I have just been advised today by the San Francisco consulate that the next appointment dates are in April 2007, and if all the paperwork is in order at the time of the appointment, processing the application takes an additional 2.5 years. This means that if all goes smoothly, I won't complete the process until approximately October 2009.
I have read that it may be possible to complete this process in Italy. If I get all the paperwork assembled, what is the process for having the approval done in Italy? What city, what office, in Italy would I go? Do I have to establish residency first? If so, how is that done? Has anyone done it this way? I am thinking of moving there anyway in the near future, so if I do, it might be much faster just to take care of all this there.
Thanks for any information you can provide.
complete dual citizenship process in Italy?
Re: complete dual citizenship process in Italy?
From everything I've read, it's more complicated in Italy; but if you're there, you probably have no choice.
Re: complete dual citizenship process in Italy?
You could try checking this link....but unfortunately it is only in Italian.
http://pers.mininterno.it/cittad/index.htm
elba
http://pers.mininterno.it/cittad/index.htm
elba
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
Re: complete dual citizenship process in Italy?
Here's a link from the province of Perugia where you'll find the information you need on applying in Italy. I've heard of many people that are considering taking this route but I have yet to hear a success story.
http://www.provincia.perugia.it/Guide-t ... oc_cvt.htm
You may want to read thru some of the threads in the link below dealing with the submission of documents for citizenship iure sanguinis in the USA and in Italy:
http://expattalk.com/groupee/forums/a/frm/f/2620055123
MarÃÂa
http://www.provincia.perugia.it/Guide-t ... oc_cvt.htm
You may want to read thru some of the threads in the link below dealing with the submission of documents for citizenship iure sanguinis in the USA and in Italy:
http://expattalk.com/groupee/forums/a/frm/f/2620055123
MarÃÂa



