
#58 (incorrectly listed in the index at #70)
Dated 16 July 1881 - birth on the 15th at 5:22 AM
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
AND***
Maria Demaria was born 4 June 1891 in Molochio
#77
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
AND***
Another son in 1888 - Francesco Demaria - born 20 February 1888 in Molochio.
#20
Same Parents
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
Another daughter in 1886 - Concetta Demaria - born 19 December 1886 in Molochio
#88
Same parents
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
T.
Re: Demaria from Molochio birth/death/marriage records...
Wow - ok, this is so interesting! Thank you SO much!!! I truly appreciate your help. 
Re: Demaria from Molochio birth/death/marriage records...
Glad to do it 
T.
T.
Re: Demaria from Molochio birth/death/marriage records...
Hi - two more related birth records I was wondering if you could help with. My great-grandparents, Carmelo DeMaria (one of the son's from above) and Angela Pronesti gave birth to two children before leaving for the US.
Francesca Demaria - born 7/28/1910
Salvatore Demaria - born 1/2/1913
Thanks!!!
Jenn
Francesca Demaria - born 7/28/1910
Salvatore Demaria - born 1/2/1913
Thanks!!!
Jenn
Re: Demaria from Molochio birth/death/marriage records...
Unfortunately, the online births for Molochio only extend through 1899...
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... chio/Nati/
AND... the microfilms at your nearest Family History Center - through 1910.
https://www.familysearch.org/search/cat ... %20Library
You can probably find Francesca in these films...
Nati 1900-1910 Matrimoni 1866-1910 Morti 1866-1874
Family History Library
International B1 High Density
1916489
You will need to write to the Comune of Molochio to request the birth act of Salvatore.
Be sure to include your photo ID and an email address.
Address:
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Via XXIV Maggio, 25
89010 Molochio (RC)
ITALY
Help with letters of request.
http://geocities.ws/paulanigro/italian- ... tter3.html
http://geocities.ws/paulanigro/italian- ... talrecords
T.
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... chio/Nati/
AND... the microfilms at your nearest Family History Center - through 1910.
https://www.familysearch.org/search/cat ... %20Library
You can probably find Francesca in these films...
Nati 1900-1910 Matrimoni 1866-1910 Morti 1866-1874
Family History Library
International B1 High Density
1916489
You will need to write to the Comune of Molochio to request the birth act of Salvatore.
Be sure to include your photo ID and an email address.
Address:
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Via XXIV Maggio, 25
89010 Molochio (RC)
ITALY
Help with letters of request.
http://geocities.ws/paulanigro/italian- ... tter3.html
http://geocities.ws/paulanigro/italian- ... talrecords
T.
Re: Demaria from Molochio birth/death/marriage records...
ok, thanks...this is helpful. 

