Help finding a hospital.

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
Post Reply
illinesi
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 20
Joined: 10 Oct 2017, 12:18

Help finding a hospital.

Post by illinesi »

Hi.

On the interpretation forum Pippo kindly transcribed my great grandfather birth registration. It was in the Cremona records and says:

The baby was born in the "Ospizio degli Esposti e delle Partorienti", situated at 4, Piazza dell'Ospitale.
It doesn't say if he was then left in the same place to be grown up.
By searching in Google, it seems to be the only one there, but some local historian might be more accurate.

Having difficulties locating the hospital from google, as I plan to visit Italy next year. I found a Piazza DellOspitale in Trieste but not Cremona.
Many thanks.
erudita74
Master
Master
Posts: 9245
Joined: 27 Aug 2012, 20:26

Re: Help finding a hospital.

Post by erudita74 »

I found the following, but it's in Italian.

https://books.google.com/books?id=i7ei8 ... &q&f=false
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Help finding a hospital.

Post by suanj »

Hi,
this is the Hospice-Hospital Mission and Regulation ( printed on 1872)and explains how it should be when a trap was brought

https://play.google.com/books/reader?id ... pg=GBS.PP1
and from this other website a good info:
https://books.google.it/books?id=Dp9jAA ... ti&f=false

the Ospizio degli Esposti e delle Partorienti was in the Ospedale Civico/Maggiore, so a part of Ospedale Civico was for the foundlings and poor pregnant women....

moreover this other ebook give more infos and confirm that the Ospedale Civico https://books.google.it/books?id=eqBjAA ... ti&f=false
near S. Francesco Church, that is on Piazza Giovanni XXIII
and this is the old Ospedale and here was the Ospizio degli Esposti e delle Partorienti

http://www.laprovinciacr.it/news/cronac ... edale.html

map https://www.google.it/maps/place/Piazza ... d10.025555
hoping helpful!

Best regards,
suanj

ps Piazza dell'Ospitale 4
now is
Piazza Giovanni XXIII 4
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
illinesi
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 20
Joined: 10 Oct 2017, 12:18

Re: Help finding a hospital.

Post by illinesi »

Wow. Thanks so much.
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Help finding a hospital.

Post by suanj »

Happy to help you!
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Post Reply