I am concerned the embassy may take the position that the son (my GGF) of my Italian ancestor (my GGGF) was born out of wedlock because my GGGF’s NYC marriage certificate incorrectly recorded his last name and his parents names. This is the only document in his record, or in any of his children's records, that uses this bizarre last name. All the other required documents match. Could they assume my GGGF and GGGM weren't married because of this?
This assumption would prevent citizenship from passing from my GGGF to GGF and ultimately to me. It is not correct but because it is not possible to amend archive marriage certificate in NYC, I am trying to prepare to explain the situation.
I have tried to prepare for this argument by obtaining the following:
1) My GGF's birth certificate listing my GGGF as his father.
2)A delayed birth record for one of my GGGF's other children showing that my GGGF and GGGM were married in New York on almost the exact date of the questionable marriage certificate (one day difference).
3) A letter of no other records for marriage certificates with any similar names or AKA's for my GGGF and GGGM from the NYC archives.
4) I have obtained the church marriage records and they are also recorded incorrectly.
5) My GGGF’s alien registration record from the 1950’s which lists his wife correctly and my GGF as one of his children. The problem with this document is that my GGGF’s birth date is incorrect.
6) There is no probate record but I have the deeds for the property they lived at in the USA which lists his name and "his wife" (including her name) as the owners of the property. This deed was prepared before my GGF was born.
7) The deed where my GGGM sold the property after my GGGF Italian ancestor died in the 1960’s - on this deed she is listed as a widow.
Any input would be greatly appreciated.

