Ciao a tutti,
I'm new to this forum but wanted to announce that a Facebook page has been set up for those who are descendants from Northern Italy [Trentino ] and who are ineligible for Italian dual citizenship via Jure Sanguinis because their ancestors left their regions before July 16, 1920 when Trentino Alto Adige became part of Italy.
Here is a link to the law [see item #4]:
http://www.esteri.it/mae/en/italiani_ne ... nanza.html
Here is a link to the facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/Trentini-Desce ... 903503130/
[or you can search in facebook for "Trentini Descendants Ineligible for Italian Citizenship"
There is an Italian attorney, Lara Olivetti of smartdualcitizenship.com who is willing to pursue this. Feel free to email her at: lara at smartdualcitizenship dot com with the specifics of your situation. There is no financial commitment. We are just trying to gather as many names as possible to petition the Italian authority. Please spread the word to your network. I know it is a bizarre law and circumstance but I'm hoping there are others out there like me.
Grazie millie!
Trentini Descendants Ineligible for Italian Citizenship
-
Mediatech5
- Newbie

- Posts: 1
- Joined: 12 Nov 2017, 02:00