Churches in Conca dei Marini

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
Post Reply
Linag
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: 30 Sep 2016, 20:18

Churches in Conca dei Marini

Post by Linag »

Hello,

I was able to identify that my ancestors came from Conca dei Marini. I looked up churches in the area and there are more than 20 across the Amalfi coast but none show in Conca itself. I might go there next year. Which church(s) do you think I should visit in order to check the BMD records on site?
erudita74
Master
Master
Posts: 9245
Joined: 27 Aug 2012, 20:26

Re: Churches in Conca dei Marini

Post by erudita74 »

I only see two parishes listed there. I would strongly suggest you contact the parishes prior to your visit. You may not just be able to go to the individual churches and view their records. Due to a shortage of priests, many parishes now share priests, and the priest may not be resident in a parish at all times. Plus the parish books are probably very old and you may not be permitted to go through them yourself, if they are even readily available for viewing. They could be in storage somewhere in the church. You will probably have to make a donation to the parish, and the priest might then allow his clerk to search for the books for you.


Santi Giovanni Battista E Michele Arcangelo
Via S. Antonio
84010 Conca Dei Marini
Italia

S. Pancrazio Martire
Via Don Gaetano Amodio
84010 Conca Dei Marini
Italia

http://www.diocesiamalficava.it/le-parrocchie/
Linag
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: 30 Sep 2016, 20:18

Re: Churches in Conca dei Marini

Post by Linag »

Thank you for the helpful info.
erudita74
Master
Master
Posts: 9245
Joined: 27 Aug 2012, 20:26

Re: Churches in Conca dei Marini

Post by erudita74 »

You're very welcome
Erudita
Post Reply